PDA

View Full Version : Santa ana river lakes saturday morning with the Older Bro

Mr T-rex
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
:Fishing Hole:How many of you think the trout bite is gonna be good at sarl this saturday ??

E.A.R.G.
11-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Not I said the cat. Not I said the dog. Not I said the pig.

TheHegemon
11-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I was thinking about heading out there Sunday Morning, but I'm worried that no one has posted a report yet...

E.A.R.G.
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I believe 2 tanks went in. My best guess would be at or a little over 2000 pounds of trout. The tailwalkers are notorious for not biting straight out of the truck... especially for SARL. I fish this lake A LOT. A LOT A LOT. I wouldn't be surprised if the stock to catch ratio is less than 50 percent.... which is actually quite good because state hatcheries have far lower than 50 percent. So even if the few hundred people were to catch ALL the trout that were stocked... it doesn't quite amount to much lbs/angler. I would opt out and go to Corona instead. my 2cents. Give SARL a few weeks and it should get better. SARL hasn't been good for openers in a while.

Mr T-rex
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I believe 2 tanks went in. My best guess would be at or a little over 2000 pounds of trout. The tailwalkers are notorious for not biting straight out of the truck... especially for SARL. I fish this lake A LOT. A LOT A LOT. I wouldn't be surprised if the stock to catch ratio is less than 50 percent.... which is actually quite good because state hatcheries have far lower than 50 percent. So even if the few hundred people were to catch ALL the trout that were stocked... it doesn't quite amount to much lbs/angler. I would opt out and go to Corona instead. my 2cents. Give SARL a few weeks and it should get better. SARL hasn't been good for openers in a while. yeah two tanks went in wednesday morning. I was also thinking about going to corona but i never been there so im not trying to get that white stripe bro lol maybe the tailwalkers will adapt by saturday morning you never know plus the weather is pretty chilly.

Mr T-rex
11-04-2011, 11:26 AM
I was thinking about heading out there Sunday Morning, but I'm worried that no one has posted a report yet... i spoke to a staff and they said that the website has an error so they havent been able to upload pics but that the bite has been pretty fair.

luckyjr21
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
i spoke to a staff and they said that the website has an error so they havent been able to upload pics but that the bite has been pretty fair.
Come on REX , You really think that the staff is going to tell you that bite is dead and to stay away. I dont belive sh it they say ill take my chances and go regardless. I got the itch. and i need to scratch it. But im thinking irvine might be a better shot. cant make up my mind , but one thing is for sure , and thats im going after some trout tommorrow.

Mr T-rex
11-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Come on REX , You really think that the staff is going to tell you that bite is dead and to stay away. I dont belive sh it they say ill take my chances and go regardless. I got the itch. and i need to scratch it. But im thinking irvine might be a better shot. cant make up my mind , but one thing is for sure , and thats im going after some trout tommorrow. lol thats true..i just finished stocking up right now for lunch. i bought size 18 treble hooks,size 10 mosquito salmon egg hooks,power eggs and some panther martins ill be at sarl tommorowin the AM.. i heard that irvine trout opener is crazy right now especially with the 20,000lb stocking.. beautiful browns

E.A.R.G.
11-06-2011, 07:11 AM
i opted for the vine myself instead of sarl and corona. I knew SARL wasn't going to be good. But it was a toss up between Corona and Irvine. Made the call for Irvine and the 3 of us had full limits that went 30+ pounds.

Mr T-rex
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
i opted for the vine myself instead of sarl and corona. I knew SARL wasn't going to be good. But it was a toss up between Corona and Irvine. Made the call for Irvine and the 3 of us had full limits that went 30+ pounds.

did you catch your limit shore fishing ??
sarl was pretty good my brother landed a 8lb trout :)

E.A.R.G.
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
8 lber?! Sweet! You gotta show me the pics! in all honesty the tailwalkers are bad *** fish and tailwalkers that push 5 lbs are in my opinion the best fighting hatchery trout period.

We got ours baiting and on the troll. Got it done pretty quick too. Within about 4 hours all 3 of us had limits and thats with only 1 pole each.

luckyjr21
11-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I decided on irvine too, didnt go so well , I did some shore fishing with plenty of hook ups but coulndnt get them trough the weeds, farmed about 8 of them ,the only thing that covered up the white stripe was two falls i took in the mud.Lost plenty of kastmasters and plenty of line . But hey thats fishing , i think with irvine a boat is the way to go ,at SARL its all about the shore. where did you end up fishing at REX?

Mr T-rex
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I decided on irvine too, didnt go so well , I did some shore fishing with plenty of hook ups but coulndnt get them trough the weeds, farmed about 8 of them ,the only thing that covered up the white stripe was two falls i took in the mud.Lost plenty of kastmasters and plenty of line . But hey thats fishing , i think with irvine a boat is the way to go ,at SARL its all about the shore. where did you end up fishing at REX? i went to sarl bro. The bite went pretty good for a first stocking me and my brother landed our limits and he also landed a 8lb tailwalker. boy that tailwalker gave him a fight...

Mr T-rex
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM
8 lber?! Sweet! You gotta show me the pics! in all honesty the tailwalkers are bad *** fish and tailwalkers that push 5 lbs are in my opinion the best fighting hatchery trout period.

We got ours baiting and on the troll. Got it done pretty quick too. Within about 4 hours all 3 of us had limits and thats with only 1 pole each.

thats good i never trolled before.. thats why i go to sarl to shore fish because i still dont have a boat lol

luckyjr21
11-07-2011, 02:41 PM
i went to sarl bro. The bite went pretty good for a first stocking me and my brother landed our limits and he also landed a 8lb tailwalker. boy that tailwalker gave him a fight...What i meant is what part of the of the lake did you fish? Ill be there next saturday. Im a early bird so cant make my mind on a spot sandy beach or the pump house.are you heading out there again any time soon?

Mr T-rex
11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
What i meant is what part of the of the lake did you fish? Ill be there next saturday. Im a early bird so cant make my mind on a spot sandy beach or the pump house.are you heading out there again any time soon? ohhh lol..i was fishing at the sandy beach & i will be there again this saturday rain or shine