PDA

View Full Version : Very, very late report - Sorry

SeaLance
11-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I actually admit to being a lurker here but decided that I should start making contributions. Anyway, I went to Irvine Lake for the first time on Saturday, Nov. 5th with two of my buddies. Let me try to keep this report as short as I can but with some detail...

We rented a boat and first went to Woody's Point for no bites. So we headed up along the west side of the lake up towards the dam. We anchored up at what I believe was the West Shore. One of my buddies was first to hook up and lands a nice 'bow simply using Garlic powerbait carolina rigged. He then hooked another casting a gold Panther Martin but the fish came off at color. I proceeded to catch our second rainbow here on the power mouse configuration (3" Orange peel Trout worm with Garlic powerbait) carolina rigged (1/4 oz. egg sinker, 4lb. fluorocarbon, and size 14 treble hook). After no more bites we decided to try our luck trolling...

From the West Shore we went across the lake towards Trout Island. We didn't get any strikes until we got close to the island. This time my second friend gets a nice 'bow trolling a Pink Passion Mira Shad (flatlining, with 6lb. test). Then the action picked up significantly. Still trolling around Trout Island my first friend gets 3 'bows all within about a 35 minute interval. I can't remember the details, but he had braid on his reel but was definatley trolling a Rapala CD05 firetiger.

After trolling, we anchored up at Santiago Flats for nothing. We ended our day trolling for the last time and I caught my second and overall our last fish as a collective trolling what I believe was a Rapala F07 firetiger.

So, I guess seven trout for a few newbies ain't half bad. I thanked the man upstairs for a nice day of fishing but actually most of all me and my friends want to thank all the FNN'rs for their valuable information. Without it, I don't think we would have caught trout that day. Sorry for the long winded report. I just hope I made a contribution and will try to make more in the future.

Tight lines,
Ray (aka SeaLance)

DeepInTheWoods
11-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome.....and nice report!!!!!! Nice job out there

TimelessFSR
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Nice report Ray...I didn't post anything cuz I was waiting to see if we could duplicate our efforts again...just in case it was some random fluke lol! Well, let me know when you're ready to go again bro...

~G~

Thisfool
11-14-2011, 09:46 PM
hey welcome to the boards thanks for the report and nice job getting on the fish. next time don't wast time baiting down and stick to the troll

TaperSteve
11-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanx for sharing! hope to see you out there again soon!

TS

troutdog
11-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the report, looking forward to your future reports....now that you are seasoned anglers you should come out for one of the up coming touneys....good luck and have fun out there!

TD