PDA

View Full Version : dont know what bass pole i want to look for.

Trout Chaser1
11-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Alright, been getting into bass fishing and need a pole or two, this is what im thinking.
--For the largemouth im thinking i'll get a 6'6" pole with 8p test so i can use drop shots and chuck diffrent worms.
--For the stripey pole i want something that i can chuck 1 ounce KPNs or bigger lures in places such as the duct,quail lake, DVL, castaic and such from SHORE.
-- I have no clue which reels i want to get or what ptest i want to use for this to be the most effective on either one.

What are you guys thinking about this? i dont want to spend a fortune on this either:Neutral:
Also any ideas where i should look to get these? Sport chalet? Bass pro? Walmart :LOL:?

Any info from someone who knows what their doing will help,

Thanks, Troutchaser1

wackyrigged
11-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Well without knowing if you mean casting or spinning and if you want to spend 5million dollars or like $50 but here gos. For the bass rod I rec. either buying a made in america st croix rod (which are the middle ones called premiere i think like $150) or what I been using is a Quantum they sell at wal mart its like $50 super durable (IMHO Quantum makes the best cheap rods ive ever used and Abu Garcia). But I prefer a 7 foot pole for dropshot. Anyway match that with a Shimano 2500 reel and your set I rec. at least the $50 one, sonora I thinks the name. (i have one 4 sale if interested) Well for the bigger one I assume you mean casting. Abu Garcia has worked out well for me I have the Verdikt which doesnt get much use and I have the cheap one from wal mart which i use heavily, works great. Heres were you shouldnt go cheap get a nice baicasting reel or youll be sorry. Im no fanboy so really any of the "good" major brands will work my favs are Daiwa, Shimano and Abu garcia. Hope that helped a little. Edit: Just reread your post and realise you dont want to spend a lot, the baitcaster would be the only thing that would cost alot, they should go on sale for the holidays though. Try the Revo Stx or if you are wanting to throw bigger then 1oz lures you might want to get the round ocean type reel shimano cardiff is a good oner.

yolo
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
For the price, performance and durability, the Shimano Caenan is hard to beat. I have had one since they came out and run it side by side with my Curado E7 and can hardly tell a difference. My 12lb and then 3 casts later 18lb a couple of weeks ago came when I had the Caenan in hand. Had no probs getting the 2 DD duct fish in with the Caenan back to back. I think for $90 retail, they are worth every penny.