PDA

View Full Version : It's finally Friday !

Newfishsmell
11-06-2011, 01:14 PM
After working 8 out of 9 days ... and 12hrs a day ... :EyePop:
Friday was finaly here ... :Big Grin:

I was heading to Oceanside for a couple days to visit family , and maybe get a little fishing time in !

Weapons on hand :Evil:

G-loomis GL2 7' med/light with a Team Daiwa Tierra 2500 Spinner

Team Daiwa Zillion 7' MH with a Daiwa T-3 Ballistic 100H Baitcaster

So it's Friday 11/4- I head down to LB first to see if I can't repeat on another WSB were I caught that
last one just over a week ago.

No such luck , but I did get this small Hali to break in the new reel .
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/100_0408581x600.jpg

Stayed in that area for about an hour to avoid traffic on my way south . Jumped on the
Frwy and it was smooth sailing for the entire drive.

Once in Oceanside I picked up some lunch and headed to the harbor to check out the scene.
It's cold , cloudy and the wind is up !

Even the kiteboarders were packing it up !
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/100_0411.jpg

Oh well , here I am . I decide to fish the harbor side for a bit , I'm casting a 3/8 ounce
leadhead with a 3in BH - and its blowing in the wind like a leaf ... lol

Check out these whitecaps in the harbor ... :EyePop:
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/100_0410.jpg

After surviving hurricane force winds !
I decided to run for cover and some hot tea ... lol

Not having enough punishment the 1st try , I go back out later that same day ... :EyePop:

It's round 2 day one - I hunker down behind some cover and start casting .
About 15 minutes in I get a hello bite , and just that fast - it said goodbye ... lol

I check my bait and see razor like cuts , " Hali I know your down there " . I keep casting to the same area, but no more bites ... :mad:

I move a little further out to try another spot . The wind is blowing good and its starting to rain. I keep casting hoping for just one bite .

A little while later ,I'm slowly winding in my bait when I decide to give up on the retrieve and start cranking faster. As I'm lifting my rod tip up and my swim bait comes out of the water ,
I see this Bass literally jump out of the water chasing it ... :EyePop:

Lesson learned , never give up on your retrieve !

With the dark clouds lingering and my hands going numb .. lol .. I call it a day.
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/100_0412.jpg

Day 2 - Saturday

I head down to the surf in the morning and see its a surfers paradise , huge waves.
And these guys are riding the tubes. Fun to watch.

After some breakfast and family time I manage to set-aside a couple hours mid day
for some more fishing ... :Big Grin:

I head back to the safety of the harbor ... lol
Still a little breezy but the sun is out and theres a strong incoming tide. I stick to the 3in BH and a 3/8 ounce leadhead.

First up was this short Hali , it put up a pretty good fight on 10lb ... :Big Grin:
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/IMAG0047.jpg

Next up and last of the day was this Checker , another strong fighter ... :Big Grin:
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/IMAG0049.jpg

Now that I got a couple I'm feeling a little redeemed and decide to take Mom
out for some chicken pad thai & pineapple fried rice ... mmmm
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/IMAG0050.jpg

Sunday morning 5:45 am and back on the road
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Oceanside%20Harbor/IMAG0051.jpg

On my way home I decide to stop at Sunset Beach to see if the Perch are home. I tie on a kastmaster and head down to the water.

Its overcast and the water is a tad rough ... lol

About 5 minutes in I get hit . I reel it up on the sand (Perch), and just as I'm reaching for my camera - he looks me in the eye and say's ... goodbye sucka ! ... and catches the next wave back out ... lol

I walk about 50 yards down the beach and keep casting , by this time its starting to rain , and my water resistant jacket is no longer resisting the water ... lol

So I work my way back in and keep casting , I farmed about 5 more fish on my way in.
Time to change the hooks on the kastmaster ... lol

Dripping wet and my batteries recharged , I call it a day .

Untill next time.

Ifishtoolittle
11-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Great report! You're nuts for using the Ballistic in the salt!

Newfishsmell
11-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Great report! You're nuts for using the Ballistic in the salt!

They claim its good in salt water , I guess I'll find out .
Hopefully not the hard way ... lol

Thanks IF2L

SP Dan
11-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey there Newfishsmell,

You did a great job of getting out there and also at recharging your Batteries! WTG!

This sounds like this was.... just what the doctor ordered......in order to cure your bad case of the over-work-itis!
I hope the cure worked!
If not...make two casts and call me in the morning!:ROFL:
Warning!! Relapses are known to occur!

Please be mindful about fishing in the rain. :Rain:

Thank you for the splendid report! Nice fish count! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Ifishtoolittle
11-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey there Ifishtoolittle,

You did a great job of getting out there and also at recharging your Batteries! WTG!

This sounds like this was.... just what the doctor ordered......in order to cure your bad case of the over-work-itis!
I hope the cure worked!

Please be mindful about fishing in the rain. :Rain:

SP Dan <"))><

I think you meant to put "Hey there Newfishsmell," :ROFL:.

Newfishsmell
11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Hey there Ifishtoolittle,

I hope the cure worked!

SP Dan <"))><

Hey Dan , you can call me Chuck ... lol

Ya I've been known to have relapses with no cure in sight ... lol

Thanks Dan

I think you meant to put "Hey there Newfishsmell," :ROFL:.

Hey , maybe I do fish too little , that explains why I have that " new fish smell " ... lol

Ifishtoolittle
11-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey , maybe I do fish too little , that explains why I have that " new fish smell " ... lol

lol, love it!

SP Dan
11-06-2011, 07:19 PM
:Embarrassed: Damage control has been completed.....embarrassment......priceless! :ROFL:
It was a innocent mistake and I apologize. Never the less......let us all keep our focus on Newfishsmell's fishing report! Rough fishing conditions and yet produced a fish count! WTG!

I hope to hook up with you on the 19th my friend.

Again, my apologies :Embarrassed:,

SP Dan <"))><

murrieta angler
11-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Hey Chuck,
I wish we could have hit the beach together, but condiitons looked lack luster.
You did well considering, there are usually some dink halibuts in that harbor, but I have never got a legal there.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

keepemlo
11-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Now that's tuff fishing fun never the less ,you really went die hard and came up with a few ...you topped it of with a meal with the moms!that I wish I could do again ,,,thanks for the report

Newfishsmell
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
:Embarrassed: Damage control has been completed.....embarrassment......priceless! :ROFL:
It was a innocent mistake and I apologize. Never the less......let us all keep our focus on Newfishsmell's fishing report! Rough fishing conditions and yet produced a fish count! WTG!

I hope to hook up with you on the 19th my friend.

Again, my apologies :Embarrassed:,

SP Dan <"))><

It's all good SP Dan , I've been called worse ... lol

I wish I could make it on the 19th - but between my work schedule
and weekend time with my daughter, I wasn't able to free up the day.

Maybe see you at TB or KH one of these days.

Hey Chuck,
I wish we could have hit the beach together, but condiitons looked lack luster.
You did well considering, there are usually some dink halibuts in that harbor, but I have never got a legal there.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Hi Robert

I'll be sure and send you a PM my next time down .

Thanks

Now that's tuff fishing fun never the less ,you really went die hard and came up with a few ...you topped it of with a meal with the moms!that I wish I could do again ,,,thanks for the report

Hi keepemlo

Thanks for the kind words