PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake.

fisherman44
11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Went to legg yesterday for a few hours, I saw a bunch of trout swimming around but they didnt go for a single thing. hoping to go back at some point next week.

manuel149
11-10-2011, 06:45 PM
I was there this morning from 8 till about 10:30. Cast out 1st pole with pb. got no love. And on the second rod i was jigging a worm and got my only hookup on the second cast. Might be back 2morow.

Ifishtoolittle
11-10-2011, 08:10 PM
You got to be there on the day of the stock as that is when fishing is at its best. Still, the day after can yield results if you work your *** off.

Cartman
11-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I was there this morning from 8 till about 10:30. Cast out 1st pole with pb. got no love. And on the second rod i was jigging a worm and got my only hookup on the second cast. Might be back 2morow.

It may not mean anything, and it may just be chance, but I have never done well with pb at Legg. What has worked best for me is d/s wacky green trout worm. I will be experimenting this year with other baits.

Breaking Bass
11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
It may not mean anything, and it may just be chance, but I have never done well with pb at Legg. What has worked best for me is d/s wacky green trout worm. I will be experimenting this year with other baits.

I did really well d/s'ing wacky a rigged trout worm up in the sierra's. First time doing it...gonna try it out here.

smokehound
11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
You got to be there on the day of the stock as that is when fishing is at its best. Still, the day after can yield results if you work your *** off.I still do fine even several days after. Whenever I go trout fishing, I always begin with a spoon, I generally get a trout on my first cast (or farm it lol). After that, I switch to a nymph, and get another fish. After that, I switch to a worm, get another one. Then I toss a micro-grub, and get another. The key is to switch your baits around, and keep moving. The trick is to bring as many different kinds of lures as possible. Try to use a different lure than everyone else, especially after they've been hammered the day of stocking.

fisherman44
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
went yesterday caught two bass one bluegill and one trout wasn't that bad.

Ifishtoolittle
11-14-2011, 11:10 PM
I still do fine even several days after. Whenever I go trout fishing, I always begin with a spoon, I generally get a trout on my first cast (or farm it lol). After that, I switch to a nymph, and get another fish. After that, I switch to a worm, get another one. Then I toss a micro-grub, and get another. The key is to switch your baits around, and keep moving. The trick is to bring as many different kinds of lures as possible. Try to use a different lure than everyone else, especially after they've been hammered the day of stocking.

I'll keep that in mind as trout are not my main quarry, and I tend to be very stubborn with changing baits. Thanks.

Ifishtoolittle
11-14-2011, 11:10 PM
went yesterday caught two bass one bluegill and one trout wasn't that bad.

Nice. Those are some solid results.