PDA

View Full Version : The Pudd 3/21 today.

old pudd fisher
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Very short post and only did a little fishing there today. I went to the sail boat cove with my wife for a picnic lunch and set up our rods baited with red worms. As we were eating her pole bends and she hooked a small gill, then I got a nice bite but no fish on. A little while latter she hooks one more gill :Embarrassed:. Well she out fished me again...Nothing new it happens all the time, we had a good time on the lake.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
sorry we missed u there today we stayed at the burnt pier area.had limited success but was ok.see u soon..

white belt
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Always love the pudd reports. Thanks for sharing.

TUNAVIC
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Cool,great that your wife enjoys your obsession,I fished Legg Lake today for 1.5hrs,got one dink,slow dirty water.

Cya Tuna Vic

Natural Lefty
03-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Hello Pudd Fisher. Sailboat Cove is really packed with the little critters.

I went there last Thursday afternoon and caught the largest Crappie I saw and the largest Bluegill. I guess I was lucky. Nothing very big was caught, but my Crappie was a little over 10 inches and weighed 11 oz, while the Bluegill was 8 1/2 inches and 8 oz. I caught 3 other smaller Bluegills but no Redears surprisingly. I saw lots of other small to medium size Bluegills and Redears, more Bluegills than Redears. It seems Puddingstone has more Bluegills and not quite as man Redears as it used to have. I saw 3 other Crappies, smaller than mine. I saw Steve there; I think he is Tunagod's dad. He came and fished on a little dock next to me and did his thing catching lots of panfish. I would have caught a lot more I think, but I kept trying to catch more Crappies. All the fish I caught were on homegrown worms, and I got nothing on jigs or power worms.

Of course, when I logged on to do a report at this site, this site wasn't here.

old pudd fisher
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the replys , I might be fishing the Perris boat docks Friday with meal worms, if I go I'll shoot a small report.

The Fishing Queen
03-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Fished at east shore for a while, two people caught trout, four people got some bluegills and redears and I got skunked. Nice to read a report about sailboat cove.

Natural Lefty
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Fished at east shore for a while, two people caught trout, four people got some bluegills and redears and I got skunked. Nice to read a report about sailboat cove.

Thanks for your reports, Fishing Queen, Vivid Fly, Pudd Fisher, Pudd Master Baiter, and others. Because of those I knew the fishing had turned on at Sailboat Cove before the east side, so I knew where to go. It was crowded with fisherpeople but it was packed with fish, too. I usually fish the fishing piers on the east side, but this time of year, the fishing is wildly unpredictable over there -- either bunches of fish or very few.

By the way, I have an old book that shows a fishing pier in a cove near the dam. Does anybody know if that is still there, or how to get there?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks for your reports, Fishing Queen, Vivid Fly, Pudd Fisher, Pudd Master Baiter, and others. Because of those I knew the fishing had turned on at Sailboat Cove before the east side, so I knew where to go. It was crowded with fisherpeople but it was packed with fish, too. I usually fish the fishing piers on the east side, but this time of year, the fishing is wildly unpredictable over there -- either bunches of fish or very few.

By the way, I have an old book that shows a fishing pier in a cove near the dam. Does anybody know if that is still there, or how to get there? yea thats picnic island area.the staff first made it impossible to park last year above that area,then to make things worst,sealed up any walk in access.the fence had a big gap, for years.they havent said its off limits,no signs posted, but they made sure its hard to get into.that use to be the only developed area back in the 60s.before they made the dam thing into a park.the main dam use to be the swim beach.just put ur towel on the dam,jump in the water.also had a floating diving board..old pudd fisher, has some awsome pictures,hes posted b-4.maybe he can post them again.theres no way to charge people ,and the fricken dam keeper have alot to do with the BS.due to little ,or no panfishing pressure,the place has big pan fish.the last time i fished it a couple of years ago .i caught magnum red ears every cast.on my 3wt.using life like cricketflys for an indicator ,and a hares ear dropper.

allIdoIsfish
03-22-2012, 02:10 PM

By the way, I have an old book that shows a fishing pier in a cove near the dam. Does anybody know if that is still there, or how to get there?

On my topo is shows a pier where the lifeguard house is now. Is that the pier you speak of?

old pudd fisher
03-22-2012, 02:36 PM
If I remember correctly that area is where the boat rental dock used to be in the 60's, in the cove near the west dam but not sure.

Rhernandez94
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Yea Picnic island is off limits now, L.A County Public Works has claimed it as flood control and Dosent want anyone over there. My friend works for them and that what he told me.

Natural Lefty
03-23-2012, 12:13 PM
It looks like I missed out on fishing at that pier near the dam. What a shame!

allIdoIsfish
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
If I remember correctly that area is where the boat rental dock used to be in the 60's, in the cove near the west dam but not sure.

ahh yes you are right. i took a closer look at my topo and it was a boat dock