PDA

View Full Version : diamond fish and some basic technique video for the shop

Matt_Magnone
03-21-2012, 11:59 PM
diamond fish have been on the chew lately. plenty of fish up on the banks as well as out to 40 foot +. typical pre-spawn fishing. find structure en route to a spawning location and you've found the fish. main, secondaries and then back into coves. the drop shot, c rig, texas and jig have all been working just so long as you fish with confidence. put your favorite bait on in your favorite color and you should do fine.

been on and off diamond the past month fishing between lake hodges, skinner and the river. i forgot how much fun it was to travel outside our little bubble here in hemet. hodges has been snappin, skinner is damn good and the river is.... the river :Twisted:

been a little slow on the video thing as these last few months have been hectic in the shop and my days off. here's the start of a basic video instruction thing i'm working on demonstrating the core techniques. after this is finished i'm going to tie into rigging and knot tying eventually working towards fishing shows more or less. it'll take time but i'll get there.

http://youtu.be/oEIEsfGUL9w

Sandman_Tracker
03-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the info....good luck on the videos and shows, look forward to viewing them.

bassoholic
03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
diamond fish have been on the chew lately. plenty of fish up on the banks as well as out to 40 foot +. typical pre-spawn fishing. find structure en route to a spawning location and you've found the fish. main, secondaries and then back into coves. the drop shot, c rig, texas and jig have all been working just so long as you fish with confidence. put your favorite bait on in your favorite color and you should do fine.

been on and off diamond the past month fishing between lake hodges, skinner and the river. i forgot how much fun it was to travel outside our little bubble here in hemet. hodges has been snappin, skinner is damn good and the river is.... the river :Twisted:

been a little slow on the video thing as these last few months have been hectic in the shop and my days off. here's the start of a basic video instruction thing i'm working on demonstrating the core techniques. after this is finished i'm going to tie into rigging and knot tying eventually working towards fishing shows more or less. it'll take time but i'll get there.

http://youtu.be/oEIEsfGUL9w

Cool video! I need a class on how to read the graph and depth finder. Put one of those on next! I sent you a PM.

HawgStalker
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanx for the report Matt!

I heard Hodges was crackin.....

Matt_Magnone
03-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanx for the report Matt!

I heard Hodges was crackin.....

yeah hodges is pretty wide right now. lots of different things you can do. been spending a lot of time down there since it opened. can't wait to get back down!

good kentucky
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Always enjoy your informative posts!! Hope to get out soon!

HawgZWylde
03-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks again for all the info you share. You are a good, unselfish man Matt. It's great to hear that Hodges is making a comeback. I haven't fished it in 20 years. I heard how bad things got there...

SOUTHPAWSTICK
03-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey Matt, Can you do one on the Drop Shot. I am a little confused on how to tie it. Thanks

Matt_Magnone
03-24-2012, 11:31 PM
no problem guys. i'll get crankin on the videos. ive been really busy at the shop lately with all the new stuff goin on. my fishing has sorta been put on hold until i make some headway. gonna head in a little early tomorrow to take some video.

i'll most definitely let you know when something new is up.

CL SmooV
03-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks MM.....Keep em comin'. I'll watch em all.

CL

NFCD I
03-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the help Matt. I tried your holding the line in my left hand while drop shotting this week. It worked just like you said it would. I fealt bites that I know I wouldn't have fealt otherwise. I look forward to your video on drop shotting. I'm pretty new at it, but getting better. Thanks Again.