PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake, I went & I saw

JHDucky
11-13-2011, 03:22 PM
My son and I went shore fishing at Corona today. We were third in line at 3:15 this morning. Went right to our spot along the south shore by the trees. Had one bite at 7 that broke the leader, only one other bite the rest of the day at about 10:30. The family to our left had 7 nice ones when we left at 11. The gentleman even came over to us and gave us some of the power bait he was using and the garlic scent he was using, thank you again. We just could not buy a bite today it was just one of those days for us. We saw people in float tubes and boats catching nice looking trout.
We will go back again sometime this season and maybe rent a boat.
Tight lines everyone.

Surfnsnowboard3
11-13-2011, 04:29 PM
My son and I went shore fishing at Corona today. We were third in line at 3:15 this morning. Went right to our spot along the south shore by the trees. Had one bite at 7 that broke the leader, only one other bite the rest of the day at about 10:30. The family to our left had 7 nice ones when we left at 11. The gentleman even came over to us and gave us some of the power bait he was using and the garlic scent he was using, thank you again. We just could not buy a bite today it was just one of those days for us. We saw people in float tubes and boats catching nice looking trout.
We will go back again sometime this season and maybe rent a boat.
Tight lines everyone.

What pound test were you using?

JHDucky
11-13-2011, 04:50 PM
We had 2 pound test leaders and 2 pound line on the reels, leaders were 9 to 15". The same set up as the family next to us. We both had the joy of helping a father that brought his young son fishing. He had 10 pound line and only night crawlers. The gentleman next to me set him up with 2 pound leaders and I gave them an extra jar of Garlic Power bait. I don't know if they caught anything, but to see the happiness in the boy's face and dad's made the day a great day. I'm sure the father/son will get on some trout soon together.

vanillagurilla
11-13-2011, 06:49 PM
need a boat for corona and irvine. I dont fish either one without.

Troutman65
11-13-2011, 07:39 PM
To bad about the skunk . Fishing with your Son is priceless . Glad you got to get out and fish .Next time give me a heads up and I will join you . Thanks for the post