PDA

View Full Version : Finally success!!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-22-2012, 01:01 PM
went solo to the pudd.made my stop at the back of middle pier cove.what do i see carp bubbles everywere.grap my heavy action 8wt.indicator,8ft 6lb xxxizor leader.an altered #6 bait hook.thread 7 kernels of corn.roll cast to the bubbles.while rigging up my other 3 fly setups.i see my indicator start vibrating..put the other rod down carefully pick up the 8wt.the indicator makes a made dive set the hook and the fight is on.i could tell it wasnt over 15lb ,due to the fact i didnt get near ,taking me into the backing.after a good fight ,i turn him head first ,with the heavy action 8wt ,and land him in some shallow water flat,about 4"..there was no way to get a pic ,so i reached over and removed the hook ,with the needle nose.he turns sideways slides into the water safely.slowly swimming away..around 10lb .. of course im stoked to start my day off ,with my first freshwater bonefish in 3 weeks..check the rig put on 7 new kernels.roll cast.start working on my last setup ,and see a little twitch on the indicator, but i screwed up ,and the fish felt me shake the rod ,when i picked it up...recast 1 min later indicator twitchs ,and takes a dive,set the hook . this one is diffently bigger.the drag is screaming off my arbor reel.watching ,i see were getting close to going into the backing, which always test my nerves ,with one mistake ,and $50 in fly line is history.the fish stops right before going in the backing.i tighten up the drag ,and 5 min later, i have her in the same 4inchs of water.reach remove the hook ,and just like the other one slowly slides back into the water..she was a solid 15lb of pure fight.the lake looks like pea soup right know due to turning over.maybe will take some pressure off my spawning piggys this season........godbless ,and peaceout....MIKE THE PMB....

Carptain_Bao
03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Nice report and some good freshwater bonefish fight!

seal
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I might have to visit the dark side of fly fishing when the carp start flooding the shallows at Silverwood, sounds like too much fun!

TUNAVIC
03-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Way to go PMB,saw a nice one last week also on the east shore,the guys were throwing something that looked as big as tennis balls on spinning gear,whatever it was I'm assuming that once it got to the bottom it would dissolve and the bugle lips would be drawn in and they would eat it until hooked,what do you think?

Cya Tuna Vic

allIdoIsfish
03-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the report, I was there last week and snagged a 15lber on a lipless crank by accident. The boat next to me did the same, both were around 15lbs. They must be schooled up tight right now.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Way to go PMB,saw a nice one last week also on the east shore,the guys were throwing something that looked as big as tennis balls on spinning gear,whatever it was I'm assuming that once it got to the bottom it would dissolve and the bugle lips would be drawn in and they would eat it until hooked,what do you think?

Cya Tuna Vic yea those are the specielized carp guys.they cast multiple times ,with the bait coming off. its like legal chumming.i also saw some of those carp guys, with a giant surfrod ,with a hingned little buckett.they filled it with corn ,and when casted it hit the water then they would jerk on it, and release the corn.i guess its not chumming illegally.those guys are totally specialized,for carp..

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I might have to visit the dark side of fly fishing when the carp start flooding the shallows at Silverwood, sounds like too much fun! the funny thing is the corn doesnt come off when roll casted.but it does with spinning..if u decide to try it .i like a #6 bait hook.heat up the eyelet,squeeze it softly, and make it straight.when u tie on the hook leave a 1/2" tag,add another.piece of mono.leaving 2 more tags.slide 3 kernels above the hook,pushing the hook thru the top part of the kernel.when the corn slides down it covers the eyelet.add 3 more kernels on the hook the opposite way.that covers the eyelet also.theres nothing better than a 10lb plus fish on a fly rod.when i used my temple fork 5 wt.i was lucky it wasnt over 12lb.my 8wt is perfect in case the fish is over 15lb....im still stoked,about today....

Cowboy Hookup
03-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Great job! Thanks for the Pudd report.

BabyKiller
03-23-2012, 07:00 AM
neat. pmb catching dem fishees