PDA

View Full Version : 11/13/11 Quick Limit

Geraldlim
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Got back from 2 days in Arizona watching my daughter swim for USC against ASU and Arizona and was able to get away today and hit my favorite lake.

The troll bite was good for me today, just as it was on Thursday (it has been kind of tough for me the last few weeks).

I got 18 stripers and assorted green by-catch.
The biggest ones were 8 lbs and 7.5 lbs.
One of the bigger ones surprised me. It came right in to the boat after being hooked without any fight so I thought it was another schoolie. It took one look at the boat and took off on a 25 yard run! A full 2 and a half colors of the leadcore!

I gave all the fish away except one.
The water was a lot cleaner than a week ago.
FYI some of the fish were puking up sculpin.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/geraldlim/Fishing/IMG_0600.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/geraldlim/Fishing/IMG_0600_2.jpg

TrouTracker
11-13-2011, 10:13 PM
To Gerald- Once again, great job getting them on the troll. Looks like it was a nice day on the water. Glad to hear the algae was clearing up a bit. Can't wait to get back on the water. On the college note, the Trojans sure are starting to look good on the football field! Hope Barkley comes back next year........
Barry

VietReefer
11-13-2011, 11:23 PM
WTG again my brother. Will you be back to MVL for the trout opener?
Be careful next time, your stringer of strippies might flip your porta-boat over :D

Stormcrow
11-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey Gerald way to go bro! Did you see Jonathan and I a couple weeks ago wavin at you? We were in the yellow and silver Stratos Evo...

TroutOnly
11-14-2011, 04:55 AM
WAY TO SLAY GERALD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ToadsToadsOnly
11-14-2011, 10:19 AM
What a slay fest that is one hefty stringer Gerald looks like the troll fish are starting to get bigger.

ddoskocil
11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Very nice. I may have to try the whole trolling thing!

dixoncider
11-14-2011, 01:48 PM
The porta bote kills em...AGAIN...! nice report and some great pictures...

GdHkSet1
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Gerald,

Nice troll job. I'm disapointed with you no striper fish report from the colorado river? How could you, your the striper machine ha....

DrePSP
11-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm jealous! if you dont mind, what lure were you using?

Matt_Magnone
11-14-2011, 09:33 PM
you're rockin it buddy! good job!!!

Geraldlim
11-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks ya'll!

DrePSP - was using flies.
Dylan - not going to LMV opener. Was leaning my knees against the side of the boat while lifting the stringer outside the boat. If it was going to tip over that would have done it already. It's pretty stable!
Stormcrow - ya, I saw you and Jonathan. Just didn't know who it was waving at me LOL. Wave me over next time!
Vince - I have been going to the canal several times, just skunked EVERY time this season.
Matt - thanks! Learned a lot from you. When are you going to fish stripers again?
Uncle Bob - when r we going to do Lake San Antonio?

Matt_Magnone
11-15-2011, 12:39 AM
im gonna start getting back out there starting wednesday. been having a blast at havasu and skinner the last few months. time to come back home and play at the pond! the stripers and largies are calling me!!!!