PDA

View Full Version : Epic day at da' Vine

hooks
11-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey Viners,
Arrived at 5am to find 20 cars. Everyone looks to be avoiding the rain. By 6 the 1st 2 lanes are completely full of eager fishermen. Launched and headed back to the flats. The water temp was 64 - 66*. The brown trout were jumping out of the water everywhere for about 3 hours. The catfish were on the chew, WIDE OPEN :EyePop: all day long. I was getting hammered on the shrimp. Not to be out done, the trout were slamming the trusty bobber/crawler combo (great fun). Trollers going by raved about all the big fish they were catching. Everyone seemed to have some trout. And the angler in the know had both trout and catfish. One could have easliy caught double limits of both trout and kitties today. It was EPIC.
Also beware of what maybe a very large mountain lion prowling the back creek side of the flats. Prints of a huge cat have been seen, so tread back there on shore lightly :Shocked:
I am shocked by the amount of brown trout I have seen over the last 2 trips. It's gonna be a great season.
tight lines.....

TheAsianGuy
11-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the report. Looks like we'll be heading over there soon.

snslarison
11-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Those kinds of days are the best.

mjc89
11-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Awsome. You were fishing from shore?

Rooster
11-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Great report. My dad was out today on the water and had great results as well. Props

Seņor.Chilax
11-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Sounds too good to be true. Where are all the picture? I don't believe it 'till i see it... HAHAHA! Just messing Hooks. Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to hook on to one of those browns. Go get 'em!

Hitts0n
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh the big cat prints back there was just Troutman65! He told me he could leave foot prints back there so he
had to put on a fury jump suit! Brown trout huh.....good info! I'm still trying to figure out where do I want to fish this weekend.
Boat or shore!

get some
11-13-2011, 06:59 PM
thanks for the report

dixoncider
11-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Now that sounds like some good fishing....thanks for the report..