PDA

View Full Version : Cement hole

HBAR
03-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Went to the cement hole today, got a big ole :Skunk: but was actually testing out my new Prowler tube I got from "Sappy Dog", found out I need to wear full chest waders and not the hip boats I'm used to wearing with the float boat I "dealed" to him. Was also showing "Topwater Terry" how to "tube" since he's never been out there :Titanic:
Once he figured out why he was slowly sinking (didn't close the zipper on his new tube all the way, and why tube was leaking air) he got out there in a hurry, and quickly caught on.
Chalk board there says 600lbs was stocked on 3/15/12 (it was a for a private event), only saw one person catch something other than the birds loosing them and watching the trout swim away.

HBAR
03-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Well tried my luck out there today caught two but also found out my chest waders that I have only used twice have holes in both legs, damn it!
They stocked it (if you want to call it that) yesterday, buddy was there when the truck showed up said they only dumped 5 net fulls in.

Armofisher818
03-31-2012, 04:36 PM
That sucks they filled that thing up already? What did they do with everything that was in it?

HBAR
03-31-2012, 08:47 PM
armo what do you mean, they never completely emptied it, just wish that fish and game would be around to see the guys using three rods 6 hooks on each line catching their limits taking them and storing in their cars only to come back and get more. By buddy tells me that yesterday the trout were stunned and people were netting them, but that the lifeguard came around and told them they couldn't do that and to put the fish back in the water which they did after they argued with them.

Armofisher818
03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
armo what do you mean, they never completely emptied it, just wish that fish and game would be around to see the guys using three rods 6 hooks on each line catching their limits taking them and storing in their cars only to come back and get more. By buddy tells me that yesterday the trout were stunned and people were netting them, but that the lifeguard came around and told them they couldn't do that and to put the fish back in the water which they did after they argued with them.
Damn poachers always ruining our fishing we just need one day for the dfg to poke his head and take a look at all those people and fine them just once and I'm sure they'll stop. Is the water level still down or did they fill it up already?

Cartman
03-31-2012, 08:57 PM

No DFG there to bust their asses? Great, just great. At least the lifeguard stuck his neck out took a stand. Kudos to him. Jeez.

Armofisher818
03-31-2012, 09:00 PM
No DFG there to bust their asses? Great, just great. At least the lifeguard stuck his neck out took a stand. Kudos to him. Jeez.

The life guard always stands their like an idiot in his office or takes the golf cart and goes around telling people the lake is about to close he doesn't give a damn if they poach or not

zenmic
04-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Is this "cement hole" Hansen dam?

HBAR
04-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes Zenmic it is, DFG did bust one of the "my friend" poachers that acts like he doesn't know he couldn't do that, like smoking. There is no smoking in any LA county park he's been told a bunch of times before, I've seen the lifeguards tell him and he argues with them, I've see the same guy argue with the warden that what he was doing was ok (three rods with 6 hooks on each line), he found out different when the warden handed him the ticket. Yesterday he was only fishing with two rods instead of three, but the jerk was still casting into the "RC boat" area only then walking back until the life guard saw him do it and told him that he couldn't cast into that area, his response was "oh I didn't know" it was funny at that point, life guard went over and pointed out the sign on the pole that he was resting his rods against that clearly stated no fishing over there!
The day before when they stocked my buddy was there and he tells me that the female life guard told them they would not be able to fish due to the fog! WTF! can't fish because of the fog, REALLY! man I wish I was there I would had gone off on her. Heck if we can launch boats at Castaic with heavy fog why can't we shore fish on a 9sq acre cement hole that's only 14' deep? Like I told my buddy, these power trip life guards are just mad cuz they didn't make the cut to "bay watch" :ROFL: They have it made at this place, sit around watch/hassle people tell them they can't fish in certain area's, hassle the guys in their float tubes/toon if they aren't wearing their PFD's and get paid for it. The life guard I was talking to yesterday said to me, man if only we could ticket people!

snakeplissken
04-02-2012, 03:02 PM
those baywatch rejects are on a power trip.i think fights would break out if they were allowed to ticket people.:ROFL:

HBAR
04-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh hey look plissken is still alive :ROFL: I guess you kept your mouth shut today?

adriiiian
04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
thats probably because all the trout are closer to the shore..........

HBAR
04-03-2012, 01:54 PM
no there was something else going on with plissken yesterday guess he kept his mouth shut :Slap:

snakeplissken
04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
yeah...i behaved,barely..............:Twisted:

HBAR
04-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Cement hole stocked today 300lbs so they say

Poseidon
04-13-2012, 09:59 PM
the Cement Hole is having an okay cat bite, few people are pulling out kitties, ive seen a 5lber pulled out

HBAR
04-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Well lets see if certain poachers show up to fish for cat's and keep them, I could care less for catfish