PDA

View Full Version : 11-10-11 Davey 3/4 day boat

cklovetofish
11-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Well, I got my first daily limit (or well over??) of ocean fishing. By noon, I had to stop fishing for these Sargo and blue perch, and search for bigger bass. That didn't go too well as I kept getting more and bigger model of Sargo and blue perch again. I got a total of 15 Sargo and maybe 12 blue perch. I gave the over limit catch to the guy that was fishing next to me and did not catch that much.
One interesting thing is the DFG boat was on the water and stopped a few boats around Newport Harbor. They eventually boarded our boat and check for fish limit and sizes and yes, licenses.
Other fishermen on boat did well too. Of course, there were a few that did not get more than 5 fish, but majority got more than 10 fish for sure.
This was the most variety fishing trip that I witnessed. We landed Calico, sand bass, tree fish, rock fish, one short Cabezon, short Ling Cods, sheep head, and tons of Sargo and blue perch.
Sand bass was not in big number, but there were some big guys there. The biggest went over 5 lbs landed by the captain right at the mouth of the harbor (left side infront of the jetty) as we were cleaning fish.
I look at the report from Daveys and found that the deck hand way under counted the number of Sargo and blue perch as I myself got more than 5 perch that was reported.
Sorry for long report but it was my personal best fishing day.

stepchild
11-11-2011, 08:27 AM
i call bs without pics..lol sounds like you had fun..wtg

JapanRon
11-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi cklovestofish,

Sounds like a great day !! Nice report .... long report ?? .... I was just getting started to reading !! :)

JapanRon

cklovetofish
11-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I know JapanRon. Compare to your reports, my report is nothing. But it is long for my average posts.
I know there are thousands of fishermen out there, but seems like you are the only one who reports regularly. Keep it up Ron.

Jig-Guy
11-11-2011, 06:58 PM
cklovetofish, thank you for your on the water report, nice read. Glad you got bit and had a good time.

Jig-Guy

murrieta angler
11-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Good job out there CK,
Let me know how the sargo taste..please!
Robert
<><

cklovetofish
11-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Good job out there CK,
Let me know how the sargo taste..please!
Robert
<><

Yum yum. Really nice and sweet and juicy. Better than sand bass or calico for sure.