PDA

View Full Version : I just couldn't stand it

plumbertom
03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
any longer. I had to get out for a bit. So this afternoon I tossed my yak into the back of my truck and ran down to our little local lake that I've been walking around every day.
Not very big the walking trail is 1.1 mile. I Found out today it's not very deep either, according to my fish finder. Deepest parts I could find were ten feet.
I've been seeing a few people fishing it while on my daily walk and a couple days ago I saw one guy catch a 2 lb largemouth. I've also noticed a couple of regulars that fish for carp.
Anyway I wanted to check the mew sculper plugs I got for the Yak so....
I paddled around the lake twice dragging a while Grub on a lead head and picked up Two just short LMB. While tossing the same grub at some downed trees I missed a couple of strikes also.
After twice around the lake I dropped anchor out in the middle next to some kinda device that looks like a floating level limiter type drain plug where I metered some fish and tossed out a bit of that free catfish bait I got from somewhere.
Treated chicken liver. No takers after about a half hour so I packed it in.

Ifishtoolittle
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
This place sounds like it costs 10 bucks to get in and is a lake that requires a lot of hours to be put in. Anyways, sounds like you had a pleasant day out even if it was short on fish.

plumbertom
03-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Nope, Atascadero's little lake is free to launch, just no motors. But like I said it's not much of a lake (the trail I walk around it daily is 1.1 mile) and it's ignored by DFG for fish plants.