PDA

View Full Version : Newport Harbor Jetty 08-17 2pm - 7pm

NoFriends
08-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Fished with 2 buddies on the low tide with frozen mack, squid and chovies. We managed 2 butts (1 almost legal), 1 yfc, 1 sandie, 1 corbina, a couple giant smelts. All caught on mack. 1 calico caught on a green mack looking kroc too. Another fun day with perfect weather.

Troutman65
08-18-2007, 09:47 PM
8)

Thanks for the report.

Troutman65

servant joe
08-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey NoFriend,
Thanks for the report. Now you have a friend. It's servantjoe.
I will have to try surf fishing again. I tried once. But without luck. Do you know what is good for a surf spinning reel?
servantjoe
:)

NoFriends
08-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Hey NoFriend,
Thanks for the report. Now you have a friend. It's servantjoe.
I will have to try surf fishing again. I tried once. But without luck. Do you know what is good for a surf spinning reel?
servantjoe
:)

Haha I do actually have friends but NoFriends is just a brand name. On this report I actually fished off the jetty which is at the end of the Balboa penisula. Surf fishing is fun and tiring. I caught a bunch of BSP's my 1st time out at huntington state beach. I just used the camo crack on c-rig with my shimano clarus/sahara 4000 spinning reel. My reel works just fine out in the surf but I don't know what to recommend for you. Maybe someone on here could help you that really has alot more knowledge than me. You can try searching on this website or try http://www.scsurffishing.com/.

Cheers!