PDA

View Full Version : Battle in the surf2!strange visitor,,

keepemlo
11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Sorry late report,anyway went to "the spot"me and the bro got there gray light just like we planned
Temp 60
Water .clear light salad.
Surf 3 to 4ft
Rod.7ft clarus ( hate it)
Reel lhluna (love it)
Working the surf don't really see any trenches throwing blk anchovy lc..lo and behold we star picking up small perch..ok action is action then I get a nice hit kinda heavy but nothing like that lad banjo ,,anyway small batray finally gives up I'm really happy for my bro he's new to fishing and at think he looks at results as a testimony of fishing success ..instead of just loveing being out there anyway I walk until o see a real clear area I cast kinda far out this time so the waves can push it sideways and powwow!bend goes the old rod man I'm holding on and not liking my drag setting now but with this new reel I can't remember which way to turn the star drag ,I can't figure this fish out no headshakes nice speed on the runs lotta power!after a thirty minute battle he becomes manageable (is it me out o shape man I was breathing hard)he still keeps making runs I'm kinda nervous I don't want him in th salad that might give him the added wieght he needs to give me the slip!,I see color hey hey it's a stripper!!!!

Cangler
11-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Sorry late report,anyway went to "the spot"me and the bro got there gray light just like we planned
Temp 60
Water .clear light salad.
Surf 3 to 4ft
Rod.7ft clarus ( hate it)
Reel lhluna (love it)
Working the surf don't really see any trenches throwing blk anchovy lc..lo and behold we star picking up small perch..ok action is action then I get a nice hit kinda heavy but nothing like that lad banjo ,,anyway small batray finally gives up I'm really happy for my bro he's new to fishing and at think he looks at results as a testimony of fishing success ..instead of just loveing being out there anyway I walk until o see a real clear area I cast kinda far out this time so the waves can push it sideways and powwow!bend goes the old rod man I'm holding on and not liking my drag setting now but with this new reel I can't remember which way to turn the star drag ,I can't figure this fish out no headshakes nice speed on the runs lotta power!after a thirty minute battle he becomes manageable (is it me out o shape man I was breathing hard)he still keeps making runs I'm kinda nervous I don't want him in th salad that might give him the added wieght he needs to give me the slip!,I see color hey hey it's a stripper!!!!

Lots of strippers in LA .....

midgettosser1
11-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Lots of strippers in LA .....

I wonder if it was one of those Flappy Meat Curtain Strippers. Def throw those back.

murrieta angler
11-10-2011, 03:32 PM
No Picture?!?

Dude,
If in fact you caught a striper in the surf, you have done what alot of us would love to do.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

bones
11-10-2011, 07:37 PM
I wonder if it was one of those Flappy Meat Curtain Strippers. Def throw those back.

I hear that they whistle if you CPR them just right:ROFL:

Great job on the "STRIPER" aka "Lineside" aka "Jailbird"
Is it just me but in reading your story/report......It doesn't seem to have a happy ending or a sad one....I'm still hanging on for the end result!

Ya gotta love the Luna though......Can't say enough good about those reels. That striper must have been HUGH if you were on her for 30 minutes. Did you put her on the sand?

Newfishsmell
11-14-2011, 01:51 PM
$tripper or striper from the surf ... either way I'm impressed !!

Sounds like it was one tough battle .

Thanks for the report keepemlo .