PDA

View Full Version : Taking 10+ kids out for fishing, do-able?

trandc9
11-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi guys,
I am so excited about new trout season at the Vine as well as my kids. I am planning to take my two son and their friends ( about 10 + of them, ages 6-10) out to the Kid's pond next Friday the 11th. Just want to drop a few questions:

1. Is there a place along the pond shore that I can set up a tent?
2. Do they allow you to set up a BBQ?
3.We'll be there late about 7AM. Do you think there're be any room left for us at the kid's Lagoon? Can we reserve a place?
4. Group discount?
Thanks,
Dustin

trollmiester
11-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Are you tlking about the catchoutpond where you pay per fish or fishing allday at the nice kids lagoon?

scott e
11-04-2011, 07:29 AM
If you don't drink heavily now, you will after that day! Good luck to you, you are doing a nice thing!!! (crazy, but nice).

Joshua
11-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi guys,
I am so excited about new trout season at the Vine as well as my kids. I am planning to take my two son and their friends ( about 10 + of them, ages 6-10) out to the Kid's pond next Friday the 11th. Just want to drop a few questions:

3.We'll be there late about 7AM. Do you think there're be any room left for us at the kid's Lagoon? Can we reserve a place?
4. Group discount?
Thanks,
Dustin

Yes, you can setup a tent. They also allow camping around the lagoon for an additional fee. Bringing a tent for the day, isnt considered camping

Yes, or a small firepit for those cold mornings

Larger groups can reserver a place. Boys scouts have done it . Must be a larger group
You wont have a problem finding a spot.

4. Group discount?
Maybe if you have a very large group (50+) . 10 people isnt a large group. You may think otherwise after spending the day wrangling cats.

trandc9
11-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the information

fishinone
11-04-2011, 10:14 AM
You should should ask a couple "really good friends,who will forgive you later" to help you.

Good Luck!

5150fishn
11-04-2011, 11:19 AM
On a friday you should be ok space wise for your group. You are taking on one heck of a task with that many kids. You are doing a great thing for those kids but you will be wiped out at the end of the day. You definatly could use some other assitance but it will be rewarding.