Clarity: Pretty Clear, but the beach was filthy
Waves: 2ft 13
Tide: low 0326 0.5ft high 0927 4.9ft
Rod: Phenix XG3-Glass 7'9"
Reel: Daiwa Luna 253L
Lure: IMA Gyodo 110MD Sardine
Scent: Pro Cure Calico Cocktail

Quick Report

My girlfriend was awesome and surprised me with a new pair of waders, when she got back from Texas. I decided I wanted to test it out today, since the past few days hadn't been very good for fishing. I arrived at Santa Monica around 0615 and saw that the conditions weren't too bad. I strapped on my waders and hit the water. The waders were a new feeling, and I was enjoying staying dry. The boots on the other hand, I wasn't crazy about. I like the feeling of the sand, and the 3" soles pretty much made that impossible. The waves weren't bad, but as the day progressed they became the "Shoot up the front of your body" waves. The boots were pretty buoyant and very NON-aerodynamic and wanted to go wherever the waves did, causing me to do the splits a few times and almost knocking me over.

She measured 16.5"
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd173/Mr_Dunev/FISHING/photo-2.jpg

I fished around, and found a nice narrow hole where I got hit at 0700. It felt like a decent size and turned out to be my new PB Perch. I was pretty happy, to go to the same AO twice in a row, and land 3 15+ perch in an accumulated two-hours of fishing. Fished for another couple hours, with no more bites. Saw 4 other SurfFishers on the beach, stopped and talked to a couple but it didn't look like anyone was catching anything either.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd173/Mr_Dunev/FISHING/DSCF1116.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd173/Mr_Dunev/FISHING/DSCF1117.jpg

It was a beautiful (HOT) day, and I love the new waders. I am unsure about the boots, but I'll give them another chance in different conditions.

Best,
Lucas

SP Dan
03-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Hi ya Mr_Dunev,

Nice BSP! Congratulations on your new PB!
I can appreciate the pic of your new PB BSP, would liked to have seen a few more pic's of fish! :LOL:
I was glade to hear that you made it out to the salt today!

Thank you for the report with pic of fish! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

bones
03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Great job on the PIG PB perch Lucas. A 16 1/2 is definately a PB you will hold onto for a while. If you catch anything bigger you are going to be pushing the state record. Were you north or south? I'm kinda thinking north because I fished south late in the morning and I didn't see any other fisherman. Tons of weeds south for sure. You will get used to the waders as soon as it's board short weather....LOL
By the way......A girlfriend that buys you waders is cool but a girlfriend that buys you Simms Waders...... That's wife material !
Lifetime warrantee baby! That's a serious plus in the surf zone. I fish a Luna 253 L too.....Love the reel. Good old reliable. Just keep it out of the water as much as possible.

Which Way Out
03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Dude I thought that was Bear Grylls :ROFL: in the first photo........still laughing, Sorry

The 3 little pigs miss their mama for a few minutes while she did a photo session. That girl needs to go on Jenny Craig.
Thanks for the preview also.
WWO

PS Clean your wheels

sidified
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Your girlfriend bought you waders?? That's nearly as cool as your Mega Perch....

DockRat
03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Dude ! That thing is huge. :UDaMan::UDaMan::UDaMan:
If any FNNer ever landed one bigger, please mention it.
Congrats on the PIG.
Just hope you don't get sucked out in a riptide in those
waders when you get swamped.
PS, I like the rod, casts a country mile. Thnx.
If you wear shorts then you can work on your tan while you polish your wheels, Lol.
DR

Armofisher818
03-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Damn!!!!! Nice car

murrieta angler
03-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Damn, you are SEXY!!! :ROFL:

It was cool to hear that your GF bought you those waders Lucas.
I guess I'll just pass mine on to someone else one day.

That is a "HOG" of a BSP. It is going to be real hard to top that, but we all know you can do it..:Cool:
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

flashburn2020
03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Clean car. DIRTY WHEELS? Shame on you :Embarrassed:

reservoir dog
03-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Nice catch but I'd like to know how did you get that rod into your car?

rel
03-22-2012, 09:29 AM
nice fish. how do you get that rod in the car?

FishNFurious
03-22-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm..too sexy for my waders... :ROFL:

Nice perch dude, i haven't even broke the 14" mark yet. :Envious:

GhettoBasster
03-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Wow. Huge piggy! Great job. You're hilarious Lucas. Cold enough for waders, but too hot for a shirt? Oh, you've got a keeper girl. My wife is the opposite. She tries to break my fishing stuff so I can't go as often. Kinda like the wives in the Ugly Stik ads.

Mr_Dunev
03-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi ya Mr_Dunev,

Nice BSP! Congratulations on your new PB!
I can appreciate the pic of your new PB BSP, would liked to have seen a few more pic's of fish! :LOL:
I was glade to hear that you made it out to the salt today!

Thank you for the report with pic of fish! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Thanks Dan,

I would have liked to have seen more fish too, but I'm not complaining. Lets hope I don't get swallowed by the ocean anytime soon, it would put a definitely put a damper on my plans!

Best,
Lucas

Great job on the PIG PB perch Lucas. A 16 1/2 is definately a PB you will hold onto for a while. If you catch anything bigger you are going to be pushing the state record. Were you north or south? I'm kinda thinking north because I fished south late in the morning and I didn't see any other fisherman. Tons of weeds south for sure. You will get used to the waders as soon as it's board short weather....LOL
By the way......A girlfriend that buys you waders is cool but a girlfriend that buys you Simms Waders...... That's wife material !
Lifetime warrantee baby! That's a serious plus in the surf zone. I fish a Luna 253 L too.....Love the reel. Good old reliable. Just keep it out of the water as much as possible.

Thanks Bones,

It was kind of south, do you remember the first place I met you, you showed me your ultra-mini perch LC haha. It is in that general area. And yes she IS a keeper, we've almost been together 2 1/2yrs which is also a state record (for me) haha. I think now with the waders, I wont be going as far out as with the wetsuit, which should keep my reel dryer then past occasions.

best,
Lucas

Dude I thought that was Bear Grylls :ROFL: in the first photo........still laughing, Sorry

The 3 little pigs miss their mama for a few minutes while she did a photo session. That girl needs to go on Jenny Craig.
Thanks for the preview also.
WWO

PS Clean your wheels

Haha Bear.....

Tune in next week, where I show you how to escape.......THE SURF!!!! haha, hurry up and come down south, its too cold to fish up north! Not to mention all those rats you have :LOL:

best,
Lucas

Your girlfriend bought you waders?? That's nearly as cool as your Mega Perch....

I think they are a better than the perch :Envious: (she reads this forum, if I say anything else she'll take them away!!)

Dude ! That thing is huge. :UDaMan::UDaMan::UDaMan:
If any FNNer ever landed one bigger, please mention it.
Congrats on the PIG.
Just hope you don't get sucked out in a riptide in those
waders when you get swamped.
PS, I like the rod, casts a country mile. Thnx.
If you wear shorts then you can work on your tan while you polish your wheels, Lol.
DR

DR,

Glad you like your rod, when I get a casting rod again, it is at the top of my list. As for bigger perch, I have heard of people catching 17"ers, I just cant remember if I have seen a picture of one.

best,
Lucas

Damn, you are SEXY!!! :ROFL:

It was cool to hear that your GF bought you those waders Lucas.
I guess I'll just pass mine on to someone else one day.

That is a "HOG" of a BSP. It is going to be real hard to top that, but we all know you can do it..:Cool:
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

I appreciate the offer on the waders, I am sure you will find a good home for them, I'll do my best to hit the 17" mark, I cant wait to break the state record :Big Grin:

best,
Lucas

Clean car. DIRTY WHEELS? Shame on you :Embarrassed:

The picture is deceiving, my car is just as dirty as the wheels! :LOL:

Nice catch but I'd like to know how did you get that rod into your car?

nice fish. how do you get that rod in the car?

I have my back seats down. So its in the trunk all the was to my windshield :Embarrassed:

I'm..too sexy for my waders... :ROFL:

Nice perch dude, i haven't even broke the 14" mark yet. :Envious:

I'm sure you will, I just broke that mark last week. For the next month or 2 all the pregnant piggys are out.
Good luck,
Lucas

Wow. Huge piggy! Great job. You're hilarious Lucas. Cold enough for waders, but too hot for a shirt? Oh, you've got a keeper girl. My wife is the opposite. She tries to break my fishing stuff so I can't go as often. Kinda like the wives in the Ugly Stik ads.

I was wearing a shirt, jacket and sweatpants originally. i didn't realize i was going to cook like an oven! Now I know better hahaha. If i were you I wold get a lock for your fishing gear :Big Grin:

Good luck, and protect your merchandise!

Lucas

BabyKiller
03-23-2012, 07:02 AM
wowza, that fish must felt like you hooked a dope halibut for sure. oh wait, it is just a >2lb perch. firckin awesome!

keepemlo
03-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Dunev,,man you look different in those waders ,,I know you like the freedom of the suit,,it takes a little getting used to,nice pigzilla!!your knocking on the state record door,,thanks for the report,,lotsofbites