PDA

View Full Version : south o.c. heart breaker

efrain
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Went out to laguna yesterday 11-9-11,was fishing some boilers, first cast with a 5in. big wammer, and hit. Thought i had hit kelp, nope i hooked into my biggest calico, the thing probably went 5lbs. I am reeling him in and with 10ft. of landing the thing it swims for a patch of kelp, I try pulling it out of the kelp but wraps it self up. I pull up and pulled the whole thing out of the water,(kelp ,bass and everything , but it is stuck between my line and kelp) i see this thing and its big! it splashes around line goes slack, think I lost it, so I let some line out and bam headshakes start all over again, pull up and slack again, I lost my biggest calico,got frustrated after that , only caught a senorita fish,but on a better note i broke last weeks skunk.:mad:

DockRat
11-10-2011, 09:50 PM
:Bawling: Bummer.
DR

murrieta angler
11-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey Efrain,
Too bad about the lost calico, but at least you saw it..:Smile:
Carlsbad was good yesterday, 4 fish in 3 hours.
Here's one of em;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-80.jpg

23"...:Big Grin:

Robert
<><

efrain
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Nice fish robert, went out to that spot you mentioned we talked about and got a corbina,did not even know they were in that area, anyways nice fish bro, still hoping for my first.