PDA

View Full Version : Nov 8,9: Two Sturgeon Keepers on Suisun Bay!

FishWisher
11-10-2011, 05:13 PM
After declaring my Delta salmon season over last week (skunked) it was time to head for Suisun Bay on the California Delta, near Pittsburg and Antioch, CA, and get my sturgeon season under way.

I arrived at my honey hole on Suisun Bay about 1130 Tuesday morning. A huge outgoing tide was predicted and the weather guesser promised light winds. It doesn't get any better on Suisun!

During the huge outgo, I reeled in two nice sturgies. The first at 1730 was likely a keeper at about 46" (I didn't bring him aboard for a measure) but I released him to grow bigger. An hour later I had a suicide hit on steroids unlike any sturgeon I've ever caught - he was like a freight train taking that bait! I got him to the boat in about 15 minutes, and chose to keep that one. He measured 59 inches and weighed 45 lbs.

Both came on eel and during that big outgoing current. I spent the night aboard and headed back upriver to Rio Vista the next morning.

Lots more photos, a couple of short videos of the night on Suisun, and more story on my homepage:
http://fishwisher.wordpress.com/2011/11/10/two-keeper-sturgeon-on-suisun-bay/

-Dale

Mods: My site has no forum and nothing for sale; it's just my fishing photos and stories.

trail blazer
03-22-2012, 02:02 PM
NICEEEEEEEEEEEE

WTG on the DINO,S NICEEEEEEEEEEE

Keep those northern reports coming please,,,,,,,,Great stuff,,,,,,,NICEEEBOAT!

TRAIL BLAZER