PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Corona Lake (11/10/11)

CrownTown
11-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Went to Corona around 9, tried the jigs and spoons again and still nothing. Put on some powerbait and inflated nightcrawlers and the action started to pick up. Fishing was slow until close to 2, but then broke wide open. Both my girlfriend and I caught our limits over by the dam. It was pretty crowded, but we still managed to squeeze into a spot. Largest fish was just under 4 lbs and over 20" long. The weather was perfect and we had a blast. Still haven't gotten a chance to tube for trout yet, but if the action remains like this I'll be out there soon.

luckyjr21
11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Nice report , did they stock today?

TheHegemon
11-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Were you fishing from shore or boat?

prem205
11-10-2011, 06:36 PM
What?!? Cant be serious? Haha, me and my buddy left at 12, damn we soulda stayed.
Im the skinny guy in shorts w/ sunglasses that was throwing the orange lip ripperz with you :)

mjc89
11-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Awsome catch. I knew the sierra bows would make the fishing pick up.

Troutman65
11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Nice going on the trout . Thanks for the report

CrownTown
11-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Ya they stocked today before I arrived and we were just fishing from shore. Bite turned wide open for people on boats or anyone who threw powerbait or crawlers WAY out there. The big fish only hit the inflated crawlers, smaller ones powerbait. Used a half ounce weight an threw it as far as I could. Even snapped my line once since weight was kind of heavy...

Prem 205- Did you end up getting anything other than those 2 trout? I couldn't really use plastics because my girlfriend wanted me to sit down with her the whole time :/

DeepInTheWoods
11-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Way to go out there bro !!!!!

Kelster
11-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Way to stick it out. I have had better luck later in the day also so far this year.

CrownTown
11-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if any one of those trout are tail walkers? I'm not sure of the differences between the trout yet...

Mr T-rex
11-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know if any one of those trout are tail walkers? I'm not sure of the differences between the trout yet... i think all the darker ones would be sierra bows but then again im not to sure.. i think i see 2 tailwalkers ..fish #5 & #7

Island Fish
11-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Nice catch it's a real fisherman who fights that skunk all day and pulls out a limit in the end, good job. Bye the way "Could'nt really use plastics cause my girlfriend wanted me to sit down with her the whole time" is the funniest thing I read all morning!

prem205
11-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Ya they stocked today before I arrived and we were just fishing from shore. Bite turned wide open for people on boats or anyone who threw powerbait or crawlers WAY out there. The big fish only hit the inflated crawlers, smaller ones powerbait. Used a half ounce weight an threw it as far as I could. Even snapped my line once since weight was kind of heavy...

Prem 205- Did you end up getting anything other than those 2 trout? I couldn't really use plastics because my girlfriend wanted me to sit down with her the whole time :/

Damn....now i really gotta invest in a float tube. Was jealous of all those tubers launching in and out...lol. Those guys out there were catching all day. The shore guys had a sllloooowww bite.

And nope, all i got was those 2, my buddy had to take off early.

phishin phool
11-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Great second report C-Town, great job sticking it out and adapting to conditions and congrats on the nice fish. Hard to tell in your pics what is what, the last pic with you holding the big un, that one looks like a tailwalker. The easiest way to tell the difference between Sierra Bows and Tailwalkers is the pick/red pectoral fins and a the brighter pink color on the gillplates of the Tailwalkers.
Does anyone know if any one of those trout are tail walkers? I'm not sure of the differences between the trout yet...