PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa March Madness Trout Tournament Results! One more qualifier left guys!

VineAssist
03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Today was the first ever Daiwa March Madness Event here at Irvne Lake and what a tournament it turned out to be. 192 tournament anglers showed up to test their skills. At stake where 10spots for the coveted Masters Tournament and a hefty prize purse. From the get go we knew some heavy weight trout would be brought up to the scales thanks in part to the massive stocking of Trophy Trout a couple of days prior. A lot of good fish where brought to the scales today. I lost count of how many fish in the low 3lb class we saw come to the scales. When it was all said and done it would take a 4.0lb fish to crack the top 10.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050435.jpg
Kyle Crisanti of Fullerton was one of the first anglers to weigh in. Here is Klye with his 7.14 Rainbow Trout. Kyle was in the lead for a majority of the day, however it was not meant to be.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050440.jpg
Shaun Martnez of Ontario, owner of Shauns Smokin Jigs, bested this 10.4 Rainbow Trout while fishing a Shauns Smokin Jig at the West Shore.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050438.jpg
Mike "Kona" Meredith of Irvine landed this 11.14 Steelhead while trolling a Lucky Craft Staysee 90sp Version 2 on 4lb Seagar Flourcarbon and the NEW Seeker Trout Series rod. Mike battled the fish for a good ten minutes for he finally subdued the beast. Mike commented "The New Seeker Trout Series Rod handled the big Steelhead flawlessly. The model 703 is the model I was using to troll the bigger plugs at mid lake and is the one I hooked the giant on! Thank you Seeker Rods!"

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050437.jpg
Here is another shot of Mike's lunker Steelhead.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/P1050442.jpg

Daiwa March Madness Tournament Results:
1.Mike Meredith 11.14 (Steelhead) $1344
2.Shaun Martinez 10.4 $652
3.Kyle Crisanti 7.14 $460
4.Armando Renteria "Hitts On" 4.12 $345
5.Kressler Quarles 4.4 $268
6.Mark Mitchell 4.4 1:36 $230
7.Matt Ingle 4.4 1:57 $192
8.Linda Elman 4.2 10:11am
9.Jose Tirado 4.2 1:36pm
10.Craig Adkinson 4.0 1:16pm

Since Kyle had allready qualified for the Masters Tournament our 11th place finisher goes on to the Masters Tournament.
11.Jeff Throckman 3.14 1:34pm

Remeber anglers there is just one tournament left in the Masters Series left and that is the Berkley Cup! The Berkley Cup takes place next weekend March 31st! Up for grabs is the masters spot the prize money and to the winner a $500 Berkley Prize pack! Also a "spotter" boat will be on the water from Berkley. If your fish was caught on anything represented by Berkley "Gulp!, Berkley Frenzy, Johnson, Abu Garcia, Berkley etc" flag down the boat and they will throw a prize your way. I want this to be the biggest tournament of the year so come on out!

Once again on behalf of the staff of Irvine Lake I would like to thank all of the anglers who come out here and support our tournaments. This has been by far the best showing we have had over the past few years. Its the anglers who make working out here possible and we thank you for that.

Tight Lines FNN,
Jimmy

Rooster
03-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Made my day hearing you qualified Hitts. Congrats on making it to the masters! :Dancing Banana:

hooks
03-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Congrats Mike and Hitts !!!!! And everyone else !

Big Daddy
03-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice Hittsy was fun today see ya next week Bro. your on your way to the Masters my friend.

trollmiester
03-25-2012, 07:40 AM
I think the rerason hits won today is beacuse we were on the freeway the same time.Get there late and there is no line. Weigh to go buddy.lolololololololol

See Chris Fish
03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Right on Hitts!!! Master's bound!!!! Beat SPCatfish for me!!! LOL
Way to go, Mike!!

Dang, planned to make it out there friday night, but the truck broke down on the wife friday afternoon. Starter crapped out and I had a spring break on the rear brakes, so they weren't working.
Better in a parking lot than the launch ramp! Hey Chris, is that your truck in the lake? lol
See ya at the Berkley tourney.

5150fishn
03-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Nice job Hitts! Way to qualify brotha. Hopefully I will be out next weekend.

Bebop
03-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Great day for you Hitts. Glad to see you made the Masters. Next week I will try again to get on the list. Enjoy the new Rod

Hitts0n
03-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Made my day hearing you qualified Hitts. Congrats on making it to the masters! :Dancing Banana:

I had lots of fun yesterday ! Hope to be on the waters with you soon,thanks !

Congrats Mike and Hitts !!!!! And everyone else !

Ty Hooks !

Nice Hittsy was fun today see ya next week Bro. your on your way to the Masters my friend.

Thank you very much !! See you next weekend ! "mmm coleslaw n pullpork"

I think the rerason hits won today is beacuse we were on the freeway the same time.Get there late and there is no line. Weigh to go buddy.lolololololololol

Troll nice seeing you out there bro..where's my lighter !!

Right on Hitts!!! Master's bound!!!! Beat SPCatfish for me!!! LOL
Way to go, Mike!!

Dang, planned to make it out there friday night, but the truck broke down on the wife friday afternoon. Starter crapped out and I had a spring break on the rear brakes, so they weren't working.
Better in a parking lot than the launch ramp! Hey Chris, is that your truck in the lake? lol
See ya at the Berkley tourney.

Its your time Chris! Lets get out there soon !

Nice job Hitts! Way to qualify brotha. Hopefully I will be out next weekend.

Lets do it ! Good luck !! thanks !!

Great day for you Hitts. Glad to see you made the Masters. Next week I will try again to get on the list. Enjoy the new Rod

I will add a reel to the rod this week! I guess i'll troll a few hours before baiting n waiting! Thanks again !

OC ANGLER
03-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Congrats to the Winners ! nice going Hitts ! me and a friend had a good day but I guess not good enough to get to the top. Met a few more FNNer's out there and Team 57 was representing! Hoping I can get back out there this weekend ! gotta see if I can afford a boat .. hitting all these tourney's lately has been draining the fun fund .