PDA

View Full Version : Question for Puddingstone and trout

Whiteleather
11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
DFG reports that they will be stocking trout this week at Puddingstone. I'm relatively new at fishing Puddingstone and was wondering if Sailboat Cove would be the best spot to try for the trout they are going to be stocking. I've had a real tough time fishing this lake from shore due to the excessive weeds over the last few months, but have caught a handful of bluegill and a few catfish. Any information would be greatly appreciated

white belt
11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Cool thanks for the reminder. I wish i had a lot of knowledge on the pudd... Only place i have success is that cove by the swim beach area. Sailboat cove should be good though.

Taiko
11-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Sailboat cove should be your best bet for trout. Take the little hike into the end of the cove and u should do good. Use light line here, try to use 2lb line if you have it. Make sure you use some scents since the water is pretty murky. Be patient here, they always seem to swim in and out of this cove in schools. Gluck and let us know how it goes.

fishermanx14
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
DFG reports that they will be stocking trout this week at Puddingstone. I'm relatively new at fishing Puddingstone and was wondering if Sailboat Cove would be the best spot to try for the trout they are going to be stocking. I've had a real tough time fishing this lake from shore due to the excessive weeds over the last few months, but have caught a handful of bluegill and a few catfish. Any information would be greatly appreciated

i was there on sunday and way fishing for crappie and blue gill and accidently caught 2 trout