PDA

View Full Version : 3/22, morning fishing at the Pudd!

The Fishing Queen
03-22-2012, 02:55 PM
3/22, good day with warm temperatures around 72 degrees. East Shore at 8:00 am to practice fly casting with my new hot pink fly rod at the east cove for an hour. Saw two people get some nice sized redears and bluegills. Another man caught three really large crappies. A lot of people were out there fishing, but the fish action was pretty slow when I was there. Then moved to Sailboat Cove around 9:30, as I expected - shoulder to shoulder along the shore. One lucky man caught a medium sized bass, a few people had some small sized panfish, and four fishing men on floats or kayaks also caught a few. The action was slow but steady. Almost everybody had more than one or two fish, but most of them were small to medium size ones. I had a few nibbles on spinning rod, landed two little gills, and missed the others. I guess those were really small dinks that stole my bait. At 11:40, the weather got really warm, and I got really bored, so I called the day off..........

The water was nasty dirty green, it looks like something left over from St. Patric's Day. I wonder if that's what is effecting the fish bitting?....... Don't know what's going on at Pudd this afternoon, but I hope the fishing will be better and I am looking forward to see other's reports. The end!........

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p561/TheFishingQueen/mini5.png

white belt
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Nice report fishing queen. I guess this inconsistent weather isnt really messing with the bite. Thanks for sharing!

Rhernandez94
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Yea sailboat is really nasty, guess all the pollen from the trees just really dirtied up the water on top of it turning

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-22-2012, 07:26 PM
yea after i caught the carp.in the back middle pier cove.we fished the burnt pier,east side shoreline.there were people in most of my favorite spots.i didnt see any schools of redears ,and gills.the water was kind of bad,so i said lets go to sailboat. but when we got to sailboat, it was like someone poured pea soup in it.i couldnt get my bead head to sink thru it.left at 11am.alice (fishing queen)managed some panfish using her magic pink spinning setups..im going to take a 3 day break for honey dues,and see some of my grand daughters soccer games.

Troutcz swimbait
03-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Alice ,did you catch anything on your new PINK fly rod ?

The Fishing Queen
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Alice ,did you catch anything on your new PINK fly rod ?
Not yet.:Sad: getting better at casting today.:Smile:How did you do today?

old pudd fisher
03-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Agree with the sail boat cove looking nasty green on shore, I never seen it look like that. I was thinking a boat lost it's oil or something.

socalbassboy
03-22-2012, 09:14 PM
me and my dad caught a few bluegill last sunday...and i caught a trout too...it looks like its been slowing down

Jeremy Wade Jr
03-22-2012, 09:23 PM
It's like that all the way to the dam area by picnic island, then it gets real nasty... I take it that's where the drains are? looks like they may have released some nasty stuff from there.

The Fishing Queen
03-22-2012, 09:49 PM
looks like they may have released some nasty stuff from there.
That sounds scary! I wonder if it might be true. Never saw any lake look so nasty before. But the water at the east shore is much clearer.

Cowboy Hookup
03-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Thanks for another good report Alice. It sucks to hear that water quality not improving and just heatin up. I'm bummed at the lack of trout action, I think we all got a little spoiled in January. Been trying the panfishing but catchin mostly dinks, which is just not doing it for me. Considering hittin up Prado soon for trout.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-23-2012, 06:00 AM
im not sure of the excact tech term,ive always heard the term lake turn over.alge bloom.im sure someone can explain the term in more detail.i know it has to do with the lake temps going up. affects the water some how.

The Fishing Queen
03-23-2012, 09:06 AM
me and my dad caught a few bluegill last sunday...and i caught a trout too...it looks like its been slowing down
I saw a few people catch bass at East shore and Sailboat Cove this week. Two were medium sized bass, but the others were dinks.

Troutcz swimbait
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Not yet.:Sad: getting better at casting today.:Smile:How did you do today?

I got 5 slabs 9 big bluegill,at swimbeach cove.

The Fishing Queen
03-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks for another good report Alice. It sucks to hear that water quality not improving and just heatin up. I'm bummed at the lack of trout action, I think we all got a little spoiled in January. Been trying the panfishing but catchin mostly dinks, which is just not doing it for me. Considering hittin up Prado soon for trout.

I wasn't fishing for trout these past a few days, but I hooked them on worms once in a while when I was fishing for gills. Considering they have been stocking the past 12 weeks in a row, and 1200-1500lbs a week, there should be over 14000-17000bls of fish dumped into the Pudd. So where are these fish now? We all know trout fishing is tough at the Pudd. I guess maybe the birds ate some of them, and that's why there are so many fat cormorants and seagulls living at the lake...... Someone told me Rancho Jurupa just stocked some nice sized trout this week, you may want to check it out. Let me know how you do if you go.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM
I got 5 slabs 9 big bluegill,at swimbeach cove. like always u guys always find um.u know there will be 30 guys ,there trying to get there meat on.i cant wait fotr the whole lake ,to go off so we have enough room ,for everyone.to fish without ,shoulder to shoulder fishing.see u soon.the amigos are bound ,and determended to get alice on some red ears, on the fly rod.shes a great student.i might have to take her to the darkside...pmbs.... LOL.....

The Fishing Queen
03-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Mike, I'll get some fish on my new fly rod one of these days. How was your honey-do job day? Having fun with your grandkids yet? I didn't go fishing at the Pudd today. Last night I got an allergic reaction after dinner (maybe the mushrooms I ate), and I was on Benadryl pills all day today. Slept a lot and feel a little better now. I'm going up to mountain tonight and will be fishing when I am up there. Wish me luck!

Rhernandez94
03-23-2012, 07:04 PM
im not sure of the excact tech term,ive always heard the term lake turn over.alge bloom.im sure someone can explain the term in more detail.i know it has to do with the lake temps going up. affects the water some how.

I think when the water hits a certain temp and stays warm it is the perfect environment for algae and plants to grow, warm water and plenty of sun help for the lake to turn.