PDA

View Full Version : Lower Lake float tube derby at Castaic

Topwater Terry
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Good to see the site back up, everything gone since November, that's tuff! Well then, lemme put out the reminder again about the lagoon float tube derby, April 14th and June 2nd. Info and entry forms can be found at castaiclake.com, should be lots o' fun as always!! Just a nice friendly reminder too about the clean and dry issue. We are not as boneheaded as the Casitas folks, we have a very common sense inspection at Castaic. Fact is, if you pre fish the day before, you aint gonna be clean and dry by the next morning and since we launch at a slightly different location for the derby, be sure to bring your parking tag or some other evidence you were at the lake the day before the derby. So, if ya still got wetness, who cares, you are good to go! Any questions, ask away please!!

LGHT
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
what's the payout?

Topwater Terry
03-20-2012, 10:35 PM
$10 goes to a big fish, three way payout. The rest goes to the Friends of Castaic Lake, to support the many programs such as Jr Lifeguards, and many other projects at the lake. The guys don't come out for the payout, in fact, in all my years of running this event, you are the first one to ask this question. It is a fair question, but it is just the first time I have heard it. We give away tons of product from our sponsors, as well as plaques for 1-5th place, and top three big fish. We also have a free bbq afterwards. If ya want a payout, check out the tourney at the upper lake the same day which cost $155 for a team to enter. We have an excellent core of guys who fish these tube events every year that aint in it for money.

As of right now, we have support from Sport Chalet, Peregrine 250 boat wax, Western outdoor news (Rich Tauber), Don Iovino, Dobyns Rods, JT tackle, Chad at Tackle express, and Team Davies tackle company, along with several other potential sponsors who might be helping out.

keepemlo
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I'll be sure to have a try..I love the lake and I know how hard you guys work to keep it clean ,,count me in

10 plus
03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm in sounds like a great event

HBAR
03-27-2012, 01:13 PM

Here's the flyer if anyone wants some basic info

Topwater Terry
04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
A quick reminder, it may rain on derby day, your tube must, I say must, be dry that morning or you won't be fishing. I got word from the lake brass that you should keep your tube in your vehicle and will have it inspected at parking lot 5, the usual parking place for the derby. If you need to bring it out deflated to make sure it is dry and not riding in the back of your truck, do it. We will delay the start of the derby if you need to inflate it.

Sorry for the inconvience, don't shoot the messenger...
Lemme know if ya have any questions...
Terry

Topwater Terry
04-09-2012, 11:39 AM
one more thing, if you fish the day before the derby, keep your inspection receipt and show it sat. morning in the parking lot when inspections are going on, and you are good to go...