PDA

View Full Version : Crystal lake

Lakerfan160
11-07-2011, 03:18 PM
i might hit up crystal lake this week if it doesnt rain or something else happens, since they opened crystal lake road from azusa. i havnt been there since they closed it and i think i was like 8 when i been there ,so im kinda pump to see it again. i will be fishing for some trout, so i have some questions for u guys.

1. are there any special rules i should know, like if i need some barbless hooks to fish the lake

2.will some roostertails, powerworms, or powerbait work:???:

3.do they stock trout or are they native to the lake

4. will 6 pound line work

thx in advance guys:Smile:

kobe
11-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Hey man, I was up there about a month ago or so, thought Id help you out.
1.No special rules, regular hooks are fine
2. Dont know about roostertails, or powerworms but most people were catching pretty good on rainbow powerbait
3. The trout are stockers about 9 inches
4. 6 poind line would probably be a little thick Id go 4 pound or less for the trout

Viejo
11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Calling for up to two feet of snow or five inches of rain starting Friday through Saturday.

Lakerfan160
11-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey man, I was up there about a month ago or so, thought Id help you out.
1.No special rules, regular hooks are fine
2. Dont know about roostertails, or powerworms but most people were catching pretty good on rainbow powerbait
3. The trout are stockers about 9 inches
4. 6 poind line would probably be a little thick Id go 4 pound or less for the trout

thx kobe for the info. did u catch any thing when u went up there.

Lakerfan160
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Calling for up to two feet of snow or five inches of rain starting Friday through Saturday.

yup looks like it, dam:( . maybe i will go next week

kobe
11-09-2011, 11:44 AM
no problem always willing to help out a fellow Lakers fan. I got to the lake late like at 10 am but still caught two trout.

reservoir dog
11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
no problem always willing to help out a fellow Lakers fan. I got to the lake late like at 10 am but still caught two trout.

Maybe you guys will catch some purple and gold trout...:ROFL: Just kidding, the Lakers are my team as well. Fish on!!! :Cold Fishing:

white belt
11-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Hopefully not too many people are fishing this spot. Seems like now would be a great time to hit it. Thanks for the info guys.