PDA

View Full Version : *Updated*Dumb question about sabikis

ThemBastards
08-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I just bought some, and the hooks have little translucent covers on the back of them. Are those to attract fish? Do they just protect the hooks in the packages? Do I take them off before I fish? Do I use bait with them, or are they the bait?

They are the 99 cent ones from BPS if anyone is familiar with them.

Thank you for kindly tolerating my ignorance.

vanillagurilla
08-17-2007, 06:08 PM
leave them on... there like a lure to attract fish. you can add bait to them and double your hookups.

POSTAL
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
that is part of the rig ,leave it on there and have fun .There is many kinds of rigs some with feathers ,shrimp, plastic wings.

willis949
08-17-2007, 06:16 PM
The best thing to do is to add little pieces of squid,1/4 inch or so on each hook and they will eat it quick.The squid stays on better than other stuff and you can leave the squid on until you need it again.Just drop it in until the highest hook goes under a foot or so and leave it.They will hook themselves.

ThemBastards
08-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Right on thanks guys. Im gonna try and catch some mac to cure for the Legends event/my continued molestation of Lake Elsinore.

ThemBastards
08-18-2007, 02:10 PM
For everbody who helped me out on this post- I owe ya a big thanks. I used a little squid on the hooks, and pulled out 5 macs in two hours.

I left early because one of the small macs I caught I threw on a treble and caught my first Halibut. 24 inches baby, I was stoked. Im gonna make a post with pics in the piers sec a little later.

Again thanks guys

ghetto dad
08-18-2007, 03:25 PM
I just bot some, and the hooks have little translucent covers on the back of them. Are those to attract fish? Do they just protect the hooks in the packages? Do I take them off before I fish? Do I use bait with them, or are they the bait?

They are the 99 cent ones from BPS if anyone is familiar with them.

Thank you for kindly tolerating my ignorance.

LMFAO...... :idiot: ....................J/K BRO...... :D

ghetto dad
08-18-2007, 03:26 PM
i just bought some blue and white tady 45's, and i was wondering if the paint was some kind of protectant, or do the colors attract fish....should i scrape the paint off?????

im sorry bastard, i just had to....... :D

ThemBastards
08-18-2007, 03:39 PM
i just bought some blue and white tady 45's, and i was wondering if the paint was some kind of protectant, or do the colors attract fish....should i scrape the paint off?????

im sorry bastard, i just had to....... :D

:oops: :cry: :finger:

Its cool man. If you read my original post I think it said something about "kindly" tolerating my ignorance. My thinking was it may have protected the hooks from getting tangled when they are packaged.

To answer your question- yes scrape the paint off you b@stard!
:twisted:

Ah just kidding GD.
:beer: See ya next week at Legends

ghetto dad
08-18-2007, 04:14 PM
lol!! ok bro!!! i cant wait....i havent fished it what seems like months......i hope my daughter can hang from around 9 am till whenever we leave the picnic......ok, cya man!!!

willis949
08-19-2007, 06:00 PM
You bastard!!I told you the squid would get them macs.How big was the mack that you had on that caught the Hali?How come you pic was taken at night? EDIT: I just read your post and it said you forgot your camera,let me know if you want to go out on a 3/4 day on Wednesday out of Davies.By the way did you eat the Hali??

ThemBastards
08-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Haha whats up willis? The mac was about 5inches, and on a treble, hooked through the tail. Yeah man the squid was the hot ticket, thanks for the tip.

The reason the pic was at night is because, I had gone down to my brothers pad in Newport to hang out with the fam, and for whatever reason I forgot my camera. I had to wait til I got home, then I just kinda lagged on taking the pic.

one_leg
08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Try placing a small piece of red yarn on the hooks.

lol!! ok bro!!! i cant wait....i havent fished it what seems like months......i hope my daughter can hang from around 9 am till whenever we leave the picnic......ok, cya man!!!

That's all you ever do is fish, ghetto dad. You should try catching sometime. :lol:
You just might like it.
I'm looking forward to watching ghetto dad get schooled by toddlers on the 25th...j/k GD.

One_Leg

ThemBastards
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
You bastard!!I told you the squid would get them macs.How big was the mack that you had on that caught the Hali?How come you pic was taken at night? EDIT: I just read your post and it said you forgot your camera,let me know if you want to go out on a 3/4 day on Wednesday out of Davies.By the way did you eat the Hali??

Damn Willis why couldnt you of hit me up a couple weeks ago. I just started a new job out here in Corona, impossible to take time off this soon.

My brother is going up to Humboldt to do some salmon fishing in a couple weeks, and when he gets back we are gonna do a twilight shark fishing run. Dont know dates yet, but I will hit you up for sure.

You should go to the Legends event at Irvine on saturday it should be sweet.