PDA

View Full Version : Nov 11 Mile Square park

smokehound
11-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Arrived in the morning armed with my Watermelon Buoyant, the trout were striking spoons in the AM, lost three in a row, and proceeded to drop the F-bomb alot.

When it approached mid-day, the spoon bite died completely.

I switched to a Power Nymph in Toad color, and jigged, hooking another one, then losing it at the shore. The trout were all tiny. After that, I switched to a red Micro grub and FINALLY hooked and landed one.

Everyone using doughbait had little action. Cormorants were patrolling but I only saw one manage a single trout, very few left. Watched an osprey catch a trout.

These damn trout were pitiful. I could catch bigger trout in the san gabriel river :LOL:

DFG, what the hell happened?? Just last week, you stocked big-beautiful rainbows with plenty of fight.

I'm not gonna use trout dough anymore, it's too damn slow.

paintsn
11-12-2011, 09:44 AM
yeah bro.. i saw you there yesterday..

its not all that bad, i did see a school of about 10 fish left, but that was it.. all in all, its free, so to me its all for the kids, and to test up my skills for bigger and more wilder trout up in the sierras, just getting warmed up for our next Sierra Trout Opener!

There were still lil action at Centennial, but you know how the story goes. so whos up for Irvine next challenge??

smokehound
11-12-2011, 01:24 PM
yeah bro.. i saw you there yesterday..

its not all that bad, i did see a school of about 10 fish left, but that was it.. all in all, its free, so to me its all for the kids, and to test up my skills for bigger and more wilder trout up in the sierras, just getting warmed up for our next Sierra Trout Opener!

There were still lil action at Centennial, but you know how the story goes. so whos up for Irvine next challenge?? forgive me for not remembering, but who were you?

Greg Madrigal
04-03-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm not gonna use trout dough anymore, it's too damn slow.

Good job! You are now "in teh progression!" Next, you will only use jigs, then you will discover the beauty of fly fishing and you will never look back! Thanks for teh report.