PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 11.13.11

JAG107
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Went out this morning for a quickie to nail some more schoolies, trolled around the east end for nothing but salad for an hour. Decided to crawl along the north shore, whacked 2 back to back on the DR. Funny, first one I didn't even know I had on til the gulls were circling over the wake 100 ft behind the boat. I thought I had just snagged more salad since that's all the action I had, but sure nuff it was a stripey who hit the fluke so lightly it didn't release the line from the clip. He came in without any fuss. I decided to reset and circle around for another pass at the same depth 18', WHAM the pole jerked so hard I thought I caught an underwater freight train. YES I thought, PB for sure! Took me more than 5 minutes to land this beast, which turned out to be identical in size to the first one! Nuts. Well I went around that spot for a while longer for nothing, checked out ramp 2 which was also dead. Started heading west along the south shore, got hit hard on my toplined xrap. Hint hint: rainbow pattern it all clicked in, ramp 2 is where the trout get stocked. I went back around, tied on a trout swimmie, got no love. Headed in at 10 with 3 16+ inchers in the cooler. Ran into PAW of course, he was working the usual haunts, getting short bit though from what he told me. I guess you can't ALWAYS limit out by 9 :Envious:
Coulda had a worse morning for sure, today was absolutely gorgeous outside!

ddoskocil
11-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Good job. Some is always better than none. I'll be back out there a few times next week!