PDA

View Full Version : LAKE MATHEWS: Jeffries scuttles bill to allow public access *Sigh*

carpanglerdude
03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Looks like the only reports we will have from Matthews is ninja reports. Sorry anglers, Big Brother prefers you to stay at Fairmount:

LAKE MATHEWS: Jeffries scuttles bill to allow public access (http://www.pe.com/local-news/politics/jeff-horseman-headlines/20120320-lake-mathews-jeffries-scuttles-bill-to-allow-public-access.ece)

bassgrabber1
03-21-2012, 08:07 AM
I knew that it wouldn't pass. The amount of money that it would need to make it public access is to much. The launch ramp is tiny.

DarkShadow
03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Jeffries, R-Lake Elsinore, said the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, which owns the reservoir, has agreements with other agencies that prohibit public access. The pacts are “basically bulletproof,” according to state Legislature consultants who analyzed the bill, Jeffries said.

So, you had consultants advising you that these pacts were "basically bulletproof" and you went ahead and introduced the bill anyway?

Good Job, Representative Jeffries. I'm sure you're making your constituents from Lake Elsinore proud by wasting their time and money introducing bills that have a snowball's chance in hell.

Which Way Out
03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
I knew that it wouldn't pass. The amount of money that it would need to make it public access is to much. The launch ramp is tiny.

True that.
Late Ninja report from 1978 Nothing smaller than 2 1/2 lb Crappie on every cast. Bass were in the 3lb range. Catfish somewhere around 8 to 10 lb.
Actually I think the fishing is better at lakes where the fish population gets thinned out a little. To many fish and not enough food source will keep fish from getting big. IMHO

WWO

Rabbito
03-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Some of the comments on that site are lame. People dont seem to realize that most drinking water comes from lakes and rivers where boating and fishing are allowed.

Water treatment facilities work, and have for decades. The argument that they want to keep the water clean is completely insane.

smokehound
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Some of the comments on that site are lame. People dont seem to realize that most drinking water comes from lakes and rivers where boating and fishing are allowed.

Water treatment facilities work, and have for decades. The argument that they want to keep the water clean is completely insane.Haha yeah, that comment that Matthews supplies the majority of water to orange county was really stupid. another one claimed Sensitive habitat? LOL. Yeah, right. So all that bulldozing they do around the shore is for the benefit of shore-nesting birds? :LOL: