PDA

View Full Version : Sarl 11/5

Mr T-rex
11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Went fishing with my brother saturday morning for some trout and we did pretty good. We landed our limit fishing at the sandy beach using powermouse.. the trout bite was fair for a first trout stocking & we also landed this beautiful 8lber... well i think its 8 lbs u be the judge
http://http://i.imgur.com/1HRQx.jpg

phishin phool
11-07-2011, 06:08 PM
8?:ROFL:bout 3 1/2 to maybe 4lb.

fish-o-haulic
11-07-2011, 06:11 PM
If its even 4lb. probably 3-31/2. trout look bigger than what they are.

mjc89
11-07-2011, 06:19 PM
No where near 8lbs. Did you even weigh it or guestimate?

Troutman65
11-07-2011, 06:20 PM
You can buy a digi scale that are fairly accurate for about $20 something . Nice going on the trout at SARL . Thanks for the post . They have a scale up at the tackle shop anyone can use .

angelsfan951
11-07-2011, 06:30 PM
way to go out there but i agree with others i don't think thats anything close to 8 pounds but nice fish anyways

fish-o-haulic
11-07-2011, 07:00 PM
HAHA he said 8lbs haha lol.

Frequent Flyer
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
haha he thought...

luckyjr21
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
the trick is to hold it with two hands stretch it out as much as you can and hold right in front of the camera while you are standing two feet behind it and then it looks like a 8 pounder. like they do at the vine.LOL

Mr T-rex
11-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Lmao that's what you call haters.. No where near 8lbs are you serious, I guess it looks smaller in the picture cuz I am 100% sure that its either a 7lb or 8lb..Haters lmao gotta love em :)

luckyjr21
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I thought the camera added 10 pounds?

mjc89
11-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Most of the people who posted are experienced trout fisherman and can tell the weight of a fish just by looks. You should have weighed it at the bait shop and took a picture. Then you wouldnt have as many doubters.

casting call
11-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Lmao that's what you call haters.. No where near 8lbs are you serious, I guess it looks smaller in the picture cuz I am 100% sure that its either a 7lb or 8lb..Haters lmao gotta love em :)

I dont think theyre hating dude. Its not even close to 6 lbs. If thats an 8lb trout, or even a 7lber, you have to be as big as Shaq Oneil for reference. Nice catch though :Applause:

Surfnsnowboard3
11-07-2011, 10:59 PM
There is no way in hell that's 8 pounds. That's not hating. That's the truth.

IncredibleHuck
11-07-2011, 11:23 PM

Unless that guy in the picture is 6'8", that fish is no bigger then 3 1/2 pounds. Guys are hating, you asked the question, and we are all giving you the real answer!

smokehound
11-07-2011, 11:48 PM
I would have tossed spoons the whole time. I get better trout with spoons no matter where I fish.

1/6 oz Thomas Buoyant gets BIG trout. Bigger hooks= Bigger fish.

The day I went fishing with my niece, I was the only one there that caught a trout on a spoon, they were all using smaller spoons. Everyone kept telling me my spoon was too big, then I caught the biggest trout.

Mr T-rex
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
I would have tossed spoons the whole time. I get better trout with spoons no matter where I fish.

1/6 oz Thomas Buoyant gets BIG trout. Bigger hooks= Bigger fish.

The day I went fishing with my niece, I was the only one there that caught a trout on a spoon, they were all using smaller spoons. Everyone kept telling me my spoon was too big, then I caught the biggest trout. I tried to jig but didnt get any luck.. ill be there this saturday again (:

Mr T-rex
11-08-2011, 10:06 AM
It looks smaller in the picture then because ive caught 3#ers that are smaller than this trout but hey all i know that this trout is over 7lbs Guaranteed.. i guess you have to see it to believe it

phishin phool
11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
There is no way in hell that's 8 pounds. That's not hating. That's the truth.
Yup..........

luckyjr21
11-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Ill be there this saturday too and ill make sure i take my scale. No more fishy business.

Mr T-rex
11-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Ill be there this saturday too and ill make sure i take my scale. No more fishy business.

lol take it bro..

Island Fish
11-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey brotha congrats on the catch with that being said, that trouts 8 lbs like I'm 8 inches we're both coming up a little short. LOL Good Fishing!

Mr T-rex
11-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey brotha congrats on the catch with that being said, that trouts 8 lbs like I'm 8 inches we're both coming up a little short. LOL Good Fishing! lol too funny bro ..

SaOcean
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Nice trout bro. F**k those haters dude.

Mr T-rex
11-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Nice trout bro. F**k those haters dude. Thanks alot bro.. im glad that someone actually believes me .. it looks a little smaller in the picture but im 100% sure that its a 8lber

luckyjr21
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
here we go again.

Mr T-rex
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
here we go again. here we go again ???

Surfnsnowboard3
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
here we go again ???

Yes....it's NOT 8 pounds. But obviously you don't get it.

Mr T-rex
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Yes....it's NOT 8 pounds. But obviously you don't get it. and your point is ???

dfisher
11-08-2011, 07:00 PM
one of the pictures shows an error and won't load, maybe thats the 8 lber he is talking about... but the other picture where the guy is holding the trout with 1 or 2 fingers is nowhere near 4 lbs, let alone 8 lbs..

smokehound
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/smokehound/0926134700.jpg

MY pb bluegill, 1 lb :LOL:

E.A.R.G.
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey Rex.
Nice fish.
Glad you got into them.

Nothing against you as a person, but if your pride will allow it...

Here's a picture of a buddy of mine, Scott Nakano. He fishes SARL even more than I do... and I would like to believe I'm one of SARL's more regular customers.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp304/ericchungw/IMG_0265.jpg

The trout he is holding went just a bit over 3 lbs I believe on a digital scale. Its comparable to the trout your buddy caught. Yours might have maybe a quarter-half pound on his.

Here's a picture of a 10.03 I got last season.
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp304/ericchungw/IMG_0294.jpg
Don't want to steal thunder but its the only picture I have of a fish close to 8 pounds. Your fish seems to be about half the weight of this one.

again, nothing against you as a person, but in my opinion your fish is not 8. I'm sure you'll get an 8+ or better this year with all the time you're putting into the lake.

great fish none the less. Much bigger than anything I caught at Irvine this past weekend. Hope to see you on the shores one day

EARG

vortec_cruiser
11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
I think the important thing here is that this trout is a VERY NICE fish. What it weighs, whether 3 lbs. or 8 lbs., is of minor importance.

luckyjr21
11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
you know what REX, forget all this sh t we just have to get another big one this weekend. will make sure we weight and take the pic .

mjc89
11-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Heres a picture of a 3 lber i caught. Looks around the same size.

SaOcean
11-08-2011, 11:50 PM
This is so funny, I do the same when I catch fishes. I stick them out to make them look huge(like the Asian dude in the baby blue shirt with his trout). With the other Asian guy with his trout, look how he keeps his fish closer to his body... makes the fish looks smaller. Rex, don't trip because these fools weren't there and you wasn't sticking your fish out towards the camera to make it loom big.

sshernandez
11-08-2011, 11:59 PM
@smokehound. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. ........................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............... ......HAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I Haven't laughed this much in a while I even woke up wife..... thanks bro

smokehound
11-09-2011, 01:56 AM
@smokehound. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. ........................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............... ......HAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I Haven't laughed this much in a while I even woke up wife..... thanks bro

Lol sorry about that. As you can see, I'm holding the bluegill so far away from me, and so close to the camera, that the fish looks ENORMOUS. See the plants way down there? Those are trees!

This is so funny, I do the same when I catch fishes. I stick them out to make them look huge(like the Asian dude in the baby blue shirt with his trout). With the other Asian guy with his trout, look how he keeps his fish closer to his body... makes the fish looks smaller. Rex, don't trip because these fools weren't there and you wasn't sticking your fish out towards the camera to make it loom big.Sorry, pal, but we're correct and you simply just aren't. Regardless of how close or far you hold the damn thing means nothing. Human hands are generally the same size, give or take an inch, making measurements quite easy, regardless of perspective. This is why "fist-time" (Not when your sister has an audition, mind you) was invented. Fist-time, is a method of determining how much sunlight is left in a day, commonly used by wilderness survivalists. You take your fist, point it towards the sun, and each fist down equates an Hour, roughly.

hooks
11-09-2011, 07:16 AM
EIGHT pounds? Maybe if you shove 6 pounds of weights down it's throat.
If you want to BS everyone about size, here's a tip, don't post pictures of it.
The guys here are right on when calling you out on this "little tail".
Most of us have actually caught 8 pounders before and this isn't even in the ball park.
EARGs fish are much closer to the mark then that 3 pounder (maybe 3 pounds). :Confused:

E.A.R.G.
11-09-2011, 09:34 AM
SARL's website infers that the biggest trout stocked was 6 pounds. So I guess your fish ate a bunch of shad in the lake.

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Heres a picture of a 3 lber i caught. Looks around the same size. that 3lber looks no where near mine

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
SARL's website infers that the biggest trout stocked was 6 pounds. So I guess your fish ate a bunch of shad in the lake. come on they dont measure every fish in the tank lol but maybe it was 5lbs .. all i know that it was a big trout

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
EIGHT pounds? Maybe if you shove 6 pounds of weights down it's throat.
If you want to BS everyone about size, here's a tip, don't post pictures of it.
The guys here are right on when calling you out on this "little tail".
Most of us have actually caught 8 pounders before and this isn't even in the ball park.
EARGs fish are much closer to the mark then that 3 pounder (maybe 3 pounds). :Confused: wow someone is mad

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
This is so funny, I do the same when I catch fishes. I stick them out to make them look huge(like the Asian dude in the baby blue shirt with his trout). With the other Asian guy with his trout, look how he keeps his fish closer to his body... makes the fish looks smaller. Rex, don't trip because these fools weren't there and you wasn't sticking your fish out towards the camera to make it loom big. exactly my brother was holding it right next to him but its all good.. there all "opinions" ill be out there this saturday again fishing doing what i do

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 10:56 AM
you know what REX, forget all this sh t we just have to get another big one this weekend. will make sure we weight and take the pic .

im with that lucky .. see you at the lake this saturday and bring you scale

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I think the important thing here is that this trout is a VERY NICE fish. What it weighs, whether 3 lbs. or 8 lbs., is of minor importance. thank you vortec .. instead of saying "nice fish" everyone jumps off and says "thats not 8lbs" wow .. its all good though

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey Rex.
Nice fish.
Glad you got into them.

Nothing against you as a person, but if your pride will allow it...

Here's a picture of a buddy of mine, Scott Nakano. He fishes SARL even more than I do... and I would like to believe I'm one of SARL's more regular customers.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp304/ericchungw/IMG_0265.jpg

The trout he is holding went just a bit over 3 lbs I believe on a digital scale. Its comparable to the trout your buddy caught. Yours might have maybe a quarter-half pound on his.

Don't want to steal thunder but its the only picture I have of a fish close to 8 pounds. Your fish seems to be about half the weight of this one.

again, nothing against you as a person, but in my opinion your fish is not 8. I'm sure you'll get an 8+ or better this year with all the time you're putting into the lake.

great fish none the less. Much bigger than anything I caught at Irvine this past weekend. Hope to see you on the shores one day

EARG Nice trout bro i hope i can land a DD this season . maybe im wrong boss it was just a guess
by the way where do you fish at ?? spot

E.A.R.G.
11-09-2011, 01:12 PM
I usually hit up levitz. I hear good things about la palma and that spot you were fishing. I've never fished there myself but I'm going to have to give it a shot!
Plus float tubing is back at SARL, so I'm definitely going to give that a shot! you tube?

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I usually hit up levitz. I hear good things about la palma and that spot you were fishing. I've never fished there myself but I'm going to have to give it a shot!
Plus float tubing is back at SARL, so I'm definitely going to give that a shot! you tube? yeah levitz corner & la palma are always good spots but i usually stay at the sandy beach bcuz it doesnt get to crowded.. nah i dont have one but i want to purchase one .. how much am i looking at in total $$$

Psycho_fish'r
11-09-2011, 01:29 PM

That is a NICE trout!!!

E.A.R.G.
11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
yeah levitz corner & la palma are always good spots but i usually stay at the sandy beach bcuz it doesnt get to crowded.. nah i dont have one but i want to purchase one .. how much am i looking at in total $$$

You can get a basic U-tube for around 100 dollars new. I see them often on classifieds and craigslist. You can pick up a new one for probably around 50 bucks.

You need waders. Big-5 has hodgemans for 60 bucks. You can get a 10 percent off coupon so you get it pretty much 60 out the door.

You can use any ole cheap fins to start for probably around 30 bucks.

The only other thing really is an inflater and a pole holder which you can fashion yourself out of pvc.

So for the budget minded person, you can get going for under 150 bucks!

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 01:49 PM
You can get a basic U-tube for around 100 dollars new. I see them often on classifieds and craigslist. You can pick up a new one for probably around 50 bucks.

You need waders. Big-5 has hodgemans for 60 bucks. You can get a 10 percent off coupon so you get it pretty much 60 out the door.

You can use any ole cheap fins to start for probably around 30 bucks.

The only other thing really is an inflater and a pole holder which you can fashion yourself out of pvc.

So for the budget minded person, you can get going for under 150 bucks! sounds good ill look it up and 150$ sounds perfect.. ill be getting one soon

are you going to sarl this weekend ?

Surfnsnowboard3
11-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Nice trout bro i hope i can land a DD this season . maybe im wrong boss it was just a guess
by the way where do you fish at ?? spot

Seriously? "Maybe I'm wrong" and "it was just a guess". What happened to "it's definitely 8 pounds" and "I'm positive?" you are so full of ****

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Seriously? "Maybe I'm wrong" and "it was just a guess". What happened to "it's definitely 8 pounds" and "I'm positive?" you are so full of ****

lol good job bro.. two thumbs up for you :D

vortec_cruiser
11-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Why is this such a big deal? It was a nice fish, no matter what the weight. :Dead Horse:

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Why is this such a big deal? It was a nice fish, no matter what the weight. :Dead Horse:

lol im with you on that vortec .. i dislike negative people

luckyjr21
11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
it was 8lb dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Mr T-rex
11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
it was 8lb dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!. you tell them lucky

luckyjr21
11-09-2011, 06:21 PM
what kinda of gear you messing with rex?

Mr T-rex
11-10-2011, 10:11 AM
what kinda of gear you messing with rex? to tell you the truth i have so many poles that i take different ones everytime .. you ?

luckyjr21
11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
my go to set up is my phenix mirage and stradic 1000,with freshwater reels i always stick with shimano ,with rods you cant beat phenix and gloomis.

Mr T-rex
11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
my go to set up is my phenix mirage and stradic 1000,with freshwater reels i always stick with shimano ,with rods you cant beat phenix and gloomis.

wow u sure know your stuff
ill check when i get home
where exactly on the sandy beach are you gonna fish at???

luckyjr21
11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
actually if its going to rain im goig stay away from sandy beach because it gets too muddy and slipery going up and down the hill , ill be at levitz or the pump house , by the way im looking to sell some of my abu garcia cardinal reels that i dont use anymore they are real good reels but i have too many and i preffer shimano,

TheHegemon
11-10-2011, 02:00 PM
actually if its going to rain im goig stay away from sandy beach because it gets too muddy and slipery going up and down the hill , ill be at levitz or the pump house , by the way im looking to sell some of my abu garcia cardinal reels that i dont use anymore they are real good reels but i have too many and i preffer shimano,

What size? How much are you willing to let them go for?

Mr T-rex
11-10-2011, 02:00 PM
actually if its going to rain im goig stay away from sandy beach because it gets too muddy and slipery going up and down the hill , ill be at levitz or the pump house , by the way im looking to sell some of my abu garcia cardinal reels that i dont use anymore they are real good reels but i have too many and i preffer shimano, ohh ok well stop by the sandy beach for a bit just to see how the bite is going.. i have so many reels but i wouldnt mind taking a look at them and also my older brother wants to buy a reel so stop by bro..

luckyjr21
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
later today ill post the exact sizes and the price , they are small like shimano 500 or 750 ,i have 3 . i would post pictures but i really dont know how.

Mr T-rex
11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
later today ill post the exact sizes and the price , they are small like shimano 500 or 750 ,i have 3 . i would post pictures but i really dont know how. yeah its pretty hard to post pictures lol some guy told me but i forgot.. sounds good i will let my brother know