PDA

View Full Version : Wingnut....or jeff????

Pete Marino
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi guys,

can you elaborate some on the crash?? Was the site hacked and is there cause for some concern of our private info being obtained?? Inquiring minds definetly need to know...

Thanks

Pete

Wingnut
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Pete, Jeff is working feverishly to restore order. Give it some time, everything will be back to normal shortly. :Wink:
What I know is that the site crashed and some data was lost. :Neutral:
You can shoot Jeff a PM directly and he will answer any specific questions that you may have. :Cool:

Armofisher818
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
I guess since I was here after November my account got deleted too lol had to make a new one

seal
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
I think a public FNN disclosure of what happened is proper. If no personal info was hacked then say it, if it is possible our info was stolen then say that, the members of this site have a right to know that and everybody having to PM Jeff to find that out is not a good resolution.

Wingnut
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I think a public FNN disclosure of what happened is proper. If no personal info was hacked then say it, if it is possible our info was stolen then say that, the members of this site have a right to know that and everybody having to PM Jeff to find that out is not a good resolution.

I was assured that no personal info. was compromised. Jeff is aware of your concern and will address it shortly. :Cool:

blackwater
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
What private information are we talking about? Does FNN have your social security number? Your home address? Your driver's license? Any of your credit card numbers?

Uh oh, they do have your DOB. Protect your own computers people. :Wink:

seal
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I was assured that no personal info. was compromised. Jeff is aware of your concern and will address it shortly. :Cool:

Thank you! The lack of answer to Pete's question initally had me a little concerned, I appreciate the clarification.

seal
03-19-2012, 12:31 PM
What private information are we talking about? Does FNN have your social security number? Your home address? Your driver's license? Any of your credit card numbers?

Being paranoid in this day and age in computer/Internet use is not a crime. From other postings on this site it sounds like many had virus warnings when logging on to FNN, so yes you are correct no banking info or SS#'s could have been hacked but to think that it's just as easy as "protect your own computer" is kind of naiive. Protection is only as good as the resource you are using and even with Norton running I had a few issues that I just cleaned up on my PC.

Hitts0n
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM

LMAO!!!! Exactly what I was thinking....its really not that serious......smh

stressD
03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
might be a coincidence but right before the crash some dude started multiple threads on pretty much all of the forum rooms spewing nonsense about dvl being developed for real estate. at the time i was thinking this guy must be really bored but now who knows, maybe he was getting ready to attack the site.

drewbie
03-20-2012, 03:50 AM
Being paranoid in this day and age in computer/Internet use is not a crime. From other postings on this site it sounds like many had virus warnings when logging on to FNN, so yes you are correct no banking info or SS#'s could have been hacked but to think that it's just as easy as "protect your own computer" is kind of naiive. Protection is only as good as the resource you are using and even with Norton running I had a few issues that I just cleaned up on my PC.

this is why i have a mac

bman90278
03-20-2012, 04:56 AM
I guess since I was here after November my account got deleted too lol had to make a new one

Now u can start off with a fresh slate. BTW, the people over in BD Forums don't take any crap!

-b