PDA

View Full Version : Fri Fishing Report (3/23) Prior to Tourney......

karalm
03-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Well it was a good day and I am sure that people will be getting the Big uns on Sat. Water temp was 57-60 and it was overcast for half of the day which I think kept the bite good. I started out on my plan to hit the bass ASAP in the am because that is what I usually fish for and no sooner then getting into the flats, 2nd cast gets my first of the day. I kept working the shore and developed a pattern on the bass and for the day scored (10) from 1.5 to 2.75 lbs. It was a hell of lot of fun and believe this pre-spawn activity is about to break wide open. After getting my fun on bass, went to the troll when the sun broke out and managed to get (3) large Trout (I think one was a steelhead because of the different color and the slight hook jaw and big teeth. It was over 3 lbs and fought the best of the bunch. The other two were over two lbs and everything seems to be on the chew. I heard of a large (over 12 lbs) take a shore angler for a run and when it went down, broke him off...bummer but I bet a lot of people will score with the pre-front condictions tomorrow and overcast. Good luck and tight lines.........:Smile:
BTW the Vine has the 21+ lbr in the ice chest near the store entrance door - take a peek and hope if you get one that size, say a prayer:!!!:

BRING IT
03-23-2012, 04:31 PM
great report, I saw lot o bass on beds wed, keep up the great reports.

dixoncider
03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Just passing some info along for you Turney guys. I fished today also. Didn't get on the water till 1100, good trolling to be had in the flats. 3 to 5 colors on needle fish. Got fish on the flat line also..Seemed the bright colors worked better for me.. They stocked fishing at the ramp and also back in the flats today.