PDA

View Full Version : Sunday & Monday TROLL Report ( NO PICS )

Rooster
11-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry because of the rain no camera was on board. Sunday rain and easy limits. Off the water by noon with double limits. All trout caught trolling between 1-2 lbs. Smaller grade but fiesty. Troll speed 1.5 - 1.8. Lure of the day was clown pattern crank flatlined .

Rain did not affect the troll bite at all. The hump was on fire including a nice double.

Monday resulted in the same. Having a hard time finding the bigguns as it appears they have not moved from the cove. Hopefully they will be stocking some toads other then the ramp so they spread out a bit more. Lure of the day was a purple crank.

Both days various patterns and or lures caught trout but to qualify for lure of the day results must be 4 or more put on board. Other standouts in no particular order! Firetiger, pink & shad patterns.

Scents used- Smelly Jelly & Bite On... Bite on garlic had more success!

Don't let the weather detour you from heading out. The troll bite is as good as it gets!

get some
11-07-2011, 01:21 PM
nice report.

i saw this weekend at the back ramp area there was some BIG TOADS swimming the shore line. I'm sure there are big fish back there now.

In your opinion, trolling the 2 product, which one stays on your lures longer? I have tried smelly jelly and pro cure and they stay on longer but it smells up my box. Is Bite-On Garlic the same way? Thanks for your help

TaperSteve
11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Fishing was oustanding this weekend! Good to see you were able to get out there and take advantage of the hot bite! Thanx for posting Rooster!

TS

5150fishn
11-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the report Rooster! Glad you were able to get out on the water. I have yet to get out there but soon it will happen.

candyman
11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Great job its always nice to get limits!

Hometown
11-07-2011, 03:48 PM
thanks for the report see you on the water soon

Boater13
11-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Fishing sounds good. I know its planning to rain all of next weekend but i wanted to go out friday and see what i can get on the troll...do you think the bite is guna slow up because of the weather next weekend?

Rooster
11-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Fishing sounds good. I know its planning to rain all of next weekend but i wanted to go out friday and see what i can get on the troll...do you think the bite is guna slow up because of the weather next weekend?
I would bet Friday is going to be really good out there. Rain or shine!

nice report.

In your opinion, trolling the 2 product, which one stays on your lures longer? I have tried smelly jelly and pro cure and they stay on longer but it smells up my box. Is Bite-On Garlic the same way? Thanks for your help
In my opinion smelly jelly and pro cure are both great products and do stay on longer then Bite-On but that also leeds as you say to a smelly tackle box and alot more mess. I do like the glitter that the smelly jelly offers and have alot of success with that product. Being a smoker, scent is a must have to put numbers on the boat!

Troutman65
11-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Yo Rob, glad you got to get out for some trout . You get to fish with your Pops ? Nice report . Thanks for sharing . Hope to see to see you on the water soon.

the killa fish taco
11-07-2011, 06:42 PM
you are soooooo lucky you didnt go when i was there.... i would have sank you!!!!!:Titanic: lol j/k

glad you made it out bro....

Rooster
11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
you are soooooo lucky you didnt go when i was there.... i would have sank you!!!!!:Titanic: lol j/k

glad you made it out bro....
Nothing i enjoy more then seeing you in my crosshairs when trolling bro. :Guns:

And for the record Bite-On is my favorite scent when money is on the line :Secret:

Patrick get out there bro.

PONTOON
11-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Rob,

Thanks for the report and valuable information and congrats on the double limits as well!:Cool:

As soon as things settle down a little I hope Trolly and I have the opportunity to cross paths with you.:Thumbs Up:

Hitts0n
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh yeah Ro0ster! Great info brotha! See you out there in 2 weeks at the TurkeyBowl 4 aka The first Masters Qualifying Event !! See the team 57 family in 2 weeks!! We will 0wn ! Hell or High waters!!:Twisted::Twisted::Secret:

troutdog
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Lake Pass: $22.00

Coffee and breakfast burrito:$5.00

Favorite trolling lure: $8.99

Vine reports from Rooster (even w/out pics): priceless

:LOL:

TD

karalm
11-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Rooster,
Thanks as always for the info on colors and scents to assist all. You mention "the hump", what is that or area??

hooks
11-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Rooster,
Thanks as always for the info on colors and scents to assist all. You mention "the hump", what is that or area??

Mid lake, off trout island. It's the mystery hump, just like the mystery creek channels that run down the lake.
I fished monday and seen lots of dinkers caught on the troll. Seen some monster browns hanging in 8 inches of water on the boat ramp. The water is STILL a little warm (66*) for trout. Seen quite a few larger models belly up floating the lake.
tight lines.....

karalm
11-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Hooks,
As always thanks for the response and now I remember. Thanks also for the temp. As it keeps cold in the mornings this will keep dropping and since the rain is coming late Friday night, I'm hitting the Vine on the troll this Friday. See you all who attend!!

11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks for taking the time to write up and info...giving it a shot this weekend. IMO I never use scent and smoke. havent had any problem getting limits. Just starting to experiment with the various scents on the market and tend to like the berkey product so far.

MAVERICK27
11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTER!!! Good to see you back on the water. Great report. I need to go out again with you, its been a while. I was going to take the twins tomorrow, but the rain is not good for the lil ones :(

Seņor.Chilax
11-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Rooster, how've you been? Thanks for the report, hope to fish with you soon.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTER!!! Good to see you back on the water. Great report. I need to go out again with you, its been a while. I was going to take the twins tomorrow, but the rain is not good for the lil ones :(

Well look who we have here?... Maverick! It's been awhile. I see by your avatar that you are doing pretty well in the bass department. Way to go my friend. Hope to catch you out in the lake and do some trout fishing, that's if you're still into that type of stuff. HAHAHA!

MAVERICK27
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah Senor Chilax, its been a bit. I have been working my tail off in the bass world. I NEVER forget my roots. I'm sure I can still manage to stir up a couple of trout when I need to :) God has been very good to me this season. I have a shot at Angler of the Year AND a new boat at the Tour Championship in December as a Co-Angler.

Sorry for the partial thread jack Rob :)