PDA

View Full Version : vine 11-11-11

E.A.R.G.
11-14-2011, 10:32 AM
So my birthday is Veteran's day... which is kind of cool because I usually get the day off whether its from classes or work. This year I wanted to go fishing. I had my heart set on fishing Veteran's day Friday, but I also had to keep my eye out on the weather. I checked the Sunday before and the report said 100% rain and 15 mph winds... not my idea of a fun trip. However, as the week went on, the chance of rain started to drop!! 80%, then 50%....... by Wednesday it was down to 30% and last I checked Thursday it was down to 10% chance of rain during the day! Not only that, but the wind prediction went down from 15mph to 2mph! IT WAS GAME ON!

Wednesday night-early Thursday morning, however, I came down with a pretty bad case of the flu. I had a 101 fever, chills, aches, the whole shabang! Couldn't even make it to work Thursday. After all this anticipation, would my trip be over? The clock hits midnight, Friday morning, and my flu just disappears! Thank God! It was from zero to hero in a matter of a single minute! I was up and packing my fishing gear singing and waking up everyone in the house!

Got a couple hours shut eye and I was up by 5 am. Picked up my friend and was on my way to Irvine Lake! Got to the lake at 7A.M. hoping that the weather predictions would scare people off... but... THERE WAS STILL A LINE! lol
Albeit, a lot shorter than normal lines, but good gosh the line must had been long for people to be stuck in it for one hour after gate opening!!

We rushed to the tackle shop, picked up some bait, sandwich, snacks, and a boat rental and rushed off to the lake.
Game plan was to troll a lap or two with raps and if we don't see what we're looking for, bait up and fish our trusty money hole.

We made a full lap for 1 farmed bite and decided it was time to hit our spot. A good call as this spot produced for us again! WFO and we had 9 pretty quick, farming just as many. Well I wasn't but my friend was lol. She's a newbie to this kind of thing, and fishing in the amazon forest = many lost fish. But it was alright because the bite was as hot as it gets. It was hard to keep more than 1 or 2 pole in the water with the bite we were having!

At 9 we decided to head into the shop and grab some snacks and hit the bathroom. I wanted to get one on the troll so we decided to get our limit finisher while trolling.

My friend wanted to try tying a knot. So I let her have her shot.
"I did it! is it good?"
"We'll let the fish tell us"

Threw the line out trolling.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ snap!

"nope. it wasn't good"
LOL LOL

she was so sad. But its alright cause thats just a part of fishing!

We trolled another lap or so but the troll bite was really off today. I talked to many trollers and they had few to no fish. Even the man Marlon Meade had but 3 fish trolling the day.

At around 3 pm we gave up the troll and went back to our spot. Threw out a couple poles. Both got hit pretty quick. Kept one and safely released the other (I know I know, no catch and release but what was a man supposed to do)

Chilled on the boat for a little while and headed in.

Weighed our 10 fish limit that went 14 1/2 pounds. With our big fish being a 2lber. Not too much on the quality but still a great day none the less. Cleaned our fish started to head to the car when the first few drops of rain hit us.

perfect. =)))

Got treated to an all you can eat lobster, king crab legs, and prime rib dinner =)))

What a day. one for the books. Just feeling really blessed to be alive.

Sorry no pics. but I think we all know what 1-2 lb trout look like.

tight lines
EARG

TaperSteve
11-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Great read! Way to go on getting your gal friend on some fish.

TS

Troutman65
11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Great report . Where is the place that has all you can eat Lobster , King crab legs & Prime rib ? That sounds like a place I need to visit . LOL. Nice going on your Birthday limit of trout

Cangler
11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Great report . Where is the place that has all you can eat Lobster , King crab legs & Prime rib ? That sounds like a place I need to visit going on your

They'll go bust ..

Troutman65
11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
They'll go bust ..

Hey I have my photo up at 5 establishments so far might as well go for 6

Cangler
11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey I have my photo up at 5 establishments so far might as well go for 6

It's good to see you're out and about again ..

Troutman65
11-14-2011, 02:16 PM
It's good to see you're out and about again ..

Thanks Cangler. I really hope we can fish together sometime . It would be great to meet the guy behind the posts . Do you go trout fishing ?