PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Stocking ???

denthedad59
03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Does anybody know if they stocked Apollo this week??

DaWookie
03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Im not sure. My roommate and I were wondering but theres nothing listed on the DFG site anymore about htem stocking there.

Uneekguy27
03-23-2012, 01:20 PM
yes as a matter of fact the 3 ponds were stocked Tuesday afternoon. The Planting wasn't from the Calaveras farm though because are rather smaller than normal. was out there this morning for about an hour n a half but due to me leavin' my license at home i had to cut the trip short. will be back out later this afternoon for the bite then.

Good Luck

denthedad59
03-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks Uneekguy27, Me and the daughter fished there on Friday and had a really good day. Caught one nice horse, the rest were all decent size. Bigger than the DFG planter fish I've seen lately. You gotta be careful out there, make sure you have your license. They had three sheriff cars patrolling on Friday asking for licenses Were you there when they stocked?? One of the locals told me it gets crazy when the stocking trucks come so they have a stepped up sheriff's presence. I don't know if that's true or not. I've only witness one stocking in my life and that was at Piru several years ago. Those fish were so stressed they wouldn't bite on anything...it didn't stop about twenty guys from lining up shoulder to shoulder throwing every kinda lure and bait you could think of. What a mess...tangled lines everywhere. I just kept my distance from the mayhem. Maybe I'll see ya out there sometime. Me and the daughter usually fish on Friday mornings.