PDA

View Full Version : What's your fav Flip/Pitch reel?

P.A.W.
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Like the post says looking for rec on flip/pitch reel. Maybe I just suck but my Revo STX and Currado just don't seem too adept at this techique. So what are you using?

DarkShadow
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Core50MG7, Conquest100, MG7...

Anything that gets the spool spinning quickly.

Pitching is one of my favorite techniques. You can hammer the strike zone consistently and quickly, while avoiding water that doesn't have a high probability of holding fish. I do like having a 7.0:1 gear ratio though, for getting the bait in quickly.

P.A.W.
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Well I guess I should expect nothing less than a $365 reel recomendation from a tackle whore like yourself. :Envious: Just when I was ready to pop for a 400E too. I was hoping someone might have a line on a great unexpected 50 series that runs $180 or so. Really, thanks for the input DS.

DarkShadow
03-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Well I guess I should expect nothing less than a $365 reel recomendation from a tackle whore like yourself. :Envious: Just when I was ready to pop for a 400E too. I was hoping someone might have a line on a great unexpected 50 series that runs $180 or so. Really, thanks for the input DS.

:-D

Glad I could be of service.

I guess you could "super tune" the crap out of a Curado 50E I guess. ABEC 9s all around, throw in an Avail Microcast Spool ALD0929, which of course, means you have to throw in the aftermarket Avail magnet brake SHSC-05A to go with it. That'll get your spool spinning faster, but at that rate, you might as well have bought the Core50MG7. If you were lucky to nab a Curado 50E when they were about $100 on sale, I *guess* the upgrades would not be that off from your budget of $180.

Or, you can get the 32 mm Yumeya BFS ultra light finesse system spool that'll fit the Curado 50E form factor. No need to get a separate brake to go with it.

Dr. MindBendo
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool. Comes in different retrieve rates to fit your needs. Best bang for your buck. Spool's light enough to handle light weight lures as well.