PDA

View Full Version : Perris Sunday before the storm.....

bassgrabber1
03-25-2012, 07:15 PM
My buddy Daniel and I got there at 6:30 and were the second boat on the water. Air temp was 49* and water temp was 55*. Started off at the east end and fished the pond. Also worked the south shore. We ended up with 9 boated and plenty of bites. Our biggest was caught by my friend Daniel (4lbs 4oz) my biggest was 3lbs 1 oz....overall we had a great day. Left around 2ish just before the rain came in. It was great weather till then. All fish were caught on a variety of things....jigs, brush Hogs and drop shot. Almost all our fish were footballs which means they are on the chew. I will post pics tomorrow. Gonna post a vid this week as well. Bigger fish are being caught on the larger baits jigs with large trailers and brush hogs.. If you are trying to catch numbers then a drop shot is your ticket. Water temp never got past 58* ....the wind was probably the worst it has been in a couple months. Good luck guys:Smile:

Here are some of the Pics we took.

New Video is up now.
http://youtu.be/RH1voDuCB30

bassoholic
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the report! Good job out there!

Senor Rambone
03-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Good times!!!

bassgrabber1
03-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Good times!!!

Yes it was.!

HawgZWylde
03-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a great day on the water, good job stickin em. It's been years since I've been on Perris. Going to have to get out there again soon. Are they opening the lake on Tuesdays and Wednesdays yet?

bassgrabber1
03-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Sounds like a great day on the water, good job stickin em. It's been years since I've been on Perris. Going to have to get out there again soon. Are they opening the lake on Tuesdays and Wednesdays yet?
No not yet....I believe it starts on May 1st.

M@M
03-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Nice Fish!! Thanks for report! Seems your really getting Perris figured out. WTG

JigStop
03-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Tuesday is always real good at Perris and DVL in the spring cause the bass are back on the chew after being given sore lips by all the tournament fishermen.

bassgrabber1
03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Tuesday is always real good at Perris and DVL in the spring cause the bass are back on the chew after being given sore lips by all the tournament fishermen. Thursdays are better because its right before the tourney guys get there.

HawgZWylde
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Thursdays are better because its right before the tourney guys get there.

We go out Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (DVL). What a difference, on Friday, all the tourney guys are out pre-fishin with their little notebooks in hand. Tuesdays are so peaceful, we can usually fish without anyone even remotely close all day. Wednesday is 1/2 price rental day so it gets a little busy. Weekends are out of the question. Just too much pressure on the fish.

Nice pics man. The dude in the pics kinda looks like Chris Lane...

bassgrabber1
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM
We go out Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (DVL). What a difference, on Friday, all the tourney guys are out pre-fishin with their little notebooks in hand. Tuesdays are so peaceful, we can usually fish without anyone even remotely close all day. Wednesday is 1/2 price rental day so it gets a little busy. Weekends are out of the question. Just too much pressure on the fish.

Nice pics man. The dude in the pics kinda looks like Chris Lane...
hahahahaha....no ...Thats my friend Daniel from Okuma Fishing.

HawgZWylde
03-26-2012, 01:45 PM
hahahahaha....no ...Thats my friend Daniel from Okuma Fishing.

Lol, I figured he was a rep with all the swag he is wearing. It's just the pics, I couldn't see Lane taking a little side trip to the west while fishing the elites. Still, your buddy, in those pics, kinda has a Chris lane look to him...

HawgStalker
03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Good job guys!

Thanx for the report....

bassgrabber1
03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Lol, I figured he was a rep with all the swag he is wearing. It's just the pics, I couldn't see Lane taking a little side trip to the west while fishing the elites. Still, your buddy, in those pics, kinda has a Chris lane look to him...

hahahahahaha....you said swag!

Good job guys!

Thanx for the report....

Thanx man.

allIdoIsfish
03-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Tuesday is always real good at Perris and DVL in the spring cause the bass are back on the chew after being given sore lips by all the tournament fishermen.

Totally agree with you man, Tuesdays are the best.

fishmounter
03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Nice James! Hey I sent you a PM-

bassgrabber1
03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Pm answered Jeff.

Sandman_Tracker
03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Thx for the report...just out of curiousity, how deep were the fish?

bassgrabber1
03-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Thx for the report...just out of curiousity, how deep were the fish?
All fish are in spawning range of 2 to 7 feet.

Sandman_Tracker
03-26-2012, 11:16 PM
All fish are in spawning range of 2 to 7 feet.

Cool...thx, I was just wondering if the fish went a little deeper, doesn't sound like it. My 3 boys were out there today fishing from the bank near the old boat launch by lot 12. I had my oldest out there last week and we cruised by that ramp, and I said "man, I wish there weren't so many people on the ramp. I always catch fish on that ramp". Well, he remembered what I said and ran a firetiger colored spinnerbait along the edge of it (from left to right) and hooked into 2. He made sure he took pics, otherwise I wouldn't have believed him...lol

Hope to see you on the water soon Bassgrabber...seems you know that lake pretty well.

bassgrabber1
03-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Cool...thx, I was just wondering if the fish went a little deeper, doesn't sound like it. My 3 boys were out there today fishing from the bank near the old boat launch by lot 12. I had my oldest out there last week and we cruised by that ramp, and I said "man, I wish there weren't so many people on the ramp. I always catch fish on that ramp". Well, he remembered what I said and ran a firetiger colored spinnerbait along the edge of it (from left to right) and hooked into 2. He made sure he took pics, otherwise I wouldn't have believed him...lol

Hope to see you on the water soon Bassgrabber...seems you know that lake pretty well.

Before I got a boat , those ramps were the ticket!! I have done really well at the boat launches on spinner baits as well....hope to see you soon!

Natural Lefty
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I believe Perris was open every day of the week beginning April 1 last year, not May 1, so I expect that to be the case this year again

seal
03-27-2012, 10:58 AM
May 1 is the date to change this year at Silverwood, Perris is probably the same, last year and years prior it was April but cutbacks continue.

bassgrabber1
03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
May 1 is the date to change this year at Silverwood, Perris is probably the same, last year and years prior it was April but cutbacks continue.
May 1st is the date this year ...sux

Natural Lefty
03-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah, that does suck. I was figuring this year would be the same as last cutback-wise.

bassgrabber1
03-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Really it doesnt affect my fishing days since I go out on Thursdays and Sundays but there are times that I have a Tues or Wed to spare and thats when it sux a lot........see you guys out there on Thursday!!! I really think I am going to catch a 6+ on Thurs...just sayin.

Sandman_Tracker
03-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I was debating on going this Thursday, if not, I'll be out there for sure on Sunday....

I work nights, so my sleep is precious...lol

Gordita
03-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Man, them bass sure are nice.

Senor Rambone
03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Man, them bass sure are nice.

Thanks chica! Nothing like a nice bass....

The Lone Fisherman
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Very nice! WTG!