PDA

View Full Version : Skunked at Peck this AM

white belt
03-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Got there around 7. Threw a rapala cd and a bass swimbait for nothing. Lost two of my rat l traps and a spro frog. I did get a bass out of its structure with a weedless minnow but he didnt bite and it looked like a dink. Worked all around the lake and didnt even get a bite. I asked 3 other fishermen if they had any luck but they were skunked. This one guy thought he had a huge carp but it was just a roll of newspaper haha. Left at 1030. Might go to pudd later on today.

ShoreTrouter
03-24-2012, 12:29 PM
.....but it was just a roll of newspaper haha.

LOL thats funny! I never fail to lose lures and I rarely catch fish there yet I still find myself returning to the atmosphere/fishiness.
I have heard that if you can catch LM at LL you can catch anywhere. Well that must truly be the case at the pit!
BTW Was the cove on the north end filled up? Thats a good carp spot when it is. Thx for the report.
-Andy

white belt
03-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Starting to fill up, but not enough. I checked the drain hole and the water was really dirty. Looks like the lake just had some run off. I didnt even want to throw my line in that spot but theres usually fish around there.

ShoreTrouter
03-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

The Fishing Queen
03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Sorry about your skunk! I always wondering about this lake. I fished there twice - once got skunked for trout, the other time I was fishing for catfish and caught two (4 lbs and 6 lbs) at the night. I always fished at the right side of the lake. I know that is a good lake for cats and carps. Never saw anyone catch trout when I was there.

white belt
03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
The trout get absolutely shredded by birds and I guess they hide in that middle channel, but ive never caugt a trout there either. I'll be at the pudd on Fri though. Get my catch on with those panfish!

ShoreTrouter
03-26-2012, 03:24 PM
I have never seen a trout there either except once while they were stocking it. Then gone- released into the wild. I think thats a good catfish lake Ive only caught two in the past and like TFQ they were both caught at night. Some of the locals said that shrimp is their go-to bait for cats.

white belt
03-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Yea the kitties seem to do better in our city park lakes. I've seen a couple caught in that same cove you're talking about.

ShoreTrouter
03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Speaking of the cove: Wonder if it has filled up since yesterdays rain. Do you know- does it fill up only as a result of rain? or do they release water into the lake from time to time.
-Andy

white belt
03-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Seems like they release the water, not 100% though... If its only based off the rain, i would have to say no. It would need to fill over a foot to be fishable.

Carptain_Bao
03-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Sorry about your skunk! I always wondering about this lake. I fished there twice - once got skunked for trout, the other time I was fishing for catfish and caught two (4 lbs and 6 lbs) at the night. I always fished at the right side of the lake. I know that is a good lake for cats and carps. Never saw anyone catch trout when I was there.

For real, fishing queen? You went there at night time? I gotta say that place gets kinda creepy at night time:( And nobody kicks you out from there? You must be with some friends out there right. Just watch out, although I love that place but still I don't think it is a very safe lake after all