PDA

View Full Version : bobcat hunting

shakesmvl
11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
If anyone wants to bobcat hunt around lake piru pm me Will start late next week Ihave new foxpro call and maps

Troutman65
11-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Why would you want to kill the Kitty Kitty ? It's not like your going to eat it .

mjc89
11-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Dang id like to go hunt bob cat. What caliber is needed to hunt them. I mostly deer hunt and bird hunt.

old pudd fisher
11-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Would rather get a nice shot of the cat with my Nikon Camera, but if thats your thing injoy :Neutral:

shakesmvl
11-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I am using a 12 g shotgun

mjc89
11-07-2011, 10:16 PM
I have a 20ga Remington 870. That area is a lead free area right?

youngfish
11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm down. Let's talk details

kaneo
11-08-2011, 06:35 AM
how about i come over and shoot your dog and cat.... leave the bobcats alone. and i would be willing to bet that bobcats and mountian lions are illegal to hunt down here in so.cal. ? even coyotees are illegal to kill... bobcats are some of the most beautiful cats around, and serve a purpose in our eco system... if you want to shoot bobcat go to montana.. leave piru's cats alone... and since the dfg watches this site, you might not want to post shooting bobcats on here anyway...

Ducttapeking
11-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Coyotes are varmints can be takin at any time in any way unless something has changed in the last year or so

NFCD I
11-08-2011, 07:33 AM
You can hunt bobcat in California. I like mine with garlic and a little catnip on the side. (Just stirring the pot)

tree
11-08-2011, 07:46 AM
damn, you can hunt them. requires tags
Bobcat Tags $15.38
(5 tags per book) Resident and nonresident licensed hunters may purchase one (1) book of five (5) Bobcat Tags per license year. Tags are nonrefundable and nontransferabl

from DFG website. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/hunting/huntdescrip.html

Q: What do I need to hunt bobcat?

A: A valid annual California hunting license and bobcat tags.

Q: What is the minimum age to purchase bobcat tags?

A: Since bobcats are nongame animals, no minimum age is required.

Q: How do I purchase bobcat tags?

A: Bobcat tags are available at DFG License Sales Offices by mail by using the Hunting License Mail Order Form or select License Agents. You must present your original hunting license at the time of purchase.

Q: How many bobcat tags can I purchase?

A: Bobcat tags are sold as a booklet of five tags, a hunter can only purchase one booklet per license year.

:( :( :( :(

DockRat
11-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Try shooting Mice or Rats if you have any skills, more of a challenge. Kill off Bobcats then we will have a
Rodent or Rabbit over population infestation.
Mouse Plague 1993
DR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkTBPk1kunA

DockRat
11-08-2011, 07:52 AM
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/jahna911/Bobcat%20and%20White%20Tail%20Deer%20Pelts/bobcat.jpg

tree
11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/jahna911/Bobcat%20and%20White%20Tail%20Deer%20Pelts/bobcat.jpg
goddamn thats a gorgeous pelt. :/ now im ambivalent. mixed feelings for sure.

DockRat
11-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Simple but delicious Bobcat recipe.

Wrap Bobcat backstrap with fresh chitlins.

Boil for one hour.

Enjoy. It's fantastic. Don't spoil the delicate
taste with any seasoning.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1998123/6

City Dad
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Recently there has been a great public outcry in opposition to the hunting of bobcats for sport.

Any avid bobcat hunters seriously interested in preserving their sport should visit this site:

CatSport.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ)

Cangler
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Recently there has been a great public outcry in opposition to the hunting of bobcats for sport.

Any avid bobcat hunters seriously interested in preserving their sport should visit this site:

CatSport.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ)

We ( My wife ) have 6 bloody cats . Please come over if you
need some target practice ....

City Dad
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
We ( My wife ) have 6 bloody cats . Please come over if you
need some target practice ....

Ah ha... you've been cat rolled!!! mu hahahhahhahaaaa

DarkShadow
11-08-2011, 02:43 PM
DFG have tags for moronic humans?

Or do we have to let mother nature run its course for their removal from the planet?

smokehound
11-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Show a petition to ban this, and I will sign it with a metallic marker.

99 percent of people shooting cats dont protect themselves against dangerous diseases.

Canine Distemper, Rabies, Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, and a wide range of others can be transmitted and spread.

Then y'all wonder why your neighbor's dog suddenly dropped dead at the age of 3.

You can carry the virus, and give it to your own pet.

shakesmvl
11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I have a 20ga Remington 870. That area is a lead free area right?

yes it is i am using bismith

shakesmvl
11-08-2011, 09:13 PM
i did not know this was a peta site if you do not lke hunting move on if there was a shortage of bobcats they would not give tags out

mjc89
11-08-2011, 09:28 PM
yes it is i am using bismith

Slug or buckshot?

smokehound
11-08-2011, 09:41 PM
i did not know this was a peta site if you do not lke hunting move on if there was a shortage of bobcats they would not give tags outOh shuddap, I'm not an eco-nut. I'm just saying, go for bigger game, like deer or Raiders Fans. *hides*

shakesmvl
11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Slug or buckshot?

triple b shot same as i use on goose

SDDave
11-09-2011, 02:33 PM
i did not know this was a peta site if you do not lke hunting move on if there was a shortage of bobcats they would not give tags out

Why don't you read the name of the site.... Fishing Network.....

BiGPaC
11-09-2011, 03:06 PM

Funny, because on my computer this thread comes up under "General," sub heading "Non-Fishing."

Just saying...

Bobcats are a predator and they prey on many other game animals that many on here support hunting, including deer, turkey, quail...

There are plenty of bobcats in CA, the number killed by hunters does not harm their overall numbers.

Jason

BiGPaC
11-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Just as a follow up, as I am typing this i am looking at a side banner ad for "Gander Mtn: Shop all the best hunting gear," I was also just looking at the DVL page and the top banner ad was for the "Concealed Carry Report."

smokehound
11-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Funny, because on my computer this thread comes up under "General," sub heading "Non-Fishing."

Just saying...

Bobcats are a predator and they prey on many other game animals that many on here support hunting, including deer, turkey, quail...

There are plenty of bobcats in CA, the number killed by hunters does not harm their overall numbers.

JasonThank you for displaying a classic example of the Tragedy of the Commons. With that attitude, bobcats will go extinct before you know it. Oh, and BTW there has never been evidence of a Bobcat killing an adult deer. There's nothing wrong with hunting, provided you EAT THE ******* THING.

Cangler
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Thank you for displaying a classic example of the Tragedy of the Commons. With that attitude, bobcats will go extinct before you know it. Oh, and BTW there has never been evidence of a Bobcat killing an adult deer. There's nothing wrong with hunting, provided you EAT THE ******* THING.

Mmm
Tasty p$ssy ....

DarkShadow
11-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Just as a follow up, as I am typing this i am looking at a side banner ad for "Gander Mtn: Shop all the best hunting gear," I was also just looking at the DVL page and the top banner ad was for the "Concealed Carry Report."

Ahh, good ole Google Ad Sense.

BiGPaC, Google analyzes your browsing history to determine what type of ads to put on your screen.

Those aren't put there by the website. They're put there due to your browsing habits, and the content that is generated from the post.

(Don't know why I have a Robbins Brothers ad myself...perhaps Google is telilng me that if I do buy a $15,000 diamond ring, i should get shot like a bobcat)

BiGPaC
11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Ahh, good ole Google Ad Sense.

BiGPaC, Google analyzes your browsing history to determine what type of ads to put on your screen.

Those aren't put there by the website. They're put there due to your browsing habits, and the content that is generated from the post.

(Don't know why I have a Robbins Brothers ad myself...perhaps Google is telilng me that if I do buy a $15,000 diamond ring, i should get shot like a bobcat)

That is interesting, I did not know that. I guess that post was off the mark then...

I guess we know what I look at on the internet. :Cool:

Jason

BiGPaC
11-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Thank you for displaying a classic example of the Tragedy of the Commons. With that attitude, bobcats will go extinct before you know it. Oh, and BTW there has never been evidence of a Bobcat killing an adult deer. There's nothing wrong with hunting, provided you EAT THE ******* THING.

I don't think I said anything about "adult" deer.

Hmmm... tragedy of the commons... I am pretty sure that after Hardin came up with that idea he later clarified it to reflect more appropriately the tragedy of the unmanaged commons. There is a pretty clear system of management in place regarding hunting. Not saying that I agree with the system of management all the time, but there is definately a system of management in place.

Ducttapeking
11-09-2011, 04:21 PM
If bobcats coyotes and other predators were to never be hunted then they would be overpopulated and starve to death anyway a few here and there just to keep them from getting out of control don't hurt

On another note in the last few years deer hunting in ca has sure takin a dive they just seem to be getting smaller and smaller never much more than a forkie anymore at least in my experience

Been thinking cleaning up the ole mini14 and doin some varmint hunting maself

DarkShadow
11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
On another note in the last few years deer hunting in ca has sure takin a dive ...

Now, can that be attributed to the DFGs lack of resources to actually ascertain a certain population of deer and THEN ascertain how many tags they should be selling? You know, kinda how they have been mismanaging the striper fishery in California for decades?

Or am I to believe that apex predators have increased in population so much, that they are eating all the deer? A combination of both?

Ducttapeking
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Dfg don't have enough money to do research and see how many deer are actually takin they just know how many tags are sold I'm sure a lot more deer tags are sold then bobcat

I think that all hunters should have to report their success to dfg kinda like they do for bear tags after so many are takin season closed

smokehound
11-09-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't think I said anything about "adult" deer.

Hmmm... tragedy of the commons... I am pretty sure that after Hardin came up with that idea he later clarified it to reflect more appropriately the tragedy of the unmanaged commons. There is a pretty clear system of management in place regarding hunting. Not saying that I agree with the system of management all the time, but there is definately a system of management in place.Management? You're forgetting the people who run this state <=\

smokehound
11-09-2011, 05:41 PM
If bobcats coyotes and other predators were to never be hunted then they would be overpopulated and starve to death anyway a few here and there just to keep them from getting out of control don't hurt

On another note in the last few years deer hunting in ca has sure takin a dive they just seem to be getting smaller and smaller never much more than a forkie anymore at least in my experience

Been thinking cleaning up the ole mini14 and doin some varmint hunting maselfNow what kind of stupid **** is this? Bobcats do not explode in population like deer and rabbits do, neither do coyotes. They're lucky enough to get a single pup or kitten to survive. Like all cats, the males have a habit of killing kittens to force a female into estrus. Other Lynx genus cats are in serious trouble, like the iberian lynx.

Bobcats aren't like domestic cats, the males dont gather in groups, and they do NOT form colonies.

Ducttapeking
11-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Now what kind of stupid **** is this? Bobcats do not explode in population like deer and rabbits do, neither do coyotes. They're lucky enough to get a single pup or kitten to survive. Like all cats, the males have a habit of killing kittens to force a female into estrus. Other Lynx genus cats are in serious trouble, like the iberian lynx.

Bobcats aren't like domestic cats, the males dont gather in groups, and they do NOT form colonies.

Well aint chew da smart one I reckon u sure are an opinionated feller I reckon u should run for da president of the American land and go save da bobcat poperlation

While I don't care to shoot bobcats coyotes are my fav got one with a 30.06 one time boy u should have seen dat feller spin

God bless America Copenhagen and ice cold Coors original lol

Ducttapeking
11-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah coyotes aren't overpopulated bs
There's a hell of a lot more than what u see from your Prius drivin down the road

fishmounter
11-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Smokehound, can I shake your hand?... You've said it all for me. Except why the F would anyone want to shoot a beautiful animal that they are not going to eat? (they won't eat it) For the skin? If they are lucky and do more than fatally wounding it, they are going to just leave it dead where they shot it or possibly it might make it into a trash can. I Don't understand these "sportsmen".

shakesmvl
11-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Now what kind of stupid **** is this? Bobcats do not explode in population like deer and rabbits do, neither do coyotes. They're lucky enough to get a single pup or kitten to survive. Like all cats, the males have a habit of killing kittens to force a female into estrus. Other Lynx genus cats are in serious trouble, like the iberian lynx.

they have done studies on coyotes you kill 99 percent for 3 years and there will still to many they can breed every 6 weeks

smokehound
11-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah coyotes aren't overpopulated bs
There's a hell of a lot more than what u see from your Prius drivin down the road Very presumptuous of you. lol Prius.

(not that there's anything wrong with the Prius, it's a good car, saves you TONS of money, and it's silent, lets you creep up on your kids when they ditch school.)

Sounds to me like you're compensating for something with that attitude, and desire to shoot animals just for the sake of killing them.

Coyotes aren't overpopulated. The problem is, we're encroaching on their land, destroying habitat for their prey, and tantalizing them with delicious little rat-dogs, often left unattended.

Its when all these hillside soccer-moms lose a pet (or small child) to a coyote, that the media blows things way out of proportion, which is where the whole "overpopulated" lie comes from.

Hey, I think I found some of your friends!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRyGHD9zlm8

mjc89
11-09-2011, 11:10 PM
triple b shot same as i use on goose

For sure. Sucks that im busy these next couple of week otherwise id go with you. Im even working Sundays :/

tpfishnfool
11-10-2011, 07:46 AM
I would rather go shoot CANS............

DarkShadow
11-10-2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.quickmedical.com/images/blog/RedRiderBBgun.jpg

City Dad
11-10-2011, 08:56 AM
WHEN THEY OUTLAW BOBCAT HUNTING ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE... no, wait, that's not what I'm trying to say.

THEY CAN HAVE MY BOBCAT WHEN THEY PRY IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD... hang on, that ain't right either.

KILL MY BOBCAT ONCE, SHAME ON... dang!

I KILL STUFF FOR FUN, LIKE HITCH-HIKERS AND... oh, no that's not right either.

Hey, what were we talking about?

Nessie Hunter
11-10-2011, 09:10 AM
ROTFLMOA @ City Dad........ Thanks for the chuckle....

Troutman65
11-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I understand hunting for food. Hunting for a trophy to just hang on the wall is just so 1950's

Viejo
11-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I quit hunting in 1970 when I got back from my second tour overseas. It just seems pretty senseless to me to kill something I wouldn't eat although I still have a number of friends who hunt and eat what they kill. I am happy to get the feathers from my Chukar, Quail, Duck hunting friends to tie flies with. Where we live, we have large numbers of Coyote...Fox...Bobcat and an occasional Bear and Mountain Lion. As I type this, 3 coveys of quail are picking over the hay leavings.

Dr. MindBendo
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Yee haw! Haven't read a good hillbilly thread in awhile. Never been a fan of hunting. Just doesn't make sense to me to kill a unknowing, defenseless animal. I also highly doubt the Bobcat is thriving in So. Cal.

Cangler
11-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Now, can that be attributed to the DFGs lack of resources to actually ascertain a certain population of deer and THEN ascertain how many tags they should be selling? You know, kinda how they have been mismanaging the striper fishery in California for decades?

Or am I to believe that apex predators have increased in population so much, that they are eating all the deer? A combination of both?

Stripers eat deer now ? . Damn I'll stop using trout then ...

white belt
11-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Killing for skins... SMH...

shakesmvl
11-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Very presumptuous of you. lol Prius.

(not that there's anything wrong with the Prius, it's a good car, saves you TONS of money, and it's silent, lets you creep up on your kids when they ditch school.)

Sounds to me like you're compensating for something with that attitude, and desire to shoot animals just for the sake of killing them.

Coyotes aren't overpopulated. The problem is, we're encroaching on their land, destroying habitat for their prey, and tantalizing them with delicious little rat-dogs, often left unattended.

Its when all these hillside soccer-moms lose a pet (or small child) to a coyote, that the media blows things way out of proportion, which is where the whole "overpopulated" lie comes from.

Hey, I think I found some of your friends!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRyGHD9zlm8

i guess i need to end this all i wanted was a nother legal hunter to hunt with you people are to much its ok to fish in spots that are posted but legal hunting is bad thats bs

shakesmvl
11-11-2011, 11:25 AM
this got to out of hand i did not ask what your views are on legal hunting. I was just looking for someone to hunt with. I moved here 6 yrs ago, Just wondered I someone wanted to go hunting with me.

mil sonrisas
11-11-2011, 11:40 AM
no need to apologize shakes. i grew up hunting and fishing, and they were by far the one thing i loved doing with my family. now i only fish and havent had a chance to hunt. while growing up i often sat in the deer stand and saw bobcats running across the senderos and always had to think really hard about wether it was a good idea to shoot or not. i never did, they were just too beautiful to shoot. other people in our camp did shoot, and quite a few. it never bothered me because i believe in an individuals personal choice. wether i think it's wrong or right shouldnt matter on what you do. you enjoy yourself and be safe!

Troutman65
11-11-2011, 01:04 PM
this got to out of hand i did not ask what your views are on legal hunting. I was just looking for someone to hunt with. I moved here 6 yrs ago, Just wondered I someone wanted to go hunting with me.

Nothing wrong in hunting . I like to hunt . Hunting for food is one thing . Hunting the Bob Cat ( I like to call Kitty kitty ) is a another . Trophy hunting I will call it . I think If you were asking to deer hunt it might be another story all together . People can relate to hunting to food . Hunting just to kill some beautiful creature that is so majestic in nature is just not cool anymore . You have every right to hunt what you want with in the law . Good luck and I hope that works for you .

DarkShadow
11-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Yee haw! Haven't read a good hillbilly thread in awhile.

Aww, cmon, you know the ole paisas love to go on 'cacerķa' excursions, where they pack more Tecates than bullets. Makes 'em feel at home.

Then they make some mean venado to go with the rabbits that they shoot.

Anyhow, never eaten bobcat before.

I was taught 1 thing by my grandfather.

"If you shoot it, you have to eat it."

Well he taught me 2 things, but the advice to never to date women who drink Jack straight, and have tattoos of daggers, but that's another story for another time.

But, for conveniences sake, I'd rather go to Ralphs to buy my steak, rather than shooting a cow and trying to butcher while it hangs upside down from a tree.

Poxy Boggards
11-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I agree with an earlier poster. Go hunting with your camera unless you plan to eat what you kill.

Cangler
11-11-2011, 02:36 PM
But, for conveniences sake, I'd rather go to Ralphs to buy my steak, rather than shooting a cow and trying to butcher while it hangs upside down from a tree.

Road kill is far tastier ...

Troutman65
11-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Road kill is far tastier ...

Cangler, let me know when you get some opossum . I 'll be over for some stew . I'll bring some recipe for us to sip on .

Kelster
11-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Cangler, let me know when you get some opossum . I 'll be over for some stew . I'll bring some recipe for us to sip on .

12 year old single barrel Kentucky Bourbon :Big Grin:

DockRat
11-11-2011, 04:32 PM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/jeanettestaxidermy/Hunting/bobcat.jpg

Road kill is far tastier ... http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Holidays/thm_phppPqJBK.gif

Texas style, looks like a few Coyotes behind.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/easttexas4/IMG_3689.jpg
DR

Troutman65
11-11-2011, 10:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150339289423596