PDA

View Full Version : Too Windy and Cold

superbigfish
11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
To windy and cold this morning, so I did a 30 minute session and head home. Caught a nice little skunk.

madbass
11-09-2011, 05:24 PM
i was there on monday and as soon as the moon dipped behind the mountains, it got very cold....
was there any shad?

thanks.

koifish
11-09-2011, 05:49 PM
I was about to go but it was windy as I got out of the house.

superbigfish
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
There were very few shad. Those guys with the sabiki had some luck, saw about 5 total in a bucket.

fishrdi30
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
We were there also...cold & windy for sure! We checked every cove on the lake for bait multiple time... It seems that all the Shad started making the big move out to deeper water for the winter with this last series of fronts. Shad can make a huge move in 1 day so they might pop back up again if we get some good weather but I think for the most part it may be over for Shad this year. There was basically nothing but skinnys in most of the coves & the only ball of shad that was anywhere close to making was at the West Ramp out about 20ft from shore. We did run into 2 very small boils that were over quick, however the fish were in the 10-15lb class, my buddy connected with 1 that went almost 15 but that was about it for the day. Time for the first trout plant already, were past due for one! Bring on the big bait window!

russ88
11-10-2011, 09:45 PM
We were there also...cold & windy for sure! We checked every cove on the lake for bait multiple time... It seems that all the Shad started making the big move out to deeper water for the winter with this last series of fronts. Shad can make a huge move in 1 day so they might pop back up again if we get some good weather but I think for the most part it may be over for Shad this year. There was basically nothing but skinnys in most of the coves & the only ball of shad that was anywhere close to making was at the West Ramp out about 20ft from shore. We did run into 2 very small boils that were over quick, however the fish were in the 10-15lb class, my buddy connected with 1 that went almost 15 but that was about it for the day. Time for the first trout plant already, were past due for one! Bring on the big bait window!

I was there sunday... Big stripers were boiling all around me but couldn't get them on the sammy n lipless cranks. I made tons of bait from the west ramp. My buddy even tried bait but still couldnt get em... I can see big striper tails but i guess they just wanted to say hi... Just wasn't my day.

TroutOnly
11-11-2011, 07:35 AM
HEY RUSS IF THERE BOILING THROW A FLOATING LURE AND WORK THE SURFACE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,