PDA

View Full Version : Neighborly Drama

ShoreTrouter
03-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Hello FNN. I have a nuisance of a neighbor who plays his music as loud as he wants and it vibrates the walls. I live in a four unit apt building and the other two tenants don’t even wanna talk to him let alone see his face. He has been doing this for 5 yrs now and recently it has gotten louder and to the point that I finally got fed up.
I have asked him to please turn it down 3 of the last 6 nights. He will turn it down just to do it again a day or two later. I tried to be civil with him but it seems now the immature punk is playing it even louder out of spite. I can call the cops on him but im not sure I want to go that far… but maybe I do. I just want it to stop without creating a whole lotta drama but maybe that’s inevitable. Can anyone lend me their thoughts as to how you would handle it?

-Andy

stressD
03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
take it to the landlord and let them deal with it. if possible try to keep the police out of it, might cause bigger problems.

HawgZWylde
03-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Rather than call the police, write a letter to the offender and have it signed by the other tenants. Then send a copy to said offender and the landlords or property management. Make sure all party's sign and date the letter. If that doesn't work, your only recourse is indeed to call the police, move, or live with the idiot. Good luck...

smokehound
03-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Sounds like a tweeker to me... tweekers suck.

FELIPE
03-26-2012, 04:13 AM
I think since youve already takin the initiative to speak your opinion
to your neighbor bout his loud music playing, maybe you should be
an even cooler neighbor and suggest he sound proof his apt. With egg cartons!!!
Besides if hes been doin it for five years already, i doubt another five years
are gonna hurt you anymore than time will!!! Plus he might be mental.....

TaperSteve
03-26-2012, 08:26 AM
In most cities he can play his music as loud as he wants as long as its before 10pm. If you try calling the police before 10pm they most likely won't come out. If its after 10pm they'll come out, but it'll take them an hour to get there and all they'll probably do is tell him to turn down his music.

My best advice, mind your own business and let him go about his. You chose to live where you do (apartment building sharing walls with three other apartments). When you choose to live in an apartment, duplex, stay at a hotel, etc... you must do so knowing and excepting the fact that you will be living in close proximity to other tenants.

TS

TaperSteve
03-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a tweeker to me... tweekers suck.

and contrary to what smokehound said, not everyone who likes "loud music" is a tweeker. :Rolls Eyes:

People who stereotype and pass judgment on people are the ones that "SUCK"! :Angry:

TS

Which Way Out
03-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Like Taper Steve said.

Also a larger complex with a management team will less likely put up with that sort of thing. To many complaints by many other tenets and he will be asked to move. Seen it happen more than once. You could also find a replacement renter for the owner, that way the owner will more interested in replacing him.

Now in my younger days, a long time ago. I just Ninjaed the main power breaker to the apt. This one guy played his stereo so loud that when his main breaker was shut off Ninja style, we lead him to believe that it was because he had too powerful of a stereo. And it could damage his system if continued to do it. He got the message and all was good after that.

Good luck I feel your pain.
WWO

Dr. MindBendo
03-26-2012, 08:47 AM
If it's late call the cops on him, complain to the management etc... You should not have to put up with that kind of crap.

DarkShadow
03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
1. If the fuse box is outside of their apartment, simply flip off the power when the stereo gets loud and don't get caught. They'll think their stereo is tripping the fuse when they blast their stereo, so they'll stop doing it.

2. Have children. Nothing is worse than crappy music blaring, than kids crying and yelling at the their top of their lungs.

3. Buy a rooster.

I've heard that going to your landlord or the cops usually results in nothing happening, except having a pissed off neighbor. Good luck!

evosamurai
03-26-2012, 10:45 AM
take a crap in a paper bag, then light it on fire on their door step..........

oldfishguy
03-26-2012, 01:01 PM
just get a louder stereo than he has and blast the neil diamond till he freaks out.

Which Way Out
03-26-2012, 01:08 PM
just get a louder stereo than he has and blast the neil diamond till he freaks out.

Or Neil Young :ROFL:

DarkShadow
03-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Or Neil Young :ROFL:

Or Linkin Park. Unless they're 13 year old girls, you should see them run out of their home covering their ears begging for you to stop the auditory water boarding.

evosamurai
03-26-2012, 01:38 PM
crank this all the way up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

evosamurai
03-26-2012, 01:39 PM
then follow with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg

should work

ShoreTrouter
03-26-2012, 01:41 PM
This situation has got me PO’d and I wanted to hear some unbiased and level-headed opinions before I acted on my rage. There are some very interesting ideas expressed :) and I thank you all for your input. I think I will do as HawgZ suggested. I have already talked to the other tenants and they agree with me but getting them to sign and date a letter will show more due diligence on my part. From there I will hand the issue over to the apt mgrs and see what happens. And no smokehound he is not a tweeker lol. He may have his issues but I gotta deal with this in a civilized manner. Egg cartons, ninja’d fusebox, flaming feces, Neil Diamond...Hahahhaa! Great stuff:). Again thank you all for ALL your feedback- it has been very helpful(and entertaining I might add) . Good Day FNN!!
-Andy

ShoreTrouter
03-26-2012, 01:49 PM
crank this all the way up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

LOL!! I might get beat down if i play that.

-Andy

laserbrn
03-26-2012, 01:54 PM
I would have to say at this point it's only one persons fault. Why have you lived there for 5 years putting up with this? It must not bother you THAT much. I guess now is better than never, but yeah, try the letter thing, but ultimately in my experience the real solution is to simply move. Just move out...t'dah, you don't live next to that guy anymore.

ShoreTrouter
03-26-2012, 02:20 PM
I would have to say at this point it's only one persons fault. Why have you lived there for 5 years putting up with this? It must not bother you THAT much. I guess now is better than never, but yeah, try the letter thing, but ultimately in my experience the real solution is to simply move. Just move out...t'dah, you don't live next to that guy anymore.

Very true laserbrn! I guess I just got fed up with it and wanted some unbiased views. And in the grand scheme of things it's not THAT big o' deal. Thx!
-Andy

DockRat
03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Play Bieber.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/fearlessbieber13/justinbieber1gifffhomemade.gif

shinbob
03-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Rather than call the police, write a letter to the offender and have it signed by the other tenants. Then send a copy to said offender and the landlords or property management. Make sure all party's sign and date the letter. If that doesn't work, your only recourse is indeed to call the police, move, or live with the idiot. Good luck...

Definitely have the other tenants co-sign a letter to the landlord. I've done property management myself, and would much rather lose one problem tenant than 3 good ones, that's just a no-brainer. Appeal to their bottom line - mention that while you like living there (even if you don't), you and the others will be forced to move if the problem is not dealt with.

Troutman65
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
The deal with being able to play loud music till 10PM only works if your not bothering or disturbing anyone . If someone calls the Police at 5 PM ( or anytime during the day for all the matters ) in the afternoon because someone is playing loud music the police will come out and tell them to turn it down . I would try one more time talking with the guy to let him know his loud music is bothering you and if he keeps it up your going to call the Police . I think that is fair enough .

evosamurai
03-26-2012, 07:49 PM
found this on youtube...looked hard for a better copy but couldnt find one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iclOZFPzma0

fishermanx14
03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Hello FNN. I have a nuisance of a neighbor who plays his music as loud as he wants and it vibrates the walls. I live in a four unit apt building and the other two tenants don’t even wanna talk to him let alone see his face. He has been doing this for 5 yrs now and recently it has gotten louder and to the point that I finally got fed up.
I have asked him to please turn it down 3 of the last 6 nights. He will turn it down just to do it again a day or two later. I tried to be civil with him but it seems now the immature punk is playing it even louder out of spite. I can call the cops on him but im not sure I want to go that far… but maybe I do. I just want it to stop without creating a whole lotta drama but maybe that’s inevitable. Can anyone lend me their thoughts as to how you would handle it?

-Andy

just throw eggs at him

riverside_angler
03-26-2012, 08:14 PM
call an attorney. get a restraining order against him from playing the music after a certain time (10pm). If he violates it, he will be found in contempt.

DarkShadow
03-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Just move out...t'dah, you don't live next to that guy anymore.

What if he ends up next to someone with a rooster?

WARRIORMIKE
03-26-2012, 09:17 PM
take him fishing with you!

old pudd fisher
03-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I hear those damn Roosters every morning at my house :Guns:

slixx
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
sorry to hear about your loud neighbor. I got one of my own, i've complained to the management regarding my loud neighbor, and a few days later he gets loud again, complain again and a few more days hes loud again. Management probably wont do much since hes paying his rent and the only complaint is noise so they'll just remind him about keeping it down. now when my neighbor is loud i just turn up my surround sound to what ever im listen to for 10 min and wow all of a sudden no more noise. in a few months he wont bother me anymore moving to a new place, without common walls. good luck on your situation.

DockRat
03-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Try this http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee350/LAXJT/asskicking-1.gif
or
Go to the main electrical panel and shut off the main breaker to his unit.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh282/Vastighan/TOOLOUDVASTI.jpgDR

DockRat
03-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I hear those damn Roosters every morning at my house :Guns:

Hey OPF, what happened to PMB ?
Tell him we miss him.
Thnx, DR

evosamurai
03-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey OPF, what happened to PMB ?
Tell him we miss him.
Thnx, DR

lol..........

Armofisher818
03-26-2012, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbR_rakilds

Play this on a 24 hour replay with the volume on Mac and go fishing. You will have one angry bastard when you come back

Karyn
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
you guys are sooo funny! Sorry, I understand this is a real problem for you; however, the reply's are hysterical!

I kinda had the same issue, except I owned my home, the guy lived to the side of our yard, and he would start his lawnmower and keep it running from 11-3pm daily; the only problem was my children were little (5, 3, 1) and had to take a nap and no matter what room I put them in, you could hear the RRRRRRR of the lawnmower. He was trying to "get back" at the other neighbor because he was working on his cars in the back yard- Don't ask. To this day, I still don't get the logic. After being neighborly and going over there- and getting the door slammed in my face, being called every name in the book, I had enough. I called the police about 5 times, went to "mediation," pressed charges, and I finally took his sorry RENTERS A** to court and the judge told him that his noise level was higher than allowed, and the next time it happened, he would be in contempt and go to jail. So, sure enough... it happened again and he went to jail. Now, since I owned my house, I was NOT moving. About a week later, he started up again... he was incarcerated over and over again- Finally, he moved. The punch of it all is he worked at the sanitarium. No Lie! So funny! I'll say it...Jack A**!!!

I have to remember, good things happen to good people and Karma hits hard! Good Luck.

ShoreTrouter
03-27-2012, 01:54 PM
you guys are sooo funny! Sorry, I understand this is a real problem for you; however, the reply's are hysterical!

I kinda had the same issue, except I owned my home, the guy lived to the side of our yard, and he would start his lawnmower and keep it running from 11-3pm daily; the only problem was my children were little (5, 3, 1) and had to take a nap and no matter what room I put them in, you could hear the RRRRRRR of the lawnmower. He was trying to "get back" at the other neighbor because he was working on his cars in the back yard- Don't ask. To this day, I still don't get the logic. After being neighborly and going over there- and getting the door slammed in my face, being called every name in the book, I had enough. I called the police about 5 times, went to "mediation," pressed charges, and I finally took his sorry RENTERS A** to court and the judge told him that his noise level was higher than allowed, and the next time it happened, he would be in contempt and go to jail. So, sure enough... it happened again and he went to jail. Now, since I owned my house, I was NOT moving. About a week later, he started up again... he was incarcerated over and over again- Finally, he moved. The punch of it all is he worked at the sanitarium. No Lie! So funny! I'll say it...Jack A**!!!

I have to remember, good things happen to good people and Karma hits hard! Good Luck.

LOL very funny indeed. These guys actually made me forget my problem and had me laughing real hard. Thanks for sharing your story Karyn. Wow…11-3? due to car repairs. That is some serious BS you had to deal with. You did say he WORKED? at the sanitarium??
-Andy

ShoreTrouter
03-27-2012, 01:57 PM
My best advice, mind your own business and let him go about his. You chose to live where you do (apartment building sharing walls with three other apartments). When you choose to live in an apartment, duplex, stay at a hotel, etc... you must do so knowing and excepting the fact that you will be living in close proximity to other tenants.

TS

Yeah that’s not gonna work for me but I like your Jerry avatar. I appreciate your input TS.
-Andy

ShoreTrouter
03-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Shinbob thx for your expertise on the matter. Im ready to take this to the apt mgrs if needed.

TROUTMAN! - you know I actually considered calling the police but this guy is no criminal in my mind. He thinks im gonna be a push over but he’ll learn. Definitely a last resort though. Thx!
-Andy

ShoreTrouter
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
take him fishing with you!

True story: Couple yrs ago I did take him on a ninja mission but he couldn’t hop the golf course fence so we just came back. I then took him to the golf range and was trying to show him some swing tips but he had the inability to listen. Go figure!
-Andy

ShoreTrouter
03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbR_rakilds

Play this on a 24 hour replay with the volume on Mac and go fishing. You will have one angry bastard when you come back

That’s actually pretty clever my friend but unfortunately my nice neighbor will get the brunt of the noise. If it was a duplex with just he and I and I was younger, Id buy the loudest stereo then shut his breaker then crank up Rammstein-Du Hast, light a bag of crap on his doorstep, mind my own business and go fishing.

ShoreTrouter
03-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Then I just might tweek through the wee hours of the night while blaring slayer until my rooster signified daybreak.

btw-just to clarify I AM just kidding. Would never do any of that especially the tweek part.

-Andy

ShoreTrouter
03-27-2012, 03:09 PM
sorry to hear about your loud neighbor. I got one of my own, i've complained to the management regarding my loud neighbor, and a few days later he gets loud again, complain again and a few more days hes loud again. Management probably wont do much since hes paying his rent and the only complaint is noise so they'll just remind him about keeping it down. now when my neighbor is loud i just turn up my surround sound to what ever im listen to for 10 min and wow all of a sudden no more noise. in a few months he wont bother me anymore moving to a new place, without common walls. good luck on your situation.
Good deal for you. Thanks for your kind words.
-Andy

HawgZWylde
03-27-2012, 08:12 PM
That’s actually pretty clever my friend but unfortunately my nice neighbor will get the brunt of the noise. If it was a duplex with just he and I and I was younger, Id buy the loudest stereo then shut his breaker then crank up Rammstein-Du Hast, light a bag of crap on his doorstep, mind my own business and go fishing.

I tell ya what ShoreTrouter, if your neighbor won't lighten up, I'll bring my Marshall stack over and set it up facing, and right against the wall, we'll get your good neighbor in on it as well, then, plug in my Les Paul and let it rip. I've got some killer effects that we could use that would probably make this guy think that "The War of the Worlds" had actually begun. He'd have nightmares for the rest of his life. But more importantly, he will have gotten the message loud and clear...

DarkShadow
03-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Another solution?

Crickets.

Buy thousands of them, put them in a bag, and disperse them underneath his door or any crack that leads into their place.

Fight noise with a different type of noise.

slixx
03-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Another solution?

Crickets.

Buy thousands of them, put them in a bag, and disperse them underneath his door or any crack that leads into their place.

Fight noise with a different type of noise.

LMFAO hmmmmmmm i might just consider this before i leave

but then again Karma's a b#$#@

Armofisher818
03-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Don't fight fire with fire. Think about it where will all this end up? Is he really gonna stop if you blast the radio all the way? Let's take this into serious hands we can't solve anything goin about like this even though it's funny just become friends with him don't be enemies take him fishing, go play bball, throw an orgy or something I know I said to put on that song but now thinking of it don't......

ShoreTrouter
03-28-2012, 12:45 AM
HawgZ-- JFOMCL MAO (just fell out of my chair lmao)!! So far so good this week but well see.

Man! DS where do you come up with this stuff ?? LoL

ShoreTrouter
03-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Don't fight fire with fire. Think about it where will all this end up? Is he really gonna stop if you blast the radio all the way? Let's take this into serious hands we can't solve anything goin about like this even though it's funny just become friends with him don't be enemies take him fishing, go play bball, throw an orgy or something I know I said to put on that song but now thinking of it don't......

You are absolutely right Armofisher. This thread has gotten kinda out of hand. lol Advice taken.

The Fishing Queen
03-28-2012, 12:16 PM
This thread is very entertaining, funnest one since the site crashed.