PDA

View Full Version : 3/23 Glen Helen.

fishfnatic
03-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Story: Got into the line up at 6:30am with my brother. There were quiet a few cars there already. Get through the gate and setup around 8:00. I was talking to my brother on Thursday and was telling him that no matter what happens today I am going to attempt to land my first fish on the drop shot. I've never been able to successfully pull it off so I was determined. My brother sets up his two poles with power bait and I set up one of mine with power bait and the other as a drop shot. After 40 min I wanted a break so I handed my pole to my brother. He starts fishing the area I was working when he decided that he wanted to try somewhere else. 3 minutes after he moves to another area he hooks up and lands a fish. That was the first time he ever caught a fish on the drop shot. He passed the pole off to me and I started working that spot, 5 minutes later I land a fish with the same drop shot. We had figured out what the fish want. I pulled in my power bait and rigged another drop shot up so we could both use one. That's all it took. We had our limits by 12:30. Power bait got no love anywhere. Jigs got a little love, onesies twosies on jigs for people. The fish were smaller then usual but was able to pull 2 out close to 2lbs.

Totals: A limit for the both of us.

Technique: Drop shot chartreuse power worm with a 2' - 3' tag end of course, dipped in BITE ON GARLIC.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh614/fishfnatic1/ATT_1332643973836_photo.jpg

The Fishing Queen
03-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Great catches! Now you are fishing like a pro.:Thumbs Up: I like your report with a lot of details. Thanks for sharing!