PDA

View Full Version : Not a report yet... heading to Alaska in June, tips??

BiGPaC
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone,

Heading to Sterling, AK (just outside of Soldotna) during second week of June.

Never been to Alaska and I am supper excited.

Anyone have any tips or advise on any specific trips we should take.

We are already currently booking a 6 pak halibut trip and a float trip for either native rainbows or salmon.

Thanks,

Jason

IncredibleHuck
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Shoot me a PM with your email address. I'll go over some good info for you when we stayed in the same area.

Big Daddy
03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Hello everyone,

Heading to Sterling, AK (just outside of Soldotna) during second week of June.

Never been to Alaska and I am supper excited.

Anyone have any tips or advise on any specific trips we should take.

We are already currently booking a 6 pak halibut trip and a float trip for either native rainbows or salmon.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason I have been there 10 or more times if you still have my # give me a call I will give you some info and a friend of mine is a Guide for Hali's and salmon in the salt. My biggest Hali is 200#'s on his boat and my biggest King is 67# I have released many in the 50# range ( I usually rent a boat while I am thereand do the self guided thing) Our package was from seattle and would run about $2400.00 for ten days. Airfare, lodging, food, hali trip and boat rental for the 10 days. Call me or PM. I am going to see about setting something up maybe the end of July. This is when I usually go.

See Ya
Big Daddy

BiGPaC
03-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Incredible, sent you a pm.

BD, thanks for the response. I will give you a call soon. I still have your number.

I am incredibly fortunate enough that I will have all of our airfare and lodging covered. All we need to worry about is a rental car and setting up our trips.

Jason

DocSpotty
03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Jason....I know some excellent guides and some areas to fish....I live here.....sent you a PM.

Brian

Ifishtoolittle
03-22-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm sure the shallow water rockfishing has to be amazing up there. Why not bring a bass set-up and a few swimmies?