PDA

View Full Version : Alondra Park... No love today 3/19

Slick Rick
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Time: 5:00 - 7:30pm
Air Temp: Mid 50's to Low 60's
Wind: 5-10mph
Scattered clouds, mostly clear.

Decided that today was as good a day as any to try for some bass. I've been sick and with crappy weather coming and going I figured today might be one of the only half way decent days till next week to get some fishing in.

Started off working plastics on the texas rig and it didn't take long to get my first hit. The bite came a bit unexpected and I missed my chance to set the hook. I tried for a while longer but that fish wasn't going to give me a second chance.

I walked the whole lake twice and tossed the tackle box at em' for only a few short bites on the one texas rig in a watermelon/red flake color.

I saw a couple decent fish caught. All on slowwww finesse presentations.

Nothing special, but with all the lost information from the sites crash, at least this is current info for the boards.

Till next time,
Rick

ETA: Went back to Alonda last night with a buddy from work... He caught 1 bass on 2lb. test and about 20 trout. We where told the truck had just stocked trout before we arrived. All C&R. IT was a funn afternoon.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7116/bassz.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/bassz.jpg/)

oldfishguy
03-25-2012, 09:13 PM
alondra has been ethier really good and at same time really bad seen lots of nice fish going home with people pleaser let the big ones go if your going to takie a bass take a smaller one this is a good lake with lots of promise but not if people dont stop screwing things up

dfisher
03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
alondra has been ethier really good and at same time really bad seen lots of nice fish going home with people pleaser let the big ones go if your going to takie a bass take a smaller one this is a good lake with lots of promise but not if people dont stop screwing things up

this pond has no promise, the bass have been decreasing every year here.

Slick Rick
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I have seen dozens of bass caught and released just in the last week... and the majority of the anglers there SEEM like the C&R type of crowd. If fact, aside from the day the trout was stocked, I havent seen any bait fisherman there.

Sucks to see these city parks getting worse and worse every year.

I'm splitting my time between Alondra and El Dorado... if anybody wants to fish, shoot me a pm.

-Rick

oldfishguy
03-26-2012, 11:45 PM
dfisher i disagree this pond has way bigger fish than any other park lake ive ever been to there are some big fish in there if you know of a park lake that has bigger fish on the average please let me know or even better take me there.ill drive.

Rod Wynn
03-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the dates on these trout plants?
Wanna go chuck some swimmers right after the stock..

Slick Rick
03-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the dates on these trout plants?
Wanna go chuck some swimmers right after the stock..

Well... This is just a guess... but since they stocked on the 22nd, I'd say the next one is on the 5th of April.

There was a few guys tossing hudds and the like during the last plant, and the ones I talked to did get some followers, but no takers.

ETA: The stock dates are on the DFG Website, However, the plant that happened last week wasn't even on the schedule. Go figure.
http://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/fishplants/

Rod Wynn
03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Cool..

Thanks!

bman90278
03-27-2012, 09:01 PM
I have seen dozens of bass caught and released just in the last week... and the majority of the anglers there SEEM like the C&R type of crowd. If fact, aside from the day the trout was stocked, I havent seen any bait fisherman there.

Sucks to see these city parks getting worse and worse every year.

I'm splitting my time between Alondra and El Dorado... if anybody wants to fish, shoot me a pm.

-Rick

Yes there are a lot of C&R guys, but Alondra has always had lots of bass bucket catchers for years and has picked up many new ones recently. Rule of thumb, most of the catfisherman at Alondra keep whatever bites their hook.

b

Ifishtoolittle
03-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Rule of thumb, most of the catfisherman at Alondra keep whatever bites their hook.

b

That happens at almost every city park lake, but I've seen some guys who fish for the sport of catfishing. A few months ago I saw an angler land a 8lb fat cat and released it after a few pics.

bman90278
03-28-2012, 04:46 AM
That happens at almost every city park lake, but I've seen some guys who fish for the sport of catfishing. A few months ago I saw an angler land a 8lb fat cat and released it after a few pics.

Because it was a bass c&r guy!
Believe me, when it gets warmer out more and more catfisherman will be back and you'll be amazed how many bass go home. Just last month I saw a couple females full of eggs go home for dinner. There was no talking the guys out of it.

-b

ushone
03-29-2012, 04:48 PM
lol to be honest...the last almost 2 years that ive been hitting the lake, every time someone takes one they get hassled pretty hardcore and the funny part is i can honestly say for every bass ive seen taken their was one replaced by some random guy dumping one in he caught from somewhere else. Even remember one time just as it was getting dark some guy came running up with a bucket and dumped like 4 bass into the lake and ran back and took off.

sandtrout
03-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Last year I was at Alondra working bass and was leaving around 5pm. At the trees this guy was fishing for cats. I asked him if he had any action. He said, "No...just these." He spoke with a heavy English accent. He had 4 catfish on a line. He asked, "Are these edible?" I said, "What...those catfish?" He said, "Is that what they're called?" I said, "Yeah...what are YOU fishing for?" He said, "CARP!" I said, "Carp? Why?" He said, "That's a big deal in England with tournaments and all...I'm here on vacation and had to get at least some fishing time in." I asked, "What do you do with them after you catch them?" He said, "Well, eat them of course...don't you?" I said, "Well, we use a cedar plank, oil it up with olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic salt on top of the oil, lay down a bed of sliced onions and garlic bits, put the carp on it and bake for 30 minutes. When it's done, we toss the carp and eat the plank!" He said in all seriousness, "You're joking, right?"

I've watched people fish all day and not get a bite and here he is with a 6' rod and he got 4 in 2 hours.

Carptain_Bao
03-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Last year I was at Alondra working bass and was leaving around 5pm. At the trees this guy was fishing for cats. I asked him if he had any action. He said, "No...just these." He spoke with a heavy English accent. He had 4 catfish on a line. He asked, "Are these edible?" I said, "What...those catfish?" He said, "Is that what they're called?" I said, "Yeah...what are YOU fishing for?" He said, "CARP!" I said, "Carp? Why?" He said, "That's a big deal in England with tournaments and all...I'm here on vacation and had to get at least some fishing time in." I asked, "What do you do with them after you catch them?" He said, "Well, eat them of course...don't you?" I said, "Well, we use a cedar plank, oil it up with olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic salt on top of the oil, lay down a bed of sliced onions and garlic bits, put the carp on it and bake for 30 minutes. When it's done, we toss the carp and eat the plank!" He said in all seriousness, "You're joking, right?"

I've watched people fish all day and not get a bite and here he is with a 6' rod and he got 4 in 2 hours.

LMAO,carp fishin is so popular in Europe,but in the US,they are just like junk fish. You taught that British guy a good lesson!

Slick Rick
03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
I went back last night... my buddy landed a 2lber after sunset.

I got one hit on the jig... and did one of those babe ruth hook sets and almost took my eye out when I missed the bass. lol

All in fun... talked to some of the regulars. Cool people.

-Rick

bman90278
03-31-2012, 05:24 AM
lol to be honest...the last almost 2 years that ive been hitting the lake, every time someone takes one they get hassled pretty hardcore and the funny part is i can honestly say for every bass ive seen taken their was one replaced by some random guy dumping one in he caught from somewhere else. Even remember one time just as it was getting dark some guy came running up with a bucket and dumped like 4 bass into the lake and ran back and took off.

Really? Every time? LMAO I've been going to Alondra since 2007 and have never seen one bass put in the lake with my own eyes. Come on, u r saying every bass that leaves the lake is basically restocked by someone else? That's a total reach.
I've heard stories and believe its happened before but I've never seen it happen. I've talked to a few reliable sources saying they used to dump bass at Alondra but they all say they haven't been doing it anymore.

As far as people harassing people keeping bass, that's not cool. I've talked to many people and told them the bass aren't stocked and the DFG tested the water for 3 years and showed very bad health reports. I've even been told by several catfisherman recently they never keep bass, but I've seen bass on their stringers.

-b

ushone
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Did i say all of em? Just a count for the ones ive seen leave(all of maybe 5 bass), ive seen guys run up with coolers and buckets at night and dump bass. Besides that you question and laugh at what i say, but then go onto say youself the same thing that you have heard and talk to people who have done so, but laugh at what i said like im crazy? You must of missed the fine print where i said for every bass IVE SEEN TAKEN, not all the bass that get taken.

Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behaviour which is found threatening or disturbing

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hassle

close, but different

bman90278
04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Did i say all of em? Just a count for the ones ive seen leave(all of maybe 5 bass), ive seen guys run up with coolers and buckets at night and dump bass. Besides that you question and laugh at what i say, but then go onto say youself the same thing that you have heard and talk to people who have done so, but laugh at what i said like im crazy? You must of missed the fine print where i said for every bass IVE SEEN TAKEN, not all the bass that get taken.

Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behaviour which is found threatening or disturbing

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hassle

close, but different

It's all good. I didn't realize u had seen so few lmb go home. U r lucky only seeing a small amount of bass go home. In just a few hours during a Xmas break day, I saw at least 5 lmb on stringers.