PDA

View Full Version : Marlon's Seminar at Sports Chalet 11/10

See Chris Fish
11-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I got off work in time to head over to the first ever Sport's Chalet in Mission Viejo to attend Marlon's Trout Seminar.
What a wealth of info!
He showed the anglers in attendance how to rig for trolling, jigs, dough bait, worms, power-mouse, etc. He also showed off some new products that Berkley has coming out. They have a new rod out, the Trout Dough. Very cool green color!! Sports Chalet has them for only $35.
At the end of the seminar, they raffled off prizes, including a Trout Dough rod.
I highly recommend you attend one of these seminars. Can't beat the price, FREE!!!

I have a feeling that Marlon has forgotten more about fishing than I'll even know but he's glad to pass on any info to help you get on the fish.
Thanks to Marlon and Sports Chalet for doing this.

phishin phool
11-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Do you know where to find out of any more appearances?

CraigH
11-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Sport Chalet has an events page on their website but there aren't any upcoming fishing seminars listed.

Karyn
11-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I have one of those Berkeley green rods- they are very cool and have a ton of boooiiinnnnnggg! Awesome green color! It throws really nice for the price.

I agree with you, there is a plethora of info to be learned! The comes prepared with charts, hand outs, visuals- etc. Can't beat the price- Free :) And the raffles! Awesome! He really knows the Vine and passes on his secrets!

1HR2BBL
11-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I went to his seminar at Bass Pro shops a few weeks back, it's worthwile considering it's free. He raffles off some free Berkley stuff including fluorocarbon line and stuff.

The new Berkley Trout Dough rods are nice, a soft fiberglass composistion verses graphite. I love catching trout with fiberglass rods! I have two of the Bass Pro Shops microglass and looking to buy the new Berkley trout dough rod too, a bargain at $35-$39. I hardly use my GLoomis SJR 720 anymore for trout.

I also want to try the Berkley Gulp garlic night crawlers.