PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day.... war on Mr. Stripey!!

P.A.W.
11-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Picture perfect Striper morning. Clouds, not too cold, slight breeeze. Still not big topwater time yet at Skinner, but the schoolies were out in numbers. Had a limit by around 9:00 and gave those to some shore fishermen so I could continue fishing.

Ran into ddoskocil near ramp 2, another typical FNN nice guy. I followed him over to ramp 1 side east end where he hit a trifecta (trout, LMB, and striper). As the day went on the temp raised a few degrees and the fish got a bit more turned on. Should have stayed ddoskocil!! I ended up with around 20 fish if I had to guess. I left the ramp 1 side and trolled the north shore while I ate my lunch and hit some there. Only saw 3 or 4 boats down at the bouy line, but I did meter fish there.

Patterns used: The U-rig was kickin' as always (even had a double hookup again). Also hit most on a trolled jerkbait. Both a Lucky Craft and an IMA Flit. Most fish were still in shallower water, but the U-rig was producing at 15' deep in 20' to 35' of water.

Thanks Vets!!! See you out there on Sunday.

JAG107
11-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Ooooo still shallow are they? I just picked up a BPS 4" minnow crank. I gotta try that out! Hope you left some fish for the rest of us PAW!

ddoskocil
11-11-2011, 06:36 PM
What a great day. Thanks PAW. (check my report.)

jnitrobass49
11-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Your the man paw good job on the jailbirds keep slaying them.

fshnritchey
11-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Picture perfect Striper morning. Clouds, not too cold, slight breeeze. Still not big topwater time yet at Skinner, but the schoolies were out in numbers. Had a limit by around 9:00 and gave those to some shore fishermen so I could continue fishing.

Ran into ddoskocil near ramp 2, another typical FNN nice guy. I followed him over to ramp 1 side east end where he hit a trifecta (trout, LMB, and striper). As the day went on the temp raised a few degrees and the fish got a bit more turned on. Should have stayed ddoskocil!! I ended up with around 20 fish if I had to guess. I left the ramp 1 side and trolled the north shore while I ate my lunch and hit some there. Only saw 3 or 4 boats down at the bouy line, but I did meter fish there.

Patterns used: The U-rig was kickin' as always (even had a double hookup again). Also hit most on a trolled jerkbait. Both a Lucky Craft and an IMA Flit. Most fish were still in shallower water, but the U-rig was producing at 15' deep in 20' to 35' of water.

Thanks Vets!!! See you out there on Sunday.

FYI it is illegal to keep more than 10 stripers whether you give some away or not. The only way to legally continue to fish is to never keep your tenth fish. Just letting you know you are risking a ticket from DFG.

TroutOnly
11-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Sounds like he was releaseing alot of fish before he ended on his tenth fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ddoskocil
11-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes, he gave them away as he fished. Never had more than his ten at one time.

P.A.W.
11-12-2011, 02:48 PM
That's right. I was never, and will never be in possesion of more than the limit.

JAG107
11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
See you tomorrow PAW!