PDA

View Full Version : Sarl 3/16 with Lucky jr and the Bro w pics

Mr T-rex
03-19-2012, 12:26 PM
We decided to take the day off work and fish for these lightning trout since they were only gonna be stocked once this season. Met up at the lake at 5am and we were inside by 6am. Headed to one of our favorite spots which seems to be taken everytime now so we have to fish a couple feet away from it which is still a good spot but not as good. in the water by 6:10am with pink and white mice tails and spring green powerbait the day was gloomy and a bit of sprinkles were falling so we were hoping for a good bite . by 6:30 boom lucky is on a nice and i mean nice lightning trout . maybe 2lbs the color on it was beautiful he caught it on a green nimph carolina rigged. It was back to back action on mice tails and the green nimph set up. I managed to hook up on a nice tailwalker which i thought was a "T-rex 8lb special" haha but it wasnt :mad:.. it was a nice 4lb tailwalker that gave me a fight of a 10lber i also caught it on a green nimph, video is on youtube and should be uploaded later on this week.. We decided to move because the bite died down for a while that was the WORST thing that we coulve done what a waste of time . People i recommend you do not move from a good spot trust me . We didnt like the spot that we were at so we went back lol and caught 3 more fish 2 lightning and 1 bow..I ended the day with 4 fish in my basket 3 sierrabows and a tailwalker i didnt get to land a lightning trout /;. Lucky ended the day with his limit 4 lightning trout and 1 sierrabow all quality trout they were all caught on pink & white mice tails and green nimph carolina rigged.

Luckys limit he only has 4 because he gave me one of his lightning trout haha "Thanks for showing up to the party bro"
http://i.imgur.com/3DBDt.jpg

This is me all smiles with this 4lb tailwalker
http://i.imgur.com/jP04Z.jpg

http://youtu.be/wCropBpGlEM

white belt
03-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Nice work as always!

Mr T-rex
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Lol thanks boss

OC ANGLER
03-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Nice T ! Me and a couple buddies were there also back in Chris's Pond. ended the day with a limit of tailwalkers . 3x2lb 1x3.3lb & 1x4.5lb

stressD
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
nice catch
I don't fish for trouts so I was wondering, are the two light colored ones albinos and are they common?

Mr T-rex
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Nice T ! Me and a couple buddies were there also back in Chris's Pond. ended the day with a limit of tailwalkers . 3x2lb 1x3.3lb & 1x4.5lb

Thats good to hear, those tailwalkers give you a fight for your money hahah.. We were thinking about going to chris pond also but it was packed

Mr T-rex
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
nice catch
I don't fish for trouts so I was wondering, are the two light colored ones albinos and are they common?

No they are called lightning trout probably the most beautiful fresh water fish

Carptain_Bao
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I wasn't far away from u T-Rex,I was there with my dad.We landed four,two bows and two tail walkers.Total is about ten pounds,my dad landed a four pounder too.
Anyway good job out there!
Btw we didn't land any lightning trout either:(

Mr T-rex
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
I wasn't far away from u T-Rex,I was there with my dad.We landed four,two bows and two tail walkers.Total is about ten pounds,my dad landed a four pounder too.
Anyway good job out there!
Btw we didn't land any lightning trout either:(

Where exactly were you fishing at ?? good job on the 4lber
Yeah it sucks not catching a lightning trout , im going this weekend so hopefully there is some holdovers

Carptain_Bao
03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Where exactly were you fishing at ?? good job on the 4lber
Yeah it sucks not catching a lightning trout , im going this weekend so hopefully there is some holdovers
I was on the right side of the little cove where you took that photo near the latrine. We were driving a chevy malibu if you remembered.

Mr T-rex
03-20-2012, 01:45 PM
I was on the right side of the little cove where you took that photo near the latrine. We were driving a chevy malibu if you remembered.

No i dont remember .. Stop by next time bro im usually always there

Carptain_Bao
03-20-2012, 01:49 PM
No i dont remember .. Stop by next time bro im usually always there

Sure I will.Hopefully I will see u guys around there! Good luck this weekend!!!

Mr T-rex
03-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Sure I will.Hopefully I will see u guys around there! Good luck this weekend!!!

Thank you .. im pretty sure ill be there if people dont start taking it haha

CATCHORBUST
04-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey Mr T and Stro ....How were you guys rigged at SARL? i usually fish corona . tomorrow will be my fist time at SARL with my younger brother in law. i really hope to show him a good time. any advice you can give me??Leader,Colors...anything that would help.. i rather fish from shore but im down to get a boat to hit a good spot. thanks guys ...if i see you out there ill buy you guys a beer. Ill be in a big lifted chevy. thanks in advance guys!

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Sorry for the late response !! but i use a carolina rig with 2lb test and 1/8 ounce weight and about a 8 to 12inch leader
Colors green,red white & blue,pink those are usually my go to colors also try some mice tails
Good luck out there

EndlessSeason
04-16-2012, 09:27 AM
nice job! Send me some pics

Mr T-rex
04-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Ok let me look for some