PDA

View Full Version : Yo, what happen

Sublime-Steve
03-18-2012, 10:10 AM
where is everything? :EyePop:

white belt
03-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Message up top said all was lost because the server crashed. Bummer!!

Leejahd
03-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Every thing is gone!
x2 on the bummer.

bman90278
03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow, no backups since November! That's very bad!

seal
03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Losing some of those threads was a blessing.

seal
03-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow, no backups since November! That's very bad!

Yup backups are kind of important, very surprised that FNN does not have an automated backup process, maybe more to the story, the site was all whacked out for a few days prior to this.

Which Way Out
03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Yup backups are kind of important, very surprised that FNN does not have an automated backup process, maybe more to the story, the site was all whacked out for a few days prior to this.

Your right about whacked out. Strange thing is I noticed some interesting newbies on the site and wondered if that had anything to do with it. Maybe just me being an outside the box thinker.

HawgZWylde
03-18-2012, 11:23 AM
I still can't access this site by entering it's address. It tells me "site down for maintenance". I searched "fishingnetwork.net offline", and here I am. Why is this? How did you guys get access to this site? What caused the crash? Just before it went down, I saw 29lbr had posted on several areas of the forums claiming "DVL is closing", which is bee ess. I also contracted a virus and my computer was taken over, while on this site. Thankfully I knew what to do and immediately went into safe mode and eliminated the bug. Haven't been able to access since, until now. Was this all caused by a malicious attack?

Sublime-Steve
03-18-2012, 11:26 AM
that sucks... damn trolls

bman90278
03-18-2012, 02:18 PM

That is for sure, but similar threads will be back.

b

CraigH
03-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Seeing some of these old posts is like Deja Vu all over again. I tried logging in on the 16th to post a Big Bear report and I kept getting an error that my protection was blocking a file download. It looks like you can access the forums if you have them directly bookmarked, but the home page still says down for maintenance.

carpanglerdude
03-18-2012, 02:46 PM
No back ups since November? That's sad, lost a lot of valuable fishing info...The best part of this forum is the wealth of reports, info and more...losing it is pretty catastrophic.

plumbertom
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I had the problem with my security blocking this site also. Said it was trying to load some kinda malware so it blocked the site.
To get back on I had to go through the search engine and open it from there. then redid the bookmark.

bassgrabber1
03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I still can't access this site by entering it's address. It tells me "site down for maintenance". I searched "fishingnetwork.net offline", and here I am. Why is this? How did you guys get access to this site? What caused the crash? Just before it went down, I saw 29lbr had posted on several areas of the forums claiming "DVL is closing", which is bee ess. I also contracted a virus and my computer was taken over, while on this site. Thankfully I knew what to do and immediately went into safe mode and eliminated the bug. Haven't been able to access since, until now. Was this all caused by a malicious attack?
Yeah that dude posted up on every section.......Hmmmm

GhettoBasster
03-18-2012, 05:04 PM
When I saw all of the 29lber posts, i wondered if it was some sort of attack. my computer didn't contract a virus ('cause I have a Mac?), but I did notice a warning about possible malware on the site. I'm glad it's back. Thanks to all who resolved the problem. I hope no one's sensitive information was compromised.

Pete Marino
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
HawgZWylde what did you do to kill the bug/intercept the virus?? I too, saw those threads about DVL closing the last day the site was up which was a few days ago. My computer was running sooooo slooowwwww while it was trying to load those threads...but each time I ended up just shutting it down... I think my anti virus was not letting me open the thread...
I think my computer is running fine now...Normal high speed just the way I like it..but We'll see in the next couple days..

Ghetto....how would we know if any of our sensitive information was compromised??? I did have a slight issue with ebay/paypal friday...kinda makes me wonder..

Pete

carpanglerdude
03-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Just a thought: I noticed the site was running incredibly slow in the hours before 29lbers posts, at least 3-4 hours before. I don't think his posts were the sole cause of the problem, whatever it may have been. Would be very thoughtful of the Admins to let us know what happened and if anyone's user information was compromised.

GhettoBasster
03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Ghetto....how would we know if any of our sensitive information was compromised??? I did have a slight issue with ebay/paypal friday...kinda makes me wonder..

Pete[/QUOTE]

Sorry Pete. I only know how to use computers and not much else. I guess that's why I use a Crapple Macintosh. I hope the admins will be able to have some idea if malware may have been downloaded onto our computers. I can't expect them to do too much as this site is free and I'm sure they are maintaining it on their own time. I can only think of being extra viligant and watching our accounts like PayPal, eBay and our bank accounts and credit card like hawks.

HawgZWylde
03-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Pete, it's a long story but I'll keep it short. After I clicked onto one of those bogus reports by 29lber, the virus, which was a Trojan that imitated windows security, shut down the program I was running and said I needed to click on it in order to eliminate a "supposed" worm infection. It wouldn't let me open anything. After an infection a few months ago, I recognized it as an impostor program and immediately shut my computer off. I then rebooted into safe mode and downloaded a microsoft recommended program called super anti spyware. I ran the scan which then identified and eliminated the Trojan, which by the way, within one half hour allowed 3 more Trojans and a handfull of other malwares to enter after it had commandeered my computer and dropped the firewall. Once that was cleaned out, I had to go to microsoft support and download an auto fix it program which then fixed the software framework damaged by the viruses. At this time, I became aware that there was a lingering problem from said earlier infection that prevented my computer from accepting windows updates thus leaving my computer vulnerable to infection regardless of security. And the earlier infection had shut off my windows alert, so I had no clue. Whew, pain in the arse huh? Since you didn't have an earlier infection like mine, all your software was probably running strong thus preventing an infection, but the virus was still strong enough to slow it down. My advice to everyone that was on the site for that day is to download and run an independent anti spy ware program, in safe mode, just to be safe, even if everything seems ok for now. Some viruses can hide themselves from your security once it's in your computer, as happened with my first infection, then WHAM, it nails you, and possibly allowed private info to be captured through keyloggers etc. Once you have done the scan, you can delete the independent antivirus software. Again, the one I used, super anti spyware, was recommended to me by micrsoft, and did the job quite well. And it's free.

Pete, if you had a problem with paypal, I would contact them and investigate. Keep close watch on all your secure accounts for anything amiss. If you see something that doesn't look right, it usually isn't. You are probably alright since nothing happened, but it's better to be safe than sorry...

Carpangler, I'm not saying his multiple posts had anything to do with the infection, it's just what I was doing when the infection became known. But why did he post that all over this site?

evosamurai
03-18-2012, 07:47 PM
damn i just posted about my 64 lb halibut but it got erased...oh well

evosamurai
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
my antivirus(nod32) picked up it right away and denied me coming to this site

carpanglerdude
03-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Pete, if you had a problem with paypal, I would contact them and investigate. Keep close watch on all your secure accounts for anything amiss. If you see something that doesn't look right, it usually isn't. You are probably alright since nothing happened, but it's better to be safe than sorry...

Carpangler, I'm not saying his multiple posts had anything to do with the infection, it's just what I was doing when the infection became known. But why did he post that all over this site?

Glad your computer problem was resolved.

I think 29lber was higher than a kite when he posted that :)

HawgZWylde
03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Glad your computer problem was resolved.

I think 29lber was higher than a kite when he posted that :)

Thanks. Sounds like someone needs to take his toys away while he indulges in his personal pleasures lol. Hope he doesn't drive or pilot any kind of watercraft while on his personal sojourns...

Perris Bluegill Chaser
03-18-2012, 08:23 PM
No he will be at dvl selling fish

Thanks. Sounds like someone needs to take his toys away while he indulges in his personal pleasures lol. Hope he doesn't drive or pilot any kind of watercraft while on his personal sojourns...

heydaad
03-18-2012, 08:34 PM
I am no IT whiz, but I did have problems with my laptop ... deceased last week. My wife, who is the IT whiz, told me there was a good chance FNN caused the crash. I look at the site multiple times daily, so I would be a prime candidate for an infection. We were running Viper as our anti-virus choice at home. Now I use her VPN access from work. Don't know what anti-virus they use ... but I am pissed my old Toshiba laptop is DOA. I recovered my data off the old hard drive yesterday ... it was infected with a trojan/malware thing that destroyed/blocked access to the bios/start-up of the Toshiba. Be warned ...

HawgZWylde
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
No he will be at dvl selling fish

Ah yes, he's the dude selling the fresh dines out there. Lol, he's probably terrified to come back here right now eh? I'm there every week, now I'm gonna have some fun, lol...

HawgZWylde
03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I am no IT whiz, but I did have problems with my laptop ... deceased last week. My wife, who is the IT whiz, told me there was a good chance FNN caused the crash. I look at the site multiple times daily, so I would be a prime candidate for an infection. We were running Viper as our anti-virus choice at home. Now I use her VPN access from work. Don't know what anti-virus they use ... but I am pissed my old Toshiba laptop is DOA. I recovered my data off the old hard drive yesterday ... it was infected with a trojan/malware thing that destroyed/blocked access to the bios/start-up of the Toshiba. Be warned ...

Yup, but most likely most of it's fixable if you can get into safe mode, follow my instructions to Pete if you can...

Perris Bluegill Chaser
03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Just change a few thing and your back......29 28 27 etc.lol +3 = 30-1=29
Ah yes, he's the dude selling the fresh dines out there. Lol, he's probably terrified to come back here right now eh? I'm there every week, now I'm gonna have some fun, lol...

casting call
03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Does anybody need an IT Consultant?! lol :Smile:

evosamurai
03-18-2012, 09:04 PM
good program to use in safe mode is (hijack this)

HawgZWylde
03-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Just change a few thing and your back......29 28 27 etc.lol +3 = 30-1=29

Indeed, I figured that "particular" one out awhile back. Lol, shhh, I do lurk on other boards...

HawgZWylde
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
good program to use in safe mode is (hijack this)

Trend micro is a good product. I was really surprised the viruses got through my "cloud" security which was indeed, Trend Micro. But I had issues with my microsoft software framework which I'm sure aided in the infection. Thankfully I'm all patched up now...

Sublime-Steve
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
malwarebytes works good

smokehound
03-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Interesting. I'm unable to view armofisher's profile. Now why would that be?

everyone else's works just fine =)

evosamurai
03-18-2012, 09:18 PM
im constantly running Nod32(antivirus) malwarebytes, Ccleaner, Ad Aware, with their powers combined...i am...captain planet lol

evosamurai
03-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Interesting. I'm unable to view armofisher's profile. Now why would that be?

everyone else's works just fine =)

did he start it?

smokehound
03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
dunno, but now he's offline.

carpanglerdude
03-18-2012, 10:00 PM
did he start it?

Maybe, but I seem to recall his profile was down at least 1 month ago. He messaged me about some lures back then, when I tried viewing his profile it was already down.

Sandman_Tracker
03-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Ditto on the site problems after the 29lber posts, but I really didn't think anything of it.

Hopefully the Admins get the Perris Fishing Report forum going again and the guys that posted valuable info, will take the time to do so again. Maybe FNN will take this as a learning experience and create monthly backups. They could save 2 backups at a time and delete anything older...

FELIPE
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM
??????x one thousand!!!

carpanglerdude
03-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Figured we needed this for posterity's sake:

http://i.imgur.com/naHaU.png

March 16-17, 2012. May we never forget how boring the internet is without FNN :(

evosamurai
03-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Maybe, but I seem to recall his profile was down at least 1 month ago. He messaged me about some lures back then, when I tried viewing his profile it was already down.

yea he is also on BD forums and i cant find his profile, people were also complainging of that site being hacked, but nothing like fnn's attack

cutbait
03-19-2012, 05:56 AM
So 29 lber is the old 30lber {who was banned recently} who is the old Dodoman {who was also banned}??????????? Who has is other fishing board, who sells sardines at the lake, who rumored to ninja fish [not very well according to the rumors], who is alledged to have hacked the site, who also spreads BS information about a lake he may have had recent troubles with??

Is that what I'm picking up from you guys trying to beat around the bush????

HAHAHA

HawgZWylde
03-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Figured we needed this for posterity's sake:

http://i.imgur.com/naHaU.png

March 16-17, 2012. May we never forget how boring the internet is without FNN :(

How did you get that screen shot?

"March 16-17, 2012. May we never forget how boring the internet is without FNN :( "

Truth that...

HawgZWylde
03-19-2012, 08:21 AM
So 29 lber is the old 30lber {who was banned recently} who is the old Dodoman {who was also banned}??????????? Who has is other fishing board, who sells sardines at the lake, who rumored to ninja fish [not very well according to the rumors], who is alledged to have hacked the site, who also spreads BS information about a lake he may have had recent troubles with??

HAHAHA

Lol, sure looks that way.

"who is alledged to have hacked the site"

Well, I certainly am in no position to make that claim without proof, that could be considered libel. But the administrators might be in a position to collect evidence. If I'm not mistaken, hacking, and the deliberate attempt at destroying a website, especially a competitors, is a federal crime. If what you said above is true, and can be proved, the dodoman just might become the deep doodooman. Especially if he is convicted. Big Bubba would make sure of that...

seal
03-19-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure that the Doodooman has the capability of pulling off the hacking of this website. But it was a dumb thing to do I think alchohol might have been involved, duh!

Cutbait, that was very funny!

cutbait
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Im not saying he hacked either, whose to say the site was hacked period?

Put me on the side as dodo not possessing the skills either but 5 pages of subversive accusations, someone had to lay it down clearly..

Regarding the ninja thing and getting busted.. was the talk of the fred hall show when I went...

Say it ain't so fishtaco and dodo?

Perhaps it was a mastermind plan to prove stripers don't spawn in the lake at night?

I want to be clear Im not anti ninja,,, just anti getting caught

smokehound
03-19-2012, 09:40 AM

HAHAHA http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/dodoman_album/20120218_023139-1.jpg He caught an awesome striper a while back.

cutbait
03-19-2012, 09:55 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/dodoman_album/20120218_023139-1.jpg He caught an awesome striper a while back.

Now that's a nice fish..

What it weigh? 29lbs?

smokehound
03-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Now that's a nice fish..

What it weigh? 29lbs?Coincidence =P

DarkShadow
03-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Regarding the ninja thing and getting busted.. was the talk of the fred hall show when I went...

Say it ain't so fishtaco and dodo?

Perhaps it was a mastermind plan to prove stripers don't spawn in the lake at night?

Woah, those are some pretty big accusations.

Our resident striper expert poaching after hours with his hacker sidekick friend?

This is better than those Telenovelas on KMEX.

DotA
03-19-2012, 10:14 AM
this site gets alot of money from advertising and for this to happen is kind of sad they should invest the money into making this place more secure

HawgZWylde
03-19-2012, 10:36 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/dodoman_album/20120218_023139-1.jpg He caught an awesome striper a while back.

Lol, yup. Looks like he got so excited about his near record, that he didn't bother to remove the Punker. He just cut the line and ran alllllll the way back to the car. He's lucky he didn't need CPR...

casting call
03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
this site gets alot of money from advertising and for this to happen is kind of sad they should invest the money into making this place more secure

The problem with most (small) companies, is that they see IT as an expense instead of cost of doing business. Ive seen MANY offices budget less than 1000.00/yr and their network/servers crash and they lose thousands for being down for a few days. Or even something as simple as virus protection, they put their business at risk just to save several hundred dollars from having to buy anti virus software/subscription.
Then when Sh** hits the fan, theyre forced to spend thousands of dollars on top of loss in productivity.

Wingnut
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks for your patience guys & gals, the powers to be are working feverishly to restore order. Give it some time, everything will be back to normal shortly. :Wink:
What I know is that the site crashed and some data was lost. Amusing to hear all the conspiracy theories, lol.
Obviously, there should have been a better back-up system in place. I've been assured that is in the works right at this moment.
Like many of you, I have lost many valuable posts/reports, unfortunate, but life goes on... :Cool:

HBAR
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Woah, those are some pretty big accusations.

Our resident striper expert poaching after hours with his hacker sidekick friend?

This is better than those Telenovelas on KMEX.

Yeah but the Telenovelas have some hot barely dressed women on there!!! come on now can't beat that!

smokehound
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah but the Telenovelas have some hot barely dressed women on there!!! come on now can't beat that!haha too bad they all sound like parrots. :LOL:

DarkShadow
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Like many of you, I have lost many valuable posts/reports, unfortunate, but life goes on... :Cool:

Dock Rat has a lot of catching up to do.

Wingnut
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Dock Rat has a lot of catching up to do.

I said "valuable"... lol :LOL:

HawgStalker
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM

LOL!!! Very funny HW.....

Thebake
03-19-2012, 02:05 PM

I'd have to agree! Some of this needed to start fresh.

white belt
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
haha too bad they all sound like parrots. :LOL:

I watch with the volume off anyway. When I use to do work as a courier I delivered to Galavision on a day they were casting for their version of deal or no deal. Wow...