PDA

View Full Version : a rough day at the dume...

ZipperWurm
11-07-2011, 12:28 AM
well, i haven't been surf fishing in about 2 months and i got the itch. my brother had never fished from the surf before, so i called him up and told him to come give it a shot with me...probably should have picked a better day than today :Neutral:

arrived at point dume around 3pm in hopes of catching an afternoon bite and to try some shark/ray fishing into the night. aside from it raining earlier in the day, the weather cleared up and it was actually a nice looking afternoon. got down to the water only to find that the waves were completely out of control and the water looked like an all you can eat salad bar!!! decided to not even give the lucky craft or big hammer a try, so my brother and i just stuck to the perch crack to try and land a few. we only managed to land 3 measly little perch, but at least we got the skunk off. it was soooo frustrating out there with the rough swells and all the salad. once the sun went down i tried throwing some freshly cut bait out for the sharks and rays, that only lasted about 20 minutes because i couldn't get my 2oz weight to stay on the bottom with the 50 pounds of salad it was picking up...so we called it. better luck next time i guess.....at least i got my brother on his very first bsp :Smile:

poppin' his perch cherry!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/whitedevilTA/PB060521.jpg

SP Dan
11-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Hey there ZipperWurm!

At least you and your brother made the time for each other and caught some :BFish: as well. Not a bad day!
Sorry to hear about the conditions at PD but at least you both beat the skunk!
Congrat's to your brother on his first BSP! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

Nessie Hunter
11-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Good job......
Some times it is the Journey, Not the destination that matters....
Catching fish is just a bonus most of the time!!
Great afternoon at the beach with your brother... Quality time is important... :-)

fishshep
11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
200yrds. west of where you are standing is usually a good spot too !

Bet ya those Waders come in handy, gettin cold now !!!

labjet2000
11-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Looks like a beautiful day, time with your bro, and from the looks of it, a beach pretty much all to yourselves...
I see no downside... and the fish will always come eventually.

It's been months since I've wet a line and fishing vicariously is better than not fishing at all. Thanks for posting.

ZipperWurm
11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Good job......
Some times it is the Journey, Not the destination that matters....
Catching fish is just a bonus most of the time!!
Great afternoon at the beach with your brother... Quality time is important... :-)

this couldnt be more true :Thumbs Up:

200yrds. west of where you are standing is usually a good spot too !

Bet ya those Waders come in handy, gettin cold now !!!

yeah ive only fished by those rocks one time and lost my LC, so i was kinda discouraged to go back, lol. the waders make it much more enjoyable, cept i need some new ones cuz the left foot just started leaking :Embarrassed:

murrieta angler
11-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Nice report Zipper,
Unfortunately the only way to get better with LC, in those conditions, is to keep doing the same thing till you get the hang of getting out of the rocks with it.
It takes a certain sense of feel and patience but you will get it.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><